Hello from the oubliette

Savioronedge

Hello from the oubliette

Postby Savioronedge » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:09 am

I recently started posting on the TORG boards and had to look over here.

I am a long time 40K fan who occasionally played WFB. I once even ran a WFRPG campaign. Now I am stuck in a town in Central New York where the nearest game store is 45 minutes away in good traffic.

I am particularly looking forward to this release. As a Harlequin player, many of my miniature battles have felt like RPGs where the "Characters' actions" mattered and the rest was setting (I once fielded a 1500 point army in 3 figures).

If I knew where, I might be willing to relocate to be a tester. (Just throwing it out there)

schoon

Re: Hello from the oubliette

Postby schoon » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:50 am

Welcome aboard!

Harlequins have always had an amazing story behind them, and if the seminars are any indication, we'll be able to play them in the RPG.

How does the new TORG play?

Savioronedge

Re: Hello from the oubliette

Postby Savioronedge » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:33 pm

I haven't had a chance to play it myself, yet, though I am in negotiations with the local library for a meeting place and time. I have been in Auburn, NY, for 3 years and I have yet to find another true Gamer.

Looking at the rules and comparing them to my Favorite Ever RPG, it's hard to describe. There are things I already miss and things I am willing to try despite my fear they won't work for me. On the whole, I am deeply pleased with what I have seen. And bringing the subject back to W&G, the statement that this system was heavily influenced by TorgE leaves me feeling like a Guardian waiting for the Grand Performance of The Dance to begin.

Return to “Newcomer Introduction and FAQ (W&G)”