Blessings Unheralded ending fight

Yuven

Blessings Unheralded ending fight

Postby Yuven » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:07 pm

If you are not planing to GM Blessings Unheralded or you are going to play the mission, I would recommend turning away now

So since I have finally gotten hold of the Blessings Unheralded booklet, I am going to GM the mission for my enthusiastic friends who have been waiting for this game since it was announced ~1 year ago.
So I get that this is an introductory mission to make people understand the system, the setting and maybe even roleplaying in general. And I have heard that the last combat might be a smidge too easy for a group with an Astartes, and maybe even a Sororitas. Therefore I was wondering about adding a few Plaguebearers. And my question to you guys is: how many is too many? Since I havent really gotten to get a feel for the powerlevels in this game yet, I must yield to people who have. I like giving my players a hard fought battle, but not a battle where they do not feel like they are hitting a brick wall as Nurgle has a tendency to become. My group is very experienced with roleplaying games, and can probably handle challenges over the norm.

Thank you for your time :)

Hugh Salamando Filth

Re: Blessings Unheralded ending fight

Postby Hugh Salamando Filth » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:58 pm

I had four players, and removed the Marine and the Sister from the selections.
Fights were still way too easy.
Which is fine, because BU is just an introduction to the system.

If you have at least either the Sister or the Marine, then 5+ Plaguebearers are fine, I think.
Also a nice idea from the tabletop is how Mobs "could" work.
Have one Plaguebearer lead a Mob of 2-3 Pox Walkers. Have the PCs roll against the stats of the PB, but relay wounds to the PWs.
This significantly increases the difficulty.

For this fight, the closer you manage to place the team towards the fight, the easier it gets for Konig and his minions.
My team started the fight from well 40m+.
Good decisions, rolls, etc.
15 Poxwalkers had no chance. I even cheated and had Konig's Ruin Action range over the entire combat zone.
Would've been too easy, otherwise.

Also, because there was no real explanation what happens when fear rolls are failed, I had the PC lose their Combat Action.
(Lazy GMing here. ^^)
(Btw, just rolling on Resolve is odd. Because for example the Sister has only 3 or 4 dice versus a 3DN fear check, but has all the gear and weapons to simply not care what's moving towards her — extremely slowly.)

Yuven

Postby Yuven » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:14 pm

I ran the game earlier today and had a blast. While the adventure itself is quite simple, and the combat was a tad too easy for the group, we had fun figuring out the system.
The end Fight started off from 50m and included 2 plaguebearers, and 50 poxwalkers divided into 4 groups. (most of the poxwalkers were killed off cinematicly after the main threats were gone to keep it fun). The Plaguebearers were ridiculously tanky, and their free soak was extreme. They never really got into melee though as one of the players got to shift 3 exalted icons in an interruption attack, and utilized the "players decision" and made them drop their swords (something I might not allow later on daemons due to the swords being part of them). I think I did a grand total of 3 unsaved wounds on my party the entire session :P

I was really looking forward to using those ridiculous plagueswords with toxic 7.
A question about the toxic quality. Does the damage ignore toughness and armour? I would personally not allow armour to soak this damage, but even with only the toughness soak, the poxwalkers would never get to damage anyone with their toxic quality.

Hugh Salamando Filth

Postby Hugh Salamando Filth » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:28 pm

Yuven wrote:I was really looking forward to using those ridiculous plagueswords with toxic 7.
A question about the toxic quality. Does the damage ignore toughness and armour? I would personally not allow armour to soak this damage, but even with only the toughness soak, the poxwalkers would never get to damage anyone with their toxic quality.

Poison can't be soaked. Only resisted.
Once wounded with a toxic weapon, the PC is poisoned, and then has to make a Toughness check (not a soak) to resist the poison.
If the check fails, X wounds are suffered (in this case 7 which can't be soaked).
The initial wounds that carry the poison can be soaked to prevent the poison to enter the system.

Also, I don't think they're ridiculous. Plaguebearers are daemons and should be dangerous and deadly.
Also, 11+1ED Damage Rating, buffed by some Exalted Icons, should exceed most PC's Resilience.

Yuven

Postby Yuven » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:46 pm

Ridiculous in a good way ;)

Return to “Rules Questions (W&G)”