Imperium Nihilus Campaign

schoon

Imperium Nihilus Campaign

Postby schoon » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:23 pm

It seems clear from various interviews that the Imperium Nihilus campaign books will be the first out the gate after the core book release.

With that in mind, where will you set your first campaign of Wrath & Glory?

As cliche as it may be, I think the "Ragtag band encountering challenges as they make their way back to the other side of the Cicatrix Maledictum" sounds like a fun way to go. It allows for pretty much any type of character to be working with any other type of character, and as a GM, you can either sandbox it or create almost any style adventure you (or your group) like.

I think that's going to work for me and my ragtag band of players.

BarnOwl

Re: Imperium Nihilus Campaign

Postby BarnOwl » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:59 am

Hope I'm not too much of a Thread-Necro by replying to this, but I just recently joined the forum and has been looking through the threads to get an idea of the current forum content. I found this one interesting and decided to share my thoughts/ideas on the subject.

When I run campaigns, I usually meet with the group for character creation without having much of anything concerning plot planned out in advance. After character creation, the group talks about wishes/ideas for adventure content and how the group fits together. Then I plan a campaign from that material.

But I do have some specific ideas for Warhammer 40k that I've wanted to try out for some years. For my first game, I'll probably use the Starter Box Set and/or Introductory Adventure in the Core Rulebook, if it has one. After we've gotten some insight into the system, I might try out some of my ideas. Some of them are specific to a time period in the universe, but according to my understanding of the Wrath and Glory game, it shouldn't be too difficult to place a campaign before the 13th Black Crusade. Here are the Imperium-specific ideas, since this is an Imperium Nihilus thread:
- They are all members of a hive gang.
- They are one or more inquisitors and his/her/their retinue(s).
- They play Custodes during the Blood Games (on one side or the other).
- They are all Sororitas.
- They are all Skitarii.
- They are all members of a Titan crew.
- They are all Primaris marines (come on, who doesn't want to try that out 8-) )
- Badab War (For a chance to play loyalist space marines vs. relatively loyalist space marines (at least non-Chaos))
- PCs are all members of the first company command squad of the Angels Sanguine chapter. For those of you who don't know, the Angels Sanguine are descendants of the Blood Angels, but they have a defect that renders them terrible to look upon; a fact they have managed to keep secret so far. The campaign will follow the PCs as they slowly uncover why the chapter suffers from the defect and how it might be cured, at a terrible price :twisted:
- Great Crusade campaign. I also think it would be cool to run a few sessions where the PCs play Primarchs. It might getting boring in the long run, being so powerful, but I think it would be a blast for a few sessions.

I'm not sure if (and how much) I got off topic on this one, but those a some of my ideas/plans at the moment.

Return to “Setting Discussion (W&G)”