TDE - Aventuria Bestiary

Eric USNA

TDE - Aventuria Bestiary

Postby Eric USNA » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:21 pm

I am trying something different with this book - setting up separate threads for previews and the product announcement. The previews will continue in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=632

Meanwhile, here's the official announcement about the Aventuria Bestiary, available soon from DriveThruRPG (PDF) and Paizo.com (Print)!

BestiaryCover.jpg
BestiaryCover.jpg (184.67 KiB) Viewed 10135 times

Demon hunter. Chimera killer. Dragon slayer. Titles that bring honor and glory... But to claim one of these awe-inspiring titles, heroes must defeat these beasts.

Horrifying and deadly monsters lurk in the forests, swamps, and jungles of Aventuria. To creatures such as these, heroes are little more than food, and whoever gets too close may fall prey to venomous fangs, razor-sharp claws, or worse.

Many adventurers have dreamed of slaying a giant wyvern and plundering its ancient hoard, but dragon-slaying is no easy task! The Aventuria Bestiary describes 40 terrifying monsters and two dozen highly dangerous animals that can challenge even the mightiest group of heroes.

This sourcebook describes supernatural beings such as demons, fairies, and ghosts, but also includes nightmarish flesh-and-bone creatures like the corpse-devouring ghoul, the foul pit worm, and the titanic gorger.

The wilds of Aventuria hold more than just monsters. The land also supports many dangerous and interesting animals. Aventuria’s oceans, skies, and fields are home to bloodthirsty striped sharks, arrow-swift storm falcons, and heavily armored, horned saurians, each a unique challenge for heroes who dare to explore the trackless wastes.

Each creature description features a full stat block, a colorful illustration, and notes on physical traits, habitat, and encounter tips.

As a bonus, the Aventuria Bestiary introduces new advantages and disadvantages, new special abilities designed for combat with creatures, rules for creature swarms, and expanded rules for hunting and making use of quarry.

Lambert

Re: TDE - Aventuria Bestiary

Postby Lambert » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:35 pm

I just flicked through the PDF and it's looking gorgeous. I cannot wait until I can get the print book from my Friendly Local Gaming Shop of choice.

Well done guys :)

Corsair

Postby Corsair » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:51 pm

The pdf book has been released already?

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:54 pm

As part of the "All the PDFs" Kickstarter pledge.
I think the official PDF release might be closer to the print release.

Flash

Postby Flash » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:04 pm

Lambert wrote:As part of the "All the PDFs" Kickstarter pledge.
I think the official PDF release might be closer to the print release.

That early release for the PDF flat backers is something very nice and of Ulisses just to say it. They don't really need to do that sooner release but that they make that effort for their backers is rather awesome of them. :D

I very much appreciate this.

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:27 pm

@Flash
I second that :)
And Beastingers are so cute :D
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:34 pm

I was on my phone in a break in the Tuesday night roleplaying game (WFRP 2nd Edition, as our Dark Eye game is waiting until we have the Warring Kingdoms plus some additional writing time).

Yes, the all the PDFs for backer has been handled way better than I thought it would be and is one of the many parts making this the best Kickstarter I have ever been a part of. Over the coming months this will become the best 99 bucks I have spend on virtual roleplaying books :)

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:49 pm

Are you guys already updating the file?
I can't download the bestary at the moment onto my computer at home (I have previously downloaded onto my phone) and it says the title doesn't exist (even though it shows up in my library). I am currently transferring from my phone to my computer (a little slower but it works).

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:12 pm

No, we're not currently updating it as far as I know. I sometimes have trouble with DTRPG's mobile interface, though. I always switch to "Desktop Version" even on my phone.

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:23 am

Now available through DriveThruRPG, Paizo, and your friendly local game store!

Return to “Product Announcements”