Comments on TDE Release Schedule

MadBeard

Re: Comments on TDE Release Schedule

Postby MadBeard » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:04 pm

Still no news about kickstarter? :(
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:17 pm

Well sort of there is.

They are running a Torg Kickstarter from next week, so no Dark Eye Kickstarter this year (I imagine).

https://www.ulisses-us.com/nile-empire- ... r-preview/

Morgoth

Postby Morgoth » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:45 pm

I doubt they will hold till next year, there should be no issue running 2 Kickstarters simultaneously...

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:50 am

Morgoth wrote:I doubt they will hold till next year, there should be no issue running 2 Kickstarters simultaneously...

Your words in Praios' ears :)

Flash

Postby Flash » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:16 pm

Morgoth wrote:I doubt they will hold till next year, there should be no issue running 2 Kickstarters simultaneously...

I think they staggered them about two weeks when they did more then one at the same time at gameontabletop. Would make sense as the most work with crowdfundings you probably have at the beginning and at the end of the runtime.

But then the US branch probably has less manpower then the German part of the company.

Also we don't know what causes the delay. Perhaps they have a sudden delay with the products they plan to do or perhaps one got finished sooner then expected and they expand their plans.

Morgoth

Postby Morgoth » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:08 pm

Hmm, maybe the Kickstarter will be for both the Magic book and Blessed One's book?? That would be incredible...as long its not delayed to Nov 2019 :mrgreen:

Flash

Postby Flash » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:50 pm

Morgoth wrote:Hmm, maybe the Kickstarter will be for both the Magic book and Blessed One's book?? That would be incredible...as long its not delayed to Nov 2019 :mrgreen:

Well that would indeed be a very attractive kickstarter. I rank the rulebook for the Blessed ones higher then the first one for magic.

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:15 am

Facebook has reminded me that the last Kickstarter was over 1 year ago now. In the German Dark eye in the year after the Kompendium they got Magic I, Gods I, the next Region Book/Box bundle and countless secondary adventures/hero works/Aventurian Newspaper (Boten) that hardcover about the Names of the different regions and no doubt a bunch of other material that I am missing.

I think there is 0 chance that this Kickstarter isn't delayed until 2019 and I would love it to kick off in January and give us lots of products, but at the moment the Dark Eye seems all but abandomed where they cannot even tell us what their plan is or what the problems might be preventing them from having a plan.

Thrar

Postby Thrar » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:22 pm

I wouldn't be quite as pessimistic, but I agree that the news this year as well as the communication frequency don't make it look like Ulisses NA has a lot of resources allocated to TDE.

The main thing that doesn't fit in for me is the recent Divinity:OS 2 campaign. While I'm sure the German players will like this, most of all I see it as a marketing channel for the international audience. In Germany, just about anyone who plays pen&paper RPGs has heard of TDE anyway, but internationally this campaign seems to be a good way to gain exposure to a lot of people, most of whom have never heard of TDE.

It's possible that this was planned and agreed on with Larian (the game studio) before a decision was made to reduce TDE involvement, but at the same time it seems like it would be a waste to just let this opportunity go by. We'll see in the next month or two I suppose.

Windjammer

Postby Windjammer » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:13 pm

I'm hugely in favor of delaying product release if they can improve the equality of translation. The books are very expensive but the translation is technically shoddy (witness various rules mistakes) and frequently fails to even be a translation. I'm happy to support the book series as a native speaker who lives in the US now, but I can't support a publisher who circumvents quality control.

Return to “Product Announcements”