Fading Suns to Join Ulisses Spiele English Product Line!

Eric USNA

Re: Fading Suns to Join Ulisses Spiele English Product Line!

Postby Eric USNA » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:13 am

That's exactly what I need to find out.

This all became public yesterday, and up until then it was so secret that I was part of the team that didn't know these talks were happening. :)

I'm working on it. Should know more soon.

Grummore

Postby Grummore » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:17 am

Just to show an exemple of fan made stuff (wonder!):

Zagreb Field
Overview: Once a prosperous mining and production colony; the moon of Zagreb is now a forced labor camp of the Abwehr Citidel. Zagreb and it’s group of companion satellites wander a slowly decaying orbit between Dolorius and Twilight . Once a commercial outpost of a high tech, high minded republic; it is now a military forced labor camp.
Relations: Zagreb’s Central Command Council is loyal to the Abwehr Citidel. The Council, consisting of three party appointees, manages the day-to-day workings of the large field’s colonies.
Zagreb does minimal direct trade with other powers. The occasional ore freighter or mining ship or freighter from the Sayshel Collective is pretty much the extent of business. Trade with ground based Twilight is by government owned transport. (Note: These transports are of diverse manufacture. Many date back to the former Croven Republic or Zigan owners.)

Description: Zagreb was once a moon of Dolorius. The mineral rich moon was colonized as far back as the Second Republic (or longer) and has long since been mined out. The surface is covered in craters and mining tailings from centuries of exploitation. Abandoned facilities, stripped of useful equipment, line the surface. Many facilities have been abandoned wrecked beyond repair after the cataclysms of 4712.
The main colony on Zagreb consists of a series of subterranean structures and large surface constructs; interconnected by a tunnel and rail system. The Shipyards are situated in the flats of an ancient crater, the industrial zone lines the craters decaying rim. To the northeast lies the spaceport. The forced labor have been interned in what was once an upscale district built in the 4450’s known locally as “New Town” while the majority of the Abwehr citizens are housed in Old Town.
The “Old Town” is located north of the crater wall beneath an ancient lava flow. It is home to the core of the Abwehr establishment; soldiers, administrators, guards, and managers. Meticulous housing, offices, and storefronts line the halls. The central common areas are host to all types of Citadel approved entertainments. Security at every entrance is tight and surveillance is everywhere.
“New Town” is a domed shaft on the western edge of the crater whose interior has been excavated layer by layer creating a spiral town descending over a kilometer underground. Seven side chambers are used for specialty support industries essential to support of food, environmental controls, and part fabrication. The corridors of the district are constantly patrolled by citadel guards; the once spacious apartments of the district have been subdivided into cells and bunk rooms for workers.
Most of the prisoner/forced laborers living in “New Town” are employed at the facilities in Factory Ridge. Industrial facilities line the steep north end of a crater wall providing manufactured parts to supply the shipyards as well as air, water, and nutritional supplements.
The Shipyards consist mainly of the flat surface of the crater floor littered with projects in various states of assembly serviced by hundreds of mobile facilities, cranes, and trucks. The Solarius dominates the southern end of the yard, the incomplete Zigan Dreadnaught Solaris, being by and far the largest ship here. Most new ships being assembled here are frigates, personnel transports, military cargo vessels, and patrol ships.
The Port has been extensively retrofitted from the mining center it once was into an effective transport hub for prisoners separate from Abhwer citizens and critical military cargo.
In coming prisoners are screened, processed, and introduced to life on Zagreb at the “Wardens” a high security facility mid-way between the port and the eastern end of Factory Ridge. Troublesome detainees are also kept at this facility separate from the greater prison population.
Orbiting Zagreb is a small 1km in diameter moon known formerly as Zagreb –A or as “Ayehem” by locals. The mines of the moon ran out less than 10 years ago. The facility on the moon’s surface has since been stripped of mining gear and is now used by the Citadel as little more than a transfer and sensor station. In its current role it is a hotbed of corruption and smuggling. The smuggling taking place has been focused on the comforts and deprivations of the Abwehr officer core; hence little has been done to curb it.
The Zabreb Belt contains a dozen active small asteroid mines. Each of these mines is supplied from and ship material thru Zathreb for processing. If possible the work conditions of the remote mines are worse than those on Zagreb itself.
History: Zagreb was colonized during the Second Republic originally as a mining colony. Due to its orbit of Dolorius it was a convenient way station for miners of the (now dispersed asteroid fields that orbited the Twilight system. By the time of the Fall it was a busy Republic outpost with a substantial industrial base. After the fall the Croven Republic struggled maintain control of the Dolorius colonies. Twice during the Dark Ages the colonies rebelled and declared independence (The last time during the Reval Renaissance).
In 4712 Dolorius’s orbit destabilized and over the next fifty years shed 20 of the largest of it’s sixty moons. Many moons, in the anxiety of the time, rejoined the Croven Republic, Revel, and Sayshel. By 4785 Zagreb was in semi-autonomous union with Croven. This was the year Twilight became the nuclear waste of today. Zagreb quickly acknowledged it’s need of a ground based ally. Eventually reaching an alliance with the Zigan Union in 4789 the two lived co-dependently for the next century and a half rebuilding.
As the opening salvo to the invasion of Zigo the Abwehr Citidel assaulted Zagreb. It saw the immediate results of Reval’s racial and political hatreds first hand. The once democratic colony was converted to a series of ghetto’s and forced labor camps. Imported Zigan’s and other undesirables have been imported to work in the forced labor camps in the thousands ever since to work in the military industrial factories. The docks, long focused on civilian and commercial ships, have been converted to military production.

Assets: Zabreb’s production is used for the greater prosperity of the Citadel. The facility builds a dozen starships a year for Abwehr’s greater glory. Long Live the Citadel!!

Men-at-Arms: The Citadel maintains a significant policing force and naval force. 5,000 guards are dedicated to supervising the 42,000 forced laborers. Another 3,000 factory administrators and support personnel could be armed in case of a serious uprising. Another 1,000 naval personel are based out of the port for training and patrol services.
Ten Point defense blaster and torpedo emplacements surround the shipyard. Two heavy laser turrets are located on towers dedicated to defense of the Port. Orbital surveillance provides advance warning of incoming ships.
Two Frigates and a dozen patrol vessels are assigned to the Field at any point in time; these are regularly resupplied/manned by the Citadels Gift, a locally built tender, based out of the port.

Personas:
Commandant Sunil Hamied (b. 4950): The most influential member of the Central Command Council of Zigan the Commandant is charged with operations of the forced laborers on Zagreb. An intelligent if paranoid man he has spies throughout the Zigan population. He is hoping to be promoted in the near future to take a larger more important command on Twilight. Perhaps even on the Zigan Occupation Command Council.
Prisoner Z931847 – Karan Sena (b. 4971): Karan Sena was once a Sergeant in the Zigan Armed Forces prior to being part of General Alva’s surrender of the city of Tardeo. Her military background made her a security risk for the first two years of her imprisonment however her technical skills led to her being shipped to the shipyards of Zathreb. She has since been promoted to work a small team charged with maintaining shipyard facilities. She is secretly a highly placed cell leader charged with planning the capture vessels in the shipyards should the opportunity arise.

Adventure Idea’s:
The Mutiny & The Solarius: Characters are somehow (Prisoners of the Citadel, Smuggling weapons to the laborers, trying to steal something... Take your pick) on Zagreb when a prison riot begins. The workers, armed with smuggled weapons, gain the upper hand and sieze the Shipyards, New Town, and most of Factory Ridge. They neutralize the gun emplacements surrounding the shipyard and prepare to escape using every available ship capable of flying.
The new dreadnaught Solarius is in-dock being fitted out. Originally designed by the Zigan Navy, she was over three quarters complete when the Citadel captured her over Twilight. She was moved here for finishing, a process that has taken almost twelve years due both to disinterest from Abwehr Miliary Counsel and sabotage by Zigan workers.
The Solarius and other ships are loaded with laborers in a rush to get offworld before assistance can arrive from in-system. They can’t go home; they don’t trust the safely of Delphia or Antioch. When the find out that there are Known World’ers amongst them they set their site on escaping to Ravenna and beyond.
Solarius is a huge vessel designed as a command and control ship for the Navy. The vessel requires a thousand men to operate and is capable of carrying near ten thousand. The armored behemoth was designed more for defense and control than as a heavy assault vessel; it is equipped with armaments little more than those of a Known Worlds cruiser but with defensive capabilities far superior to any contemporary.

Grummore

Postby Grummore » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:19 am

I don't want to overwhelm the thread with stuff like that, I just wanted to show how good was some of the fan stuffs!

Well good luck gathering the database. And I will wait for the forum to open.

So greetings everyone. I hope I'm not to pervasive! :shock:

Grummore

Postby Grummore » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:21 am

This kind of stuff makes excellent web supplement when they are well directed by an active licence owner, don't you think?

Flash

Postby Flash » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:02 pm

Nborys wrote:Unless they've changed Paizo doesn't print in the US, they print in China.

And I am very glad that Ulisses doesn't print in China. The whole German language FFG Star Wars fiasco would have been non existent when Ulisses would have been allowed to print the books in Europe like they do with their other product lines.

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:07 pm

Grummore wrote:Zagreb Field /snip

I'm not familiar with Fading suns lore or system so forgive my (maybe dumb) question :)
Is this fan made Zagreb based on capital of Croatia (Croven Republic or Zigan owners? ) :D
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:52 pm

Hey all,
My first post here, yay! :)
I'm happy to see FS gaining new life with a fresh company, and I hope I'll be able to contribute to this edition too. Fading Suns is one of the deepest and most interesting SciFi settings out there and I just love it to death :D

Best of luck to Ulisses on their new license.

-Vidar aka Angelman

Grummore

Postby Grummore » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:48 pm

Can you give a little insight about where you are going with FS?

Because you surely had to explain what you will do and how you will move the setting for HDi approval! ;-)

What did you told them to be the lucky elected publisher? Why have you been chosen? 8-)

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:32 pm

Although there is no official direction yet (and I just found out myself this week), I can guess that a lot of the discussion was more about the actual publishing side of things and the commitment that Ulisses is making to revitalizing classic favorites. I would imagine that what we're doing with Torg occupied a fair bit of the discussion, and that part I can answer - keep it feeling as much like the classic game as possible while streamlining the system just enough to be inviting to new players.

That's what we're doing with Torg, and I'm sure that will be the focus with Fading Suns. Beyond that, it's hard to say. This is a very new project that is just in the opening stages at the moment.

Flash

Postby Flash » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:03 pm

Eric USNA wrote: I would imagine that what we're doing with Torg occupied a fair bit of the discussion, and that part I can answer - keep it feeling as much like the classic game as possible while streamlining the system just enough to be inviting to new players.

Well if you haven't much information about Fading Suns yet the you can always share some juicy information about Torg. :D

After all that is very interesting topic as well and so far there is not much information known about what is planned so far for that game.

Return to “Product Announcements”