HI from South Florida, USA>

marshal kt

HI from South Florida, USA>

Postby marshal kt » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:57 pm

Hi. Old rpg gamer, from 1980. I've played, read and collected GW & Citadel since 1986. I've tried all of the 40k and Fantasy minis games and RPGs. There is an official GW store near me as well as a comics and game store that sells GW products.

I'm looking forward to a new version of the RPG since I haven't liked the previous ones.
I'm hoping to get into some form of alpha or beta test. [hint] ;-)

schoon

Re: HI from South Florida, USA>

Postby schoon » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:49 am

Welcome!

I'm in the same boat, in that I found the FFG rules a bit rules heavy. That didn't keep me from playing, but I like what I hear about the new approach thus far.

marshal kt

Re: HI from South Florida, USA>

Postby marshal kt » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:09 pm

Rules heavy, but not covering anything. I played a couple times, once online. I had a guardsman. His chance to hit a target at optimum range was under 50%. Really, not a raw recruit, but a full guardsman. Factor in longer range, movement, darkness or such and he had a better chance of killing everyone else than his target. [which he did]

In a local game, I wanted my character to behead all of the corpses he found. He was a 'beginning cleric' and he just 'knew' that all corpses rose unless beheaded and had special herbs put in their mouth. All RP, but the GM was flustered and didn't know how handle a simple beheading or eve a coup-d-gras.

Return to “Newcomer Introduction and FAQ (W&G)”