TDE - Almanac Kickstarter!

GTStar

Re: TDE - Almanac Kickstarter!

Postby GTStar » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:54 pm

Should be another one out of Starless Sky (Sternenfall).

Flash

Postby Flash » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:57 am

Oh the kickstarter seems to be on a nice start. :D

Sadly this time around I won't back as I already have the German version of the book and I get a English one through the PDF flatrate from the first kickstarter.

But still some thoughts on the kickstarter to show my support for the campaign:

Under Add-ons I would put in a graphic of the two core book variants like you id at the first kickstarter. A lot of people are very visual oriented and it is important that newcomers that didn't back the first one don't miss the information that they can get the books from the first one as well. Text only is easy to miss.

You should spread the information around a little bit. Perhaps a status update in the first kickstarter so that the old backers knew that a new one is active. The PDF for Justice and Noble Valour seems to be coming soon. That would be a very good opportunity for this.

Also most RPG message boards have places for kickstarter announcements like this:
https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?71 ... cts/page86
http://www.enworld.org/forum/forumdispl ... ouncements

Not everybody uses or likes social media like facebook. I haven't seen announcements for the kickstarter at these two boards I often frequent.

There is probable a lot already planned. But still I wanted to offer my two cents to contribute to the success of the kickstarter. :)

Silverthorne

Postby Silverthorne » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:17 am

If i am getting the PDF already and want just the stretch goals, how would I put in for it?

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:51 pm

Flash -

I don't necessarily do everything on the first day. :) You'll see more announcements as we go, mostly through DriveThruRPG and Kickstarter. In terms of rpg.net and enworld, honestly I haven't seen a lot of hits through those in the past. I'll probably keep trying because it's important not to miss any free opportunities, but word of mouth continues to be the most effective single marketing tool for getting new people. (DriveThru and Kickstarter are some of the best ways for reaching existing customers.)

Silverthorne -

You should be able to get all the stretch goals a la carte through the Pledge Manager store at the end of the campaign.

Prons

Postby Prons » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:56 pm

If we add-on the Core Book, will we receive it when the core book physicals come out, or wait until when the Almanac comes out?

Also, what will the coaster look like? :D

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:46 pm

Any add-ons for this campaign will be shipped in the same package as the Almanac. We're offering it for convenience, but it may not be the fastest way to get The Core Rules.

We will try to share coaster designs as they come in. Nadine is working on them now. :)

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:22 am

My problem is that I love the regular version so much. The cover is great and as snazzy the red or black leather might look I feel that losing the cover and the nice feel of that 3D varnish thingy is not worth it.

But of course I could be persuaded if you created another level like the one in the main Kickstarter where you can get a character into an upcoming Dark Eye product at some point. :)

HEX the Dark

Postby HEX the Dark » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:44 am

GTStar wrote:Should be another one out of Starless Sky (Sternenfall).

That's what I thought, too, but neither the title or the description match any of the stories in there.

Lambert wrote:My problem is that I love the regular version so much. The cover is great and as snazzy the red or black leather might look I feel that losing the cover and the nice feel of that 3D varnish thingy is not worth it.

I have to agree. As nice as they look, the lack of cover isn't really worth it. Also, I had some problems with the metal cornerpieces, as one came off and tore the paper a little, and the pages tend to get stuck at them.
Never trust a smiling gamemaster

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:34 am

From what I understand, the short stories are not from Starless Sky. I may be mistaken about that, but that's what I was led to believe.

Also, since I know a fair number of the people on here are "All the PDFs" backers, I should let you know that I am working on some sort of discount or bonus since you won't need another digital copy of the Almanac.

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:43 am

Eric USNA wrote:Also, since I know a fair number of the people on here are "All the PDFs" backers, I should let you know that I am working on some sort of discount or bonus since you won't need another digital copy of the Almanac.

That would be great. The value proposition is tricky in my particular case as I am not interested in the deluxe or limited edition and already have the PDF in my previous Kickstarter. I am still on board because I want to support the growing line and feel that more of my 65 bucks is going to go to the Ulisses US people here than if I buy the book for 35 bucks on Amazon.

Something which wouldn't add any direct cost to the campaign could be to simply extend the all the PDFs pledge for a number of months into 2018. For me that would be great.

Let me know what you think.

Return to “Product Announcements”