TDE - Vampire of Havena

Eric USNA

Re: TDE - Vampire of Havena

Postby Eric USNA » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:36 am

We're going to be trying to keep to the timing they use for German releases, which is to make the PDF available in the same week that the print becomes available.

Right now it looks like Revelations from Heaven is ahead of Vampire of Havena by about two weeks, so when you see that become available you can expect that Vampire should be about two weeks behind it.

Warden

Postby Warden » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:39 am

Eric USNA wrote:We're going to be trying to keep to the timing they use for German releases, which is to make the PDF available in the same week that the print becomes available.

Right now it looks like Revelations from Heaven is ahead of Vampire of Havena by about two weeks, so when you see that become available you can expect that Vampire should be about two weeks behind it.

Ok thanks for the info

bluedragon7

Postby bluedragon7 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:25 pm

At least in the two file version are some errors in the character provided. Brawling is listed with two different AT scores as are daggers.

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:52 am

Now available in PDF and print!

Here's the DriveThruRPG link:
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/192 ... -of-Havena

You can get the print from paizo.com or you friendly local game store!

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:09 pm

It is a cracking wee adventure,
While I would usually like to use my own characters I had none that would have fitted the storyline and the pre made character is quite good for what this is about. It packs a lot of flavour of the city at the mouth of the Great River into the story. I am looking forward to the next solo-adventure in the Dark Eye.

Morgoth

Postby Morgoth » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:32 am

Thinking about getting this, but 10 bucks pdf for only 64 pages, and a solo adventure at that...

Is it really good? What's the combat like?

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:51 pm

If you are thinking of getting this for the combat then I would advise you against it.

It is great at getting the flavour of the Dark Eye in general and Havena specifically across.
In the Dark Eye fights are dangerous and generally have long term consequences and as such, specially in a solo adventure real fights are rare, but if they happen meaningful. The main character is a rogue type and so will more often attempt to solve problems with stealth and deception rather than fighting.

I thoroughly enjoyed the adventure, and if you were planning on playing a rogue this could be some of your backstory. I loved the atmosphere and to be honest the nostalgia of going back to "Choose your own Adventure" books (I have since then bought a couple of the best selling modern of those for that very reason) with the cool Dark Eye rules. But it is not long, I had a fun evening after the children went to sleep with it.

I hope that helps.

Morgoth

Postby Morgoth » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:51 am

Well broke down and bought this from Drivethru!

Will let you know after playing how it went :D

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:48 pm

I am looking forward to hearing what you thought of it, maybe we should start a spoiler thread for it in order to discuss stuff.

Morgoth

Postby Morgoth » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:11 am

Not a bad idea; I've read through the background info on the city at the end and will delve into the adventure today probably when I get the time

One thing: I was annoyed to see the number entries are not hyperlinked. This is extremely disappointing, as having hyperlinked number entries is the primary advantage in reading a gamebook in electronic form vs the physical book.

Return to “Product Announcements”