Base Game Mechanics?

Arkayne

Base Game Mechanics?

Postby Arkayne » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:52 pm

I understand this may be too soon for discussion yet, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

How close are the base W&G RPG mechanics going to be to the W40K 8e wargame mechanics?

Personally, I really like the idea of taking wargame skirmish mechanics and applying RPG extensions to them (ala Savage Worlds).

Thanks!

HEX the Dark

Re: Base Game Mechanics?

Postby HEX the Dark » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:24 am

I am also interested in the "power level" that you can play.

(I have yet to read the little leaflet or brochure that was released as a teaser).

I mean, can I play a Tau Fire cast warrior? An (Ex)Guardman? An Eldar warrior? A Space Marine? A rouge Ork (hell I wanna play an Ork)? And if so, how am I not totally overpowered? Or are the chars supposed to be more "down to earth"?
Never trust a smiling gamemaster

schoon

Postby schoon » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:52 am

Well, we know from public announcements that the system will be d6 Dice Pool based.

We also know that the basic book will be "broad and inclusive" allowing play at a variety of power levels and with different races/themes.

Beyond that... we'll have to wait.

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:59 pm

From information that I know is public, I also know that Ross has talked a lot about making critical hits and misses a big part of the game. One might interpret that as power level mattering slightly less, because you can potentially see more and larger swings even at the "standard" power level.

Savioronedge

Postby Savioronedge » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:31 pm

I must also point to his statement that TORG Eternity is a major influence, and that game exemplifies the "Little Guys" taking on "Impossible Odds" and winning.

Valyar

Postby Valyar » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:53 am

I am also looking forward for alpha/beta information on the game mechanics. W&G was introduced as game system that will support wide range of play styles and different "factions" from 40k universe, each with dramatically different power levels. I wonder how a Space Marine will be compared to regular guardsman for example. And how they will introduce playing rogue traders or xenos.

Radwraith

Postby Radwraith » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:07 pm

I am curious to know; Will the system allow for conversion to the 40k Ty rules? It might be fun to deploy your character in an actual 40k war zone!

Arkayne

Postby Arkayne » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:15 am

Radwraith wrote:I am curious to know; Will the system allow for conversion to the 40k Ty rules? It might be fun to deploy your character in an actual 40k war zone!

Yah, I'm a fan of these types of ideas, especially for war-based campaign.

Savioronedge

Postby Savioronedge » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:44 pm

If the mechanics do not expressly provide this, it should be fairly easy to extrapolate the 40k stats for any character. They would fit as "Named" or "Special" characters, and therefore probably require consent form your opponent. The hard part would be figuring point values.

Radwraith

Postby Radwraith » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:56 am

Savioronedge wrote:If the mechanics do not expressly provide this, it should be fairly easy to extrapolate the 40k stats for any character. They would fit as "Named" or "Special" characters, and therefore probably require consent form your opponent. The hard part would be figuring point values.

Which is exactly one of the things conversion rules should address. With GW re-releasing Necromunda and the smaller focus of some of their scenarios, I would think the would want to work with US towards this end! 8-)

Return to “Rules Questions (W&G)”