Newly Minted Community Manager

cps

Re: Newly Minted Community Manager

Postby cps » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:09 pm

Thendoctor wrote:We just want to know what's going on (especially as it relates to Errata), and personally I'd like rules questions answered by devs or at least the go betweens. I don't mind community answers but at the end of the day those aren't official in any capacity.
USNA Jason Peck wrote:

This is the crux of it - communication has been abysmal. How are we supposed to hear about news about the game?

For example, googling "wrath and glory errata" gets you:
1) a file listing on Ulisses' web server to the PDF
2) a link to a thread here where people guess at rules and no devolves inot an unhelpful tangent with no company response until page 7
3) an FAQ clearly written before the game released with a link to a gencon event that 404s

Nowhere is there an announcement saying, "hey everyone here's this thing we did!" Your company's own product page for W&G hasn't been updated since August 2018. Despite officially being "released" there's not a W&G entry under Shop on your main site. It's easy to see where the sense that the game has kinda been abandoned comes from. So, honest question - where should I be looking if I want to hear about W&G product updates?

Also side note it's kinda weird you guys have directory listing enabled on your web server.

Nemesor Azuos

Postby Nemesor Azuos » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:58 pm

It would be great if the site was updated.

I had pre-ordered my book from Amazon and now that I have it in hand it's a bit off putting to find the site hasn't been updated.

Some previews of the upcoming campaign book would be nice and it would let us know this game isn't on life support.

Eidrog

Postby Eidrog » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:32 pm

Hello Jason! Glad to have you aboard! :D

I was also definitely feeling like the product had been abandoned. With slow news on the forum, and no news on the Facebook page for months - I figured maybe a Hive Fleet swooped in, turned everyone at Ulisses into Tyranid slurry, and we were gonna have to send in the Deathwatch to investigate! (You know, standard Imperial protocol.)

Glad to hear there’s folks hard at work at the Ulisses-Us station! :mrgreen:

. . . Uh. . . But maybe just to be sure, how many arms does the Emperor have? :shock:

USNA Jason Peck

Postby USNA Jason Peck » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:59 am

Eidrog wrote:Hello Jason! Glad to have you aboard! :D

I was also definitely feeling like the product had been abandoned. With slow news on the forum, and no news on the Facebook page for months - I figured maybe a Hive Fleet swooped in, turned everyone at Ulisses into Tyranid slurry, and we were gonna have to send in the Deathwatch to investigate! (You know, standard Imperial protocol.)

Glad to hear there’s folks hard at work at the Ulisses-Us station! :mrgreen:

. . . Uh. . . But maybe just to be sure, how many arms does the Emperor have? :shock:

See? I love you guys. As a 40k fan myself for more than 28 years, it's little comments like this that really show me that lots of you guys love this stuff as much as we do. We're all fine here, just need to get all our long-billed aquatic avian in a row.

And of course the Emperor has fou...err, two! Two arms! Exactly. All hail the Two-armed Emperor! When He arrives from the stars, our true ascension begins.
Wrath & Glory Community Manager

MitchellTF

Postby MitchellTF » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:05 pm

Hi. I'd also like to testify news on updates as well. There's a lot of minor stuff to get used to in the system, and I confess I've noticed some issues with game balance in my thing. (Mainly with Resiliance and weapon stuff...and ESPECIALLY Tier 2 Melee)

That said? It's a great system, very fun, and I really enjoy having it. I'm looking into news myself, as I dropped $300 to get all this stuff, and want to know that it will be supported, so that I can continue playing it as I finish my campaign. I'm running things through the modules, having a great time, and have a module of my own I'm working on for my group.

Eidrog

Postby Eidrog » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:51 pm

USNA Jason Peck wrote:And of course the Emperor has fou...err, two! Two arms! Exactly. All hail the Two-armed Emperor! When He arrives from the stars, our true ascension begins.

:shock:*

*Side note, I was delighted you immeaditly picked up on what I was asking! : )

MitchellTF

Postby MitchellTF » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:04 pm

And now I got it. Also?

Thank you for having a great sense of humor, and clearly being willing to make awareness of things.

USNA Jason Peck

Postby USNA Jason Peck » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:54 am

Hey guys and gals, just a quick update. We had a meeting earlier this week and we're shaping the plan. You can expect something regarding the future from us soon. Stay tuned.
Wrath & Glory Community Manager

Eidrog

Postby Eidrog » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:37 am

Any new news? :)

Timberboar

Postby Timberboar » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:28 am

C'mon guys, it's only been a month and a half. Give them some time!

... wait, it's been a month and a half?

*sigh*

They're making it hard to feel optimistic about the future of this game. Oh well. At least I have my starter set to keep me warm at night.

Return to “Newcomer Introduction and FAQ (W&G)”