TDE - Vampire of Havena

Lambert

Re: TDE - Vampire of Havena

Postby Lambert » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:07 am

Morgoth wrote:One thing: I was annoyed to see the number entries are not hyperlinked. This is extremely disappointing, as having hyperlinked number entries is the primary advantage in reading a gamebook in electronic form vs the physical book.

All the Dark Eye PDFs are not linked. I am sure that somewhere else on the forum you can find the explanations. Non standard PDF readers, extra effort required and the sheer volume of material to translate speak against having the Ulisses US staff spend more time to provide these labour intensive nice to have bonus content rather than spending their time working on preparing the next books.

I certainly would prefer to have the next book a week earlier, the book after two weeks earlier etc then having slightly nicer to use PDFs.

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:11 am

Morgoth wrote:Not a bad idea; I've read through the background info on the city at the end and will delve into the adventure today probably when I get the time

One thing: I was annoyed to see the number entries are not hyperlinked. This is extremely disappointing, as having hyperlinked number entries is the primary advantage in reading a gamebook in electronic form vs the physical book.

You can create hyperlinks yourself in Foxit reader which is free if you want to.
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

julianwolfe

Postby julianwolfe » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:09 pm

My girlfriend got me this for my birthday. I've been playing through this as my first attempt at a solo module, and it's been a blast. I'm actually learning more about how the system is intended to be run, and the way you should be interacting with the encounters. The story is really enjoyable for a thief-style run, and the noise point mechanic is interesting. The pictures on the parlor wall also gave me a chuckle :)

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:39 pm

Thanks to MadBeard for applying his time and effort into putting together a clickable version!

The DriveThruRPG entry now has both versions, so you can choose which you prefer to download. All previous orders have been updated, so check your notifications if you did not get the email.

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:31 am

You are welcome Eric.
Guys, please let me know if you find dead/missing link or something that don't work, so I can fix it.
Thanks
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Morgoth

Postby Morgoth » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:59 pm

Woohoo awesome! Thanks madbeard, will check it out!

farwyl

Postby farwyl » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:19 am

Heyo!

I've just finished playing through the adventure, and had an amazing time with it. Haven't had this much fun with a gamebook since the first Lone Wolf.
So, thank you Ulisses team for the adventure and the translation. :)

Return to “Product Announcements”