Comic

BarnOwl

Comic

Postby BarnOwl » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:00 pm

Welcome fellow forumers, to the topic of the Wrath and Glory comic :D

I wanted to create a topic where people can share their thoughts on the comic.

I'll kick it off with some theories, not about the plot or other "in-game" aspects, but more about the comic itself. According to my knowledge, we do not know the page count of the comic yet, but I do believe they might publish it at some point, and I see two possibilities in the near future. They could publish it as a Free RPG Day item, as a way for people to get some insight about the game and mechanics while enjoying a good comic (Like the Faith RPG did), and/or they could publish it as part of the starter set, as a smooth and captivating rules/fluff/atmosphere intro.

What do you think. It could be feedback on my theories, some of your own theories, or just your thoughts and opinions on plot/characters/artwork etc.
TYTO ALBA DEUS EST

OGIHR

Re: Comic

Postby OGIHR » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:36 pm

My expectation is that the completed comic will be included in (or more disappointingly, as) the free quickstart guide for Free RPG day, and then later included in either an issue of White Dwarf or the completed game, by an editor with fond memories of how White Wolf Game Studio used to have intro comics in their books.

But I could easily be wrong.
On a quest for galactic peace. One screaming guardsman at a time.

BarnOwl

Postby BarnOwl » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:28 am

Hopefully, it will be as part of the Free RPG Day quickstart, instead of it being the quickstart. For me – and according to my experience – a quickstart is like a video game demo, giving you the minimum info you need to try the game (scenario, pregens and rules necessary for scenario), so I would be surprised if they published the comic and called it a quickstart. I would be fine with receiving the comic instead of a quickstart for Free RPG Day, but the term quickstart in that regard would confuse me.

I didn’t know about the White Wolf comics. Sounds interesting. I’ll be sure to see if I can find an issue or two lying around and check it out.
TYTO ALBA DEUS EST

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:09 am

The rules of Free RPG Day make it impossible that our product will consist entirely of the comic and unlikely that it will include the comic as a large percentage.

We are required to include at least 50% never-before-released material if it is usable as a standalone rpg product (like a Quick Start) and 100% new material if it doesn't include basic rules or sample characters (like a bestiary or adventure).

If we were planning to use the comic as our Free RPG Day product, we definitely wouldn't be showing it to you now. :)

BarnOwl

Postby BarnOwl » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:09 pm

Thanks for the update.

I didn't know about the Free RPG Day requirements. Guess you learn something new every day :D
TYTO ALBA DEUS EST

OGIHR

Postby OGIHR » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:39 pm

[quote="BarnOwl"]I didn’t know about the White Wolf comics. Sounds interesting. I’ll be sure to see if I can find an issue or two lying around and check it out.[/quote]
Perhaps I misspoke; back when I played the various White Wolf games, most of their books in the Werewolf line, and a few in the Mage line, included a short story in comics form before the first chapter, as an introduction to the themes of the book in question. Hopefully that clears up my intended meaning.
On a quest for galactic peace. One screaming guardsman at a time.

BarnOwl

Postby BarnOwl » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:27 am

I just re-read your post. Seems like I was the one who misread it. Thanks for the clarification :)
TYTO ALBA DEUS EST

MitchellTF

Postby MitchellTF » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:13 pm

I myself wouldn't be averse to having the comic be in the book...it's a good way to get people in the mindset.

I'm glad that Wrath only rerolls failures. I like having CONSISTENT damage. System looks fun and workable! Moreso then the percentage system that had loyalists complaining.

BarnOwl

Postby BarnOwl » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:56 am

Ross Watson also said in a recent interview that the comic will be included in the Beginner Box.

Source (Go to 1:51:20, though he says it at 1:52:50): http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/9/3/7/93722cb ... 60c1f7ef60
TYTO ALBA DEUS EST

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (W&G)”