TDE - GM Screen and Inns & Taverns

Eric USNA

TDE - GM Screen and Inns & Taverns

Postby Eric USNA » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:27 am

InsTavernsCover.jpg
InsTavernsCover.jpg (186.28 KiB) Viewed 6659 times

Your days of searching through large tomes are over!

The Game Master Screen puts all of the Dark Eye’s important tables and charts right at your fingertips. This four-paneled screen gives detailed summaries of skill use, combat, magic, and miracles, which means less time looking for rules and more time enjoying the game.

The Game Master Screen also includes Inns & Taverns, a 48-page booklet with rules for popular tavern games, quality of goods, and pub brawls, new Focus Rules for the effects of Aventurian drinks, and tables for creating unique taverns—everything you need to add vivid and thrilling details to your tavern encounters.

The Tavern Guide features three examples of different Aventurian inns and taverns:

The Kraken King, the seediest tavern in Havena
The Hearthfire, a hospitable inn and way station on Realm Road III
The Round Wheel, a luxurious hotel and resort in the heart of the city of Punin

Each example includes detailed descriptions of important locations, residents, and patrons, as well as a full color map. Use these examples when you need a new location quickly, or use them as inspirations for creating your own taverns and adventures.

------------------

Early digital copies have been sent out to our "All the PDFs" backers. Coming soon to a store near you!

Flash

Re: TDE - GM Screen and Inns & Taverns

Postby Flash » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:55 pm

So much alcohol in that booklet... :lol:

HEX the Dark

Postby HEX the Dark » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:16 pm

Man, I need more money.
Never trust a smiling gamemaster

schreinereiner

Postby schreinereiner » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:00 pm

Just downloaded my copy and the resolution of the GM Screen Inserts seems low, especially when you get to the rules summary section. Looks like a low resolution image got inserted into a PDF rather than embedded fonts. Is there any way to publish a higher resolution copy?

The quality of the Inns and Taverns document is fine.

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am

Hmm. I had made a high-res version, but it ended up 127 MB. It condensed a lot more than I expected when I used Acrobat to reduce the size, so no doubt it significantly lowered the resolution on those images.

I'll play with it some more today and see if I can come up with a good middle ground.

Also, thanks to the "All the PDFs" backers for being my beta testers. ;)

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:56 pm

Updated the file. Should be much better now, as the text is now native to the PDF. It did mean I had to cut the pages differently, so the rules pages are a smidge uneven. But they'll still print fine.

schreinereiner

Postby schreinereiner » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:33 pm

Much better, thanks! Happy to provide feedback.

Any rough idea by when the first magic sourcebook will be translated? That's the main one I'm still waiting for before pulling a group together to start playing.

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:34 am

That's quite a long ways off, unfortunately. So far that I do not have a date for it yet.

Flash

Postby Flash » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:40 pm

schreinereiner wrote:Any rough idea by when the first magic sourcebook will be translated? That's the main one I'm still waiting for before pulling a group together to start playing.

While the first magic book might take a while (It was just released shortly before Christmas in German) the Warring Kingdoms source book that should come much sooner in the release schedule might help you a little bit with the waiting. You get Druids there and quite a number of spell that the other traditions can use as well.

Morgoth

Postby Morgoth » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:12 pm

Eric USNA wrote:That's quite a long ways off, unfortunately. So far that I do not have a date for it yet.

Looks lovely; especially the 48 page booklet that comes with it!

Eric when will the pdf be available to non backers over on Drivethru?

Also, while I admire the fact that you are attempting to put pdfs for gen. public up at around the same time when the hardcopies are available in stores, could you bump the pdfs back up to earlier please? The delay in Aventurian Almanac has been too long; I was a kickstarter backer but couldn't afford the all pdfs at the time (though I am kicking myself now for not scrounging up the cash) and due to where i live shipping costs for hardcopies are a major no-no for me sadly.

So I get my books in pdf, but the wait is killing me!

Return to “Product Announcements”