May newsletter!

Yuven

May newsletter!

Postby Yuven » Wed May 23, 2018 2:41 pm

Wrath & Glory - May 2018
Hello Subscribers!

We held this month's newsletter until now so that we could give you this amazing first look. Enjoy!

Your Guide to the Wrath & Glory Pre-Sale

The pre-sale for Wrath & Glory: Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay is almost here! We know that you’re excited to find out all about our plans, and we are thrilled to share them with you!

First, let’s talk about a few key products. The most important one is certainly the Wrath & Glory Core Rules.
This book has over 400 pages and acts as your complete rules reference for Wrath & Glory. It includes extensive character creation options, gamemastering advice, and so much more!

The Wrath & Glory Core Rules are the perfect way to get into the game!
Wrath & Glory: Dark Tides is the first full adventure module in the Wrath & Glory line!

The ocean world of Charybdion seethes with discontent and a growing sense of danger. Charybdion’s planetary governor has gone missing, and his councilors struggle to select a suitable heir. Meanwhile, mysterious murders, nightmares, and other dangers threaten to cast this planet into anarchy and despair.

Dark Tides is an anthology of five linked adventures that bring your heroes face-to-face with the dangerous villains responsible for Charybdion’s troubles. Can your heroes confront the vile forces spreading insanity and corruption? The fate of this planet is in your characters’ hands—if they can survive what lurks beneath the dark tides.

These are two of the most important products in the pre-sale, but there’s plenty more to see! We’ll be examining more of the individual products throughout the pre-sale itself. Meanwhile, let’s take a quick look at the full list…

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pre-Sale Bundles

We have set up two bundles for you to make your pre-sale experience as easy as possible.

Player Bundle – $100
Core Rules (Hardcover/Deluxe/Limited)
Talents and Psychic Powers Card Pack
Gear Card Pack
5 Dice (4 black, 1 red)

This bundle is the perfect set of products to get you started as a player.

All-In Bundle – $275
Core Rulebook (Hardcover/Deluxe/Limited)
Dark Tides
GM Screen
Wrath Deck
Campaign Card Deck
Perils of the Warp Card Deck
Combat Complications Card Deck
Talents and Psychic Powers Card Pack
Gear Card Pack
Wrath & Glory Digital Soundtrack
3 Double-Sided Battle Maps (1 large, 2 medium)
Beginner’s Rulebook and a new Starter Adventure (separate from Blessings Unheralded)
6 Pre-Generated Characters on Deluxe Character Sheets
Acrylic Tokens for Characters, Enemies, and NPCs
10 Dice (9 black, 1 red)
Exclusive Collectors Box

For those who want it all, this is everything we have for the initial launch of Wrath & Glory. In addition to those products already mentioned, this bundle includes the GM Screen, Battle Maps, acrylic tokens, and Soundtrack to help you set the stage for your game. It also includes four card decks that the Gamemaster can use to generate excitement and story at the table: the Wrath Deck, the Campaign Card Deck, the Perils of the Warp Card Deck, and the Combat Complications Card Deck.

Bonus Material

In addition to being great bargains all by themselves, the Bundles are your key to amazing bonus material that we will include with your order at no additional charge!

Each week during the pre-sale, we’ll reveal another item that will be included with every order! These might be digital supplements with new game material, physical items added to your order, and more!

And the great thing is that you don’t have to do anything – no matter which bundle you choose or when you order, you will get all the bonus material! We simply want to take some time to talk about each of these amazing items, so we’re going to spread them out and reveal them as we go.

Pre-Sale Launch Date

At this point, we hope you’re eager to find out when you can start ordering. The presale is scheduled to launch on Friday, June 1st. We’ll post links on all our social media at 10:00am Central (UTC-5).

See you then!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So obviously I am not the one who made this newsletter, I just wanted to discuss it.
I have been waiting for this for what feels like an eternity, and cannot wait to get my hands on the all in bundle asap!
What site will sell it?
Ill have to set up an alarm so I am ready 10:00. I am guessing UTC -5 is german time which suits me well! :D

Tequ

Re: May newsletter!

Postby Tequ » Thu May 24, 2018 12:16 am

Great news! But what will the shipping costs be? 275$ + shipping to EU (where I live) can be too pricey.

BarnOwl

Postby BarnOwl » Thu May 24, 2018 12:33 am

I second that question. Shipping to Denmark can be quite pricey. I also have two questions of my own. I believe the staff/developers will find this thread, so might as well collect the questions here.

In the description of the Player Bundle and All-in Bundle, it is mentioned that you can choose between hardcover, deluxe and limited edition Core Rulebook. Is the limited edition limited in that it is only available during pre-order, or does it mean that there is only a limited number of them when pre-order begins and it is first-come-first-serve?
And what about the deluxe? Is that only available during pre-order or will it also be available afterwards?

Will the Bonus Material also be available after release, or are those items only available through pre-order?

Several card packs are mentioned in the bundles. It was mentioned in the d6 Generation podcast that at least some of the card content would be included in the Core Rulebook as tables. Will the rules and content of all the cards in the bundles be in the Core Rulebook, or is some content available only through the card decks?
TYTO ALBA DEUS EST

Yuven

Postby Yuven » Thu May 24, 2018 8:21 am

I also wonder about the size of the cards. I will most probably sleeve them asap. It would be wonderful if I could use the same sleeves I use for Magic the Gathering

olsch

Postby olsch » Thu May 24, 2018 10:07 am

I would really like to know if the shipping will be EU friendly?

Flash

Postby Flash » Thu May 24, 2018 6:07 pm

Well given that Ulisses is a German based company my guess would be that US buyers should be more concerned with shipping costs then European ones... :lol:

Tequ

Postby Tequ » Fri May 25, 2018 2:17 am

Flash wrote:Well given that Ulisses is a German based company my guess would be that US buyers should be more concerned with shipping costs then European ones... :lol:

Well, if it was this simple.
Ulises Spiele - by that you mean Die Ulisses Medien & Spiel Distribution GmbH is a German company, and they are the owner of most (or all) of the shares of the Ulisses North America, LLC in Las Vegas, NV, which in turn are the creators of Wrath&Glory.
Even if the books are printed in Europe (FFG in turn printed nearly all of their books in China), they have to be shipped to the US (GENCON – right?). If the only entity doing the presale of Wrath&GLory will be Ulisses North America it could mean that all of the books (and other stuff) will be shipped from the US after their arrival in America.
If I would order products from the shop from the Ulisses North America webpage with shipping to Europe I would have to pay a lot for the transport (I’ve checked the options).
Now there was an item similar to the presale box in kickstarter for TORG - the TORG Delphi Council Cargo Box - and "the Cargo Box weighs in at 16 pounds (7.26 kg)". And that can be up to 200$ just for the transport (large, heavy box, airmail) out of US to EU countries.
So I would hope that there will be a way for the Wrath&Glory presale products to be shipped cheaper out of the US (EU friendly transport as they say) or for the products to be shipped out of Germany, for those of us living on the "Old Continent" (maybe using Ulisseses https://www.f-shop.de/ ?).
I love 40k and RPGs and would very much like to be part of the presale but there are limits to how much I’m willing to pay extra just for shipping. Since this is my only concern I would like to know the price of shipping (or an estimate of it) before the presale starts.

Yuven

Postby Yuven » Fri May 25, 2018 5:33 am

I really hope the shipping is either included in the 275 box, or atleast pretty low. I do not want to pay almost $500 for it :|

Flash

Postby Flash » Fri May 25, 2018 8:05 am

Tequ wrote:
Well, if it was this simple.
Ulises Spiele - by that you mean Die Ulisses Medien & Spiel Distribution GmbH is a German company, and they are the owner of most (or all) of the shares of the Ulisses North America, LLC in Las Vegas, NV, which in turn are the creators of Wrath&Glory.
Even if the books are printed in Europe (FFG in turn printed nearly all of their books in China), they have to be shipped to the US (GENCON – right?). If the only entity doing the presale of Wrath&GLory will be Ulisses North America it could mean that all of the books (and other stuff) will be shipped from the US after their arrival in America.
If I would order products from the shop from the Ulisses North America webpage with shipping to Europe I would have to pay a lot for the transport (I’ve checked the options).
Now there was an item similar to the presale box in kickstarter for TORG - the TORG Delphi Council Cargo Box - and "the Cargo Box weighs in at 16 pounds (7.26 kg)". And that can be up to 200$ just for the transport (large, heavy box, airmail) out of US to EU countries.
So I would hope that there will be a way for the Wrath&Glory presale products to be shipped cheaper out of the US (EU friendly transport as they say) or for the products to be shipped out of Germany, for those of us living on the "Old Continent" (maybe using Ulisseses https://www.f-shop.de/ ?).
I love 40k and RPGs and would very much like to be part of the presale but there are limits to how much I’m willing to pay extra just for shipping. Since this is my only concern I would like to know the price of shipping (or an estimate of it) before the presale starts.

I guess you are not very familiar with Ulisses. The scenario above would only happen if they suddenly become terminally incompetent when it comes to business.

Ulisses North America so far has done seven English language kickstarters (Ulisses Germany has done way more on other platforms) and all of them have been US and EU friendly when it comes to shipping. Most of the time the EU backers got their stuff weeks before the US got theirs.
You can buy all their English language TDE and Torg products of for example on amazon.de, amazon.fr or amazon.co.uk with standard shipping.

Why should Wrath and Glory suddenly be different ? Is is a licences for a game done by a UK based miniature company. GW wouldn't give them the licence if they wouldn't be able to produce a game that someone in the UK could buy for a reasonable price. Also how many RPG companies do you know that have a base on two different continents ? They won't throw that advantage away.

Based on my previous experience I dare to say that you actually will have a easier time for getting their stuff when you live in the EU.

Tequ

Postby Tequ » Fri May 25, 2018 9:31 am

Flash wrote:I guess you are not very familiar with Ulisses. The scenario above would only happen if they suddenly become terminally incompetent when it comes to business.

Ulisses North America so far has done seven English language kickstarters (Ulisses Germany has done way more on other platforms) and all of them have been US and EU friendly when it comes to shipping. Most of the time the EU backers got their stuff weeks before the US got theirs.
You can buy all their English language TDE and Torg products of for example on amazon.de, amazon.fr or amazon.co.uk with standard shipping.

Why should Wrath and Glory suddenly be different ? Is is a licences for a game done by a UK based miniature company. GW wouldn't give them the licence if they wouldn't be able to produce a game that someone in the UK could buy for a reasonable price. Also how many RPG companies do you know that have a base on two different continents ? They won't throw that advantage away.

Based on my previous experience I dare to say that you actually will have a easier time for getting their stuff when you live in the EU.

You are right. I'm not familiar with Ulisses business as I have never played Das Schwarze Auge. A friend of mine has all the TORG supplements from the kickstarter but in pdfs (so I did not hear about their shipping). I usually back a dozen kickstarters a year and have lots of experience with shipping problems so I try to prepare for the worst ;P

Thanks for the comment, I'm somewhat relieved now and awaiting the presale info on the 1st of June.

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (W&G)”