Unheralded Blessings Q&A

User avatar
Hugh Salamando Filth
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:26 am

Re: Unheralded Blessings Q&A

Postby Hugh Salamando Filth » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:38 pm

Thelesis wrote:* Poxwalkers have Initiative 3 and Weapon Skill 5. Should I add them togehter before making an attack or use only Weapon Skill?
In campaign names Box of Sorrows (video on YT on channel Bell of the Lost Souls) Ross Watson used Weapon Skill of 6 for Poxwalkers. So I'm confused on this.

I'd say they have 8 total.
Their default skill levels is 3. Some Attributes of them are 4. So I think it's not their total Attack dice pool.
Didn't watch the vid, but with Default Skill 3 and Initiative 3, a total dice pool of 6 could make sense.

Thelesis wrote:*In the same campaign Mr. Ross used ruin to reroll Poxwalker mob attack roll. I assume it was mistake as Unheralded Blessings states that troops cannot use such ability.

GM arbitrarism. The GM, imo, has always the power to bend the rules. ^^

Thelesis wrote:*And the last one. Still the same campaign. Mr. Ross asked player (Abe as Victoria Linn) to roll toxic resistance roll after successful soak test. Unheralded Blessings states that "A character who is wounded by a weapon with the Toxic trait becomes Poisoned". I assume that Shock is not a wound and this roll is asked by mistake. Am I right?

Didn't watch the vid.
Successful as in all potential wounds soaked?
If so, then again, GM arbitrarism. Or a mistake. ^^

User avatar
BarnOwl
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:17 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Unheralded Blessings Q&A

Postby BarnOwl » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:28 am

I also have some questions to add. I am GM'ing the Blessings Unheralded QuickStart PDF.

---- ---- ---- ----

When fighting af mob, do the PCs count the icons from Exalted Icons that are shifted, when calculating how many enemies are hit?

Full Defence: It says you must spend your entire round, but then it says that your speed is halved. Can you still move half your speed?

Tactical versatility: Is this Tactical Marine ability added to every attack and damage roll?

Stabilized: What happens if you are attacked while stabilized?

Exhausted: ”A character that is exhausted can only perform a basic move action, a regular action, or disengage”: I assume that a basic move is the Standard Movement, but what is a regular action?

Does Kneel Before the Dark Gods affect the PCs automatically, or do I roll? If I roll, then I guess the Intimidate skill would be most appropriate, but the success rate probably won’t be very high in that case, considering his lack of training in that skill.

If it says that you gain ”+Rank” on something and your rank is one, does that mean +1 Icon or +1 Bonus Die?
TYTO ALBA DEUS EST

Thendoctor
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:18 am

Re: Unheralded Blessings Q&A

Postby Thendoctor » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:17 am

Note, I'm not of Ulisses, no one on here that I know of besides Eric is, so take that for what you will.

Thelesis wrote:More questions from me:
* Poxwalkers have Initiative 3 and Weapon Skill 5. Should I add them togehter before making an attack or use only Weapon Skill?
In campaign names Box of Sorrows (video on YT on channel Bell of the Lost Souls) Ross Watson used Weapon Skill of 6 for Poxwalkers. So I'm confused on this.


No, the weapon skill listed separately is what's intended to be their full Weapon Skill. Otherwise their default for any skill is 5. As far as I'm aware of the rules. They want these things to be easy to look at, so they did the math beforehand.

As for Box differences, remember that the dameon and infected of the warp are fickle things in nature...also that they were solidifying rules at the time so likely the published poxwalkers are what you should use, but feasibly there's no reason you can't up the WS to 6 if it tickles your fancy as it were.

Thelesis wrote:*In the same campaign Mr. Ross used ruin to reroll Poxwalker mob attack roll. I assume it was mistake as Unheralded Blessings states that troops cannot use such ability.


See above, they were solidifying rules still so likely that changed as well.

Thelesis wrote:*And the last one. Still the same campaign. Mr. Ross asked player (Abe as Victoria Linn) to roll toxic resistance roll after successful soak test. Unheralded Blessings states that "A character who is wounded by a weapon with the Toxic trait becomes Poisoned". I assume that Shock is not a wound and this roll is asked by mistake. Am I right?

Thanks for answers as they help us to clear away confusion.


You get damaged if you get poisoned, so that's what the shock is eventually for, as far as I ran it and understood from the rules and my above questions on Toxic.

Thendoctor
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:18 am

Re: Unheralded Blessings Q&A

Postby Thendoctor » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:28 am

Note I'm not from Ulisses, only one I know that is from them on here is Eric, so take that for what you will.

BarnOwl wrote:I also have some questions to add. I am GM'ing the Blessings Unheralded QuickStart PDF.

---- ---- ---- ----

When fighting af mob, do the PCs count the icons from Exalted Icons that are shifted, when calculating how many enemies are hit?

Full Defence: It says you must spend your entire round, but then it says that your speed is halved. Can you still move half your speed?

Tactical versatility: Is this Tactical Marine ability added to every attack and damage roll?

Stabilized: What happens if you are attacked while stabilized?

Exhausted: ”A character that is exhausted can only perform a basic move action, a regular action, or disengage”: I assume that a basic move is the Standard Movement, but what is a regular action?

Does Kneel Before the Dark Gods affect the PCs automatically, or do I roll? If I roll, then I guess the Intimidate skill would be most appropriate, but the success rate probably won’t be very high in that case, considering his lack of training in that skill.

If it says that you gain ”+Rank” on something and your rank is one, does that mean +1 Icon or +1 Bonus Die?


Fighting Mobs and Exalted Shifts: As far as I'm aware no, unless it's an exalted icon on a Wrath Die.

Full Defense: You get the free move still as far as I'm aware, as that isn't part of your round, that becomes halved.

Tactical Versatility: Reads that you choose one or the other option, but doesn't specify which types, so it seems that any Attack or Damage roll may get modified.

Stabilized: If you're stabilized you have 1 wound, if you get attacked you see if you get damaged, if you get damaged and don't absorb the damage you go back to dying.

Exhausted: Regular Actions are non specialized combat actions you can do a basic melee or ranged attack, but none of the other things.

Kneel Before the Dark Gods: It's an Interaction Attack based off of whichever of Konigs skills you want to at least as I read it, so you'd use Deception since that's really good on him and have the PCs resist the Deception as per the rules.

+Rank: that is specified on the character sheet when it comes to the ability in question. If you're increasing an attribute then you'd add one to the pool (all the Ranks are 1 on the sheets so that's why I say 1 in this case). If it was about Damage then it states Damage Value, which means the final result after rolling.

User avatar
BarnOwl
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:17 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Unheralded Blessings Q&A

Postby BarnOwl » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:24 am

Thanks for the reply, but I received the following reply from Eric on Facebook.

---- ---- ---- ----

Hi there!
When fighting a mob, you only count the icons in the attack. So if you shift exalted icons to damage, they won't count for the number of enemies hit. Usually, against a mob, it is more advantageous to keep your exalted icons rather than shift them.
Full Defence: Some abilities allow you to move as a free action. Normally you cannot move when doing Full Defence.
Tactical versatility: The Tactical Marine's player has to choose to add the bonus either to attack or damage every round. He doesn't get it for both.
Stabilized: If you suffer damage while at 0 Wounds, even if you are stabilised, you must then make a Defiance check.
Exhausted: A regular action means you could make an attack, manipulate an object, etc. You can't make any simple actions, free actions, or use other combat actions (like aim or multi-attack).
Kneel before the dark gods: This is an interaction attack, so Konig needs to make a test. His best skill for this is his Deception, and he gets a bonus for this thanks to the Unseen.
+Rank: Bonus dice.

-Ross for Ulisses North America
TYTO ALBA DEUS EST

Thendoctor
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:18 am

Re: Unheralded Blessings Q&A

Postby Thendoctor » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:37 am

BarnOwl wrote:Thanks for the reply, but I received the following reply from Eric on Facebook.

---- ---- ---- ----

-Ross for Ulisses North America


Ross and Eric are two different people just so ya know lol.

User avatar
BarnOwl
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:17 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Unheralded Blessings Q&A

Postby BarnOwl » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:29 am

I completely missed the name :? I am used to receiving replies from Eric.
TYTO ALBA DEUS EST

xenoterracide
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:24 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: Unheralded Blessings Q&A

Postby xenoterracide » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:47 am

I just wanted to say that I encountered the issue with the Pox Walkers as well. I couldn't figure out why they couldn't seem to do any damage to the Space Marine, turns out It's in part because I only had them rolling 5 dice, not 8.

xenoterracide
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:24 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: Unheralded Blessings Q&A

Postby xenoterracide » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:08 am

When "investigating" how many bullet points should the GM give out at a time? 1 per test? 1 per die? presuming they're using roll play to figure out what to do, or should there be a roll to figure out where to look?

HenriHakl
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:57 pm

Re: Unheralded Blessings Q&A

Postby HenriHakl » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:54 am

That is left to the GMs discretion - I think a good guideline (note: my opinion) is that for a given scene you'd want two or three checks (but not more). If a check yields an exalted shift for additional information, then one or two checks is sufficient.


Return to “Rules Questions (W&G)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests