Oh its there. Just read my mails. Nice surprise. :D

GTStar

Re: TDE - Almanac Kickstarter!

Postby GTStar » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:05 pm

Got it :)

Lorgan

Postby Lorgan » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:05 pm

Are there any news on the PDF's distribution to backers? Can we expect it to happen soon?

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:24 pm

Lorgan -

For the Kickstarter backers, it will happen as part of the Pledge Manager store, which should be ready to open in the next few days. (We close the Aventuria Card Game store tomorrow.)

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:59 pm

Quick question about timelines here.

Back in October it was said that the Kickstarter was a way for fans to get the book sooner (and of course a means to get deluxe and limited editions) and in the schedule the Almanac is still said to have a February retail release. Now with the Backerkit store not being yet open I am not even sure I will have the Kickstarter edition by the end of February let alone for there to be time me to have the book sooner than the retail channels, unless of course the schedule is being adversely affected.

Don't get me wrong, I love everything Dark Eye I have seen so far. The Almanac PDF (from the All the PDFs add on from the original Kickstarter) is mint and so I am convinced the book is going to be great. When you have the next Kickstarter (I am still hoping for Warring Kingdoms) I will be a keen day 1 backer, and gladly so, but I feel that there have been very few progress updates thus far. For example, if people can add on deluxe copies in the BackerKit store one has to assume that they haven't been produced yet, and if they need to get from being produced all the way to the backers doors then February seems almost unrealistic. If on the other hand the stuff has all been produced with an eye on putting the excess copies into the retail channels (you can in Germany often order special editions in the F-shop) then why not show us an update picture of someone standing in front of hundreds of boxes of Almanacs or someone with the advance copies in their hands smiling etc.

I understand you might be unwilling to give people dates in case you cannot meet them and heaven knows people whine when they have to wait an additional period of time for their precious books, but surely there is lots happening behind the scenes that could show us (or at least give the impression) that things are happening :)

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:03 am

So...I need a couple more days before I can respond to this. Let's just say there are updates but I need to wait for confirmation. I should have the official word by Monday.

Waylaynder

Postby Waylaynder » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:55 pm

Any news on backer kit for almanac?

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:58 pm

I can say this much - we're finalizing some details on the figure flats. They are growing slightly as a product, so we have to get a little more information before we can open the store.

Morgoth Feuerklinge

Postby Morgoth Feuerklinge » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:56 am

HEX the Dark wrote:Awesome!

I have a question though. The Short story, do you know where it is from?

The short story #1 and short story #4 are from the book 'Aufruhr in Aventurien' (Revolt in Aventuria), which contains several short stories and was already published 2002. The original short story #1 was called 'Die Sonne im Herzen' and was written by André Wiesler. The short story #4 was called 'Der Erbe' and was written by Stefan Schulz.

The short story #2 is from the book 'Das Echo der Tiefe' (2012, the echo of the deep) and is called originally "Ketten". This novel is from Eevie Demirtel.

What the original for the short story #3 was, I can not say unfortunately. Maybe someone else knows that.
Please excuse my bad English, I'm a beginner.

TDE since: 1998
Current TDE rule set: 4.1
Played adventures: 55

Lorgan

Postby Lorgan » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:00 pm

Since there are obviously some issues with setting up the Pledge Manager store, and many people can enjoy the PDF for almost a month, maybe it's time to distribute it separately to the remaining backers? I understand trouble with physical products, but this is another matter entirely.

Return to “Product Announcements”