Revelations Booklet now available

Eric USNA

Revelations Booklet now available

Postby Eric USNA » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:21 pm

Check it out on DriveThru if you didn't get it at Gen Con.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/220645

Also, if you own or work at a store and would like to distribute physical copies, please contact me.

ragnarol

Re: Revelations Booklet now available

Postby ragnarol » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:45 am

Wrong forum?

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:04 am

So it is. I have to get used to how many there are now!

ragnarol

Postby ragnarol » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:09 am

After the false hopes I now demand a "Revelations" booklet for fading suns too :mrgreen:

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:18 am

I will pass that along. :)

Valyar

Postby Valyar » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:44 am

The first sentence from the booklet:
For more than a hundred centuries, the Emperor has sat immobile on the Golden Throne
of Earth.

Earth!? Are you serious? And the writing style that follows... how many people worked independently on each sentence?

The whole introduction section is just bad. It is a mix of watered down content and premature editing without knowing why Warhammer 40k is so unique and amazing. Same feeling I have in the following pages. Dark Heresy 2nd edition by FFG is prime example of how 40k content should be handled and presented to an audience.

I hope this booklet was released in a hurry for the GameCon and what comes out next year will be significantly better. :)

TheInquisition

Postby TheInquisition » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:56 pm

Valyar, the introduction from Revelations is word for word the introduction from the third page Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition. The first line including Earth, not Terra, is also consistent with Black Library publications.

The Wrath & Glory team is working closely with Games Workshop to ensure everything meets or exceeds their standards. Led by Ross Watson, the team is filled with Warhammer 40,000 veterans who are dedicated to creating a RPG that shines the light of the God Emperor just as brightly as the decades of material that came before.

[sign of the Aquila]
Discipline a heretic and he'll be loyal for a minute.
Put him to the flame and he'll be loyal for the rest of his life.

-The Holy Ordos of the Emperor's Inquisition

Valyar

Postby Valyar » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:40 am

...who are dedicated to creating a RPG that shines the light of the God Emperor just as brightly as the decades of material that came before.

The Holy Inquisition comes to deliver a proper answer! This is exactly the thing I am talking about :)

Indeed I stand corrected, Earth is used. And to my surprise I found it in the intro sections of DH1 and 2. Then I traced this back to 4th edition of the Warhammer 40k wargame rules, which is the oldest one I own. :shock: We have been playing in Warhammer 40K universe for years, and because we rarely refer to the original text or use "Earth", this heresy has gone unnoticed for so long... Please accept my apologies for this.

For the rest - if this is written by Black Library, I really hope that the team led by Ross Watson will exceed their standards, because it seems the Brexit hit them hard... :)

Return to “Official Timeline and Product Announcements (W&G)”