TDE - Vampire of Havena

Eric USNA

TDE - Vampire of Havena

Postby Eric USNA » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:59 pm

Announcing the preview of the Vampire of Havena, a solo adventure in the world of The Dark Eye.

I'm not going to be showing off too many preview pages of this one, since most of the pages are filled with spoilers. Vampire of Havena is a choose-your-own-adventure style game where you read a description, make choices, and then turn the page to the appropriate entry to find out what happens next.

Kickstarter backers who purchased the "All the PDFs" add-on should have an email from DriveThruRPG in your box. For everyone else, here's the overview:

VampireOfHavena_Cover.jpg
VampireOfHavena_Cover.jpg (134.63 KiB) Viewed 11441 times

You hear the muffled sound of footfalls on wet cobblestones, then the sound of heavy boots stepping through puddles. You can’t see farther than ten yards in the thick fog that billows through the dockyards of Havena. You’ve lost track of your pursuers, but you’re sure they haven’t lost track of you. How can you get away? You never respected law and order quite as much as the priests of Praios said you should, and now this is the worst trouble you have ever been in. You cannot trust your eyes, and your ears even less so. Too many sounds echo in the streets—the hiss of an alley cat, the flapping wings of an old raven, and footsteps that seem to approach from every direction...

"The Vampire of Havena" is a solo adventure that lets you dive into the action when other players are not available. Every chapter presents new challenges, and you will need to muster all of your abilities if you wish to escape with your skin intact! Familiarity with The Dark Eye RPG or the world of Aventuria is not required—this scenario includes a ready-to-play character and all necessary rules.

Onward to adventure!

Flash

Re: TDE - Vampire of Havena

Postby Flash » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:59 pm

Awesome I already downloaded my copy. :D

Just a question why are cover and book separate PDF files :?:

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:18 pm

They send the files to me that way because they set up the cover as a single two-page file to show front and back. Since they're not separate pages, I can't just put the front cover on the body PDF and the back cover at the end of it. This is something I am intending to work on as we move forward. Much of our process is still be sorted out. :)

-Eric

Flash

Postby Flash » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:23 pm

Well it it a preview after all. :lol:

A very good looking preview I must say.

Denshi

Postby Denshi » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:12 pm

I've already enjoyed the German version ;). IMHO the adventure is well written. The plot could be a bit more coherent, but does its job. I don't know much about havena, but now I feel like I got a taste of its atmosphere(Now I have to wait for the havena supplement :( ).

The adventure I would recommend to anyone interested in a nightly stroll around havena's shadier spots or in need of inspiration for their strayer/rogue. (Note that you can't just use any rogue for this adventure: He needs to be male, havena-bound and conform to some skill/personality requirements.)

While all important rules are briefly explained in text boxes throughout the book, I would strongly recommend to at least familiarize themselves with the supplied hero.

There is one thing I noticed in the German edition though:
In section 100 it is said that every room except the north-eastern one is dimly lit. However the only room not lit by candles seems to be the room in the north-west(88).

P.S.:
I wonder what happened to Mr. Mann (or however he's called).

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:34 pm

I am extremely excited to play this.
Solo Adventures were great when I started playing "The Dark Eye" at age 8. It will be exciting to see whether they are like I remembered them or how they have changed in the last 30 years. I have already printed out the character sheet and next time I have a few hours I will dive into the seedy underbelly of Havena.

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:42 am

Wooohoo. Now I'm super excited. I got an email yesterday but didn't have time to read the adventure. I wasn't even aware that this is RPG novel book style adventure.
It's gonna be a nice weekend :mrgreen:
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

TeichDragon

Postby TeichDragon » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:11 am

Flash wrote:Just a question why are cover and book separate PDF files :?:

This is definitly not the final version, as i have it here on my laptop.
I have informed Michael Mingers, he's checking what has happened.
You should get another (Single file) version rather soon.

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:38 am

Updated the DriveThruRPG entry.

Warden

Postby Warden » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:08 am

Will this be released in English on rpgnow/drivethru soon?

Return to “Product Announcements”