May newsletter!

Eric USNA

Re: May newsletter!

Postby Eric USNA » Fri May 25, 2018 12:16 pm

Okay folks, answer time!

I have just posted the expanded, public version of the announcement here:
https://www.ulisses-us.com/your-guide-t ... -pre-sale/

So please make sure you read that before you ask new questions In particular, the Deluxe and Limited information is in the new update. In the meantime, I'm going to hit a bunch of the questions you've been asking so far.

Shipping
Shipping is not included in the price. This is a big box, and we cannot (for instance) cover the approximately $40-$60 cost to ship to Asia. However, we have two shipping centers (in Germany and the US) plus shipping partners in Asia and Australia. The closer you are to a shipping center, the cheaper it will be. (Apologies to Africa, South America, and the Middle East, as we do not yet have partners in those regions.) If you participated in either of the Torg Eternity Kickstarters, you will know about what the "big box" shipping will be for your area.

Cards
We print these in Euro Poker size (63mm x 88mm). And yes, it is possible to play the game without the cards. Everything you need is in the Core Rules. The card decks simply enhance play and make things easier on both the GM and the players (less looking up on tables). The Wrath Deck and the Campaign Card Deck offer probably the most significant improvements to the play experience.

Ready for more when you have them!

Flash

Postby Flash » Fri May 25, 2018 12:36 pm

Eric USNA wrote:Ready for more when you have them!

Oh I have one:

Are these two bundles the only options for buying or are these just pre packed for convenience with a slight discount while I still can pick and order any item individually ?

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Fri May 25, 2018 12:44 pm

For this pre-sale, these are the only options. Logistically, it's just how we have to do it. Also, it makes it easier for us to give everyone the extra bonus material.

Flash

Postby Flash » Fri May 25, 2018 12:51 pm

Oh a fast answer. :lol:

Then I will use the opportunity to ask another one:

Is only the box exclusive in that pre order sale or will there be other stuff that I can't order after that ?

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Fri May 25, 2018 12:54 pm

I can't promise that the Limited Editions will be available forever, at least not in the first incarnation. Otherwise, everything will be directly available or part of a future product - including the bonus content.

Tequ

Postby Tequ » Sat May 26, 2018 2:05 am

Eric USNA wrote:Okay folks, answer time!

Fantastic Eric, thank you very much, all the answers I wanted :)

Yuven

Postby Yuven » Sat May 26, 2018 9:37 am

I am guessing the place to order the boxes is at https://www.ulisses-us.com/shop/
Is this true for shipping within europe too?

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Sun May 27, 2018 9:39 am

Yuven wrote:I am guessing the place to order the boxes is at https://www.ulisses-us.com/shop/
Is this true for shipping within europe too?

You will see them there when it launches, but we will also be launching a specific pre-order page.

Also, please note that while we normally use USPS for individual orders, we will have special table rates for fulfilling these preorders that will be much cheaper (and more local).

Yuven

Postby Yuven » Sun May 27, 2018 4:48 pm

I have a question about the deluxe and limited book editions. From the sound of it, the limited book will be... well.. limited. Will it be more limited than the deluxe edition? how many prints will there be of each of those books?

Thank you very much for the answers you have given thus far, I really appreciate it!

BarnOwl

Postby BarnOwl » Mon May 28, 2018 3:55 pm

Hi Eric (or any other employee)

Thanks for the quick replies.

You say 'it is possible to play the game without the cards. Everything you need is in the Core Rules.' Do the cards "only" contain information reprinted from the Core Rulebook, or do any of the card decks contain information that can only be found on the cards? I understand the part where you say that all the necessary information is in the Core Rulebook, but do any of the cards contain extra material not included in the Core Rulebook?

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (W&G)”