New Bedford Murderhobos reporting for duty

Nemesor Azuos

New Bedford Murderhobos reporting for duty

Postby Nemesor Azuos » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:58 pm

Hi,

I've been gaming and GM'ing for over 30 years now. Started with my parents buying me the D&D Basic box in a flea market, when I was 11. They were just happy to have a child who wanted to read, and I've been hooked and haven't stopped since.

Over the years I've played pretty much every edition of D&D, TSR's Marvel Super Heroes, WEG's Star Wars, TORG, & Ghostbusters, Vampire, Werewolf, Mage, Mummy, Hunter, Shadowrun, Mayfair's DC Heroes, WEG's DC Heroes, GR's DC Heroes, Mutants and Masterminds, Savage Worlds, Pathfinder, Buffy, Angel, Talislanta, and a few more I'm sure I've forgotten.

I have playetested for Eden Studios Buffy and Angel RPGs, as well as their unreleased City Of Heroes RPG.
Also playtested for miniatures games, such as ShockForce, Superfigs Super System, War Engine, and Heroscape (C3G)

Tried Dark Heresy, the previous 40K RPG, but I just didn't like the mechanics and it's limited scope of the 40K universe you were allowed to play.

I'm really looking forward to Warhammer 40,000: Wrath and Glory, since WEG's Star Wars and TORG were very open ended in player character possibilities and I'm postiive that mentality has seeped into the DNA of Wrath and Glory.

Some of my Gaming Group have been playing together for 30 years, and we still play weekly, alternating between games. The group currently has a half dozen Warhammer 40,000 players who are itching to take Warhammer 40,000: Wrath and Glory for a spin !!

HEX the Dark

Re: New Bedford Murderhobos reporting for duty

Postby HEX the Dark » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:20 am

Over the years I've played pretty much every edition of D&D, TSR's Marvel Super Heroes, WEG's Star Wars, TORG, & Ghostbusters, Vampire, Werewolf, Mage, Mummy, Hunter, Shadowrun, Mayfair's DC Heroes, WEG's DC Heroes, GR's DC Heroes, Mutants and Masterminds, Savage Worlds, Pathfinder, Buffy, Angel, Talislanta, and a few more I'm sure I've forgotten.

Time to add some The Dark Eye I'd say. ;)

Also, welcome!
May the light of the Emperor shine upon you.
Never trust a smiling gamemaster

schoon

Re: New Bedford Murderhobos reporting for duty

Postby schoon » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:58 am

Yes, the "broad and inclusive" concept they're embracing for the main book and the action-oriented, fast paced goal for rules/play seem a far cry from some of the core tenants of the FFG system.

I'm also looking forward to it!

Return to “Newcomer Introduction and FAQ (W&G)”