The Scriptorium has launched!

Eric USNA

The Scriptorium has launched!

Postby Eric USNA » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:58 pm

Here's the main blog post with lots of important starting information:
http://www.ulisses-us.com/introducing-t ... aventuris/

I'm looking forward to seeing what you folks come up with!

HEX the Dark

Re: The Scriptorium has launched!

Postby HEX the Dark » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:57 pm

Will he english publications be availabe through the german scriptorium and vice versa?
Or are they two completely seperated things?
Never trust a smiling gamemaster

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:43 pm

I'm not entirely sure how the sorting works for searches, as I haven't been able to find a good clear search that just shows the German products. (When you go to the Scriptorium, it specifically filters for products filed under the English version.) However, all the products are there in the "Community Content" section. So you can keep scrolling in the "Hottest Titles" search until you see them all. You can do this either on DriveThruRPG or on the Ulisses PDF store, since they both point to the same set of products.

I have offered this space for advertising and discussion partially because there is no clear categorization or organization within the Scriptorium.

Xathos

Postby Xathos » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:41 am

The problem for me is that I can't get it to download from Drive-Thru RPG. Neither the Layout Building or the 12 Gods will download. I did get the other one. This is the first time I've had a problem with them on anything.

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:15 am

I will say that they're very large, so it will take some time. Do you have Dropbox? Can you try sending them to Dropbox instead of a direct download?

tempest13

Postby tempest13 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:13 am

Actually Drivethrurpg is reporting the files not found. This appears to be a issue with the upload not appearing in the correct location or an error with the initial upload from ulisses.

HEX the Dark

Postby HEX the Dark » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:55 am

I had a similar problem when uploading mine.
If you upload a file and then change the name with the field given by drive through-rpg, it somehow messes up the database entry.
Could bet hat this happened here, too, with someone uploading the "german-named" file and entering the english name.

Eric USNA wrote:I'm not entirely sure how the sorting works for searches, as I haven't been able to find a good clear search that just shows the German products. (When you go to the Scriptorium, it specifically filters for products filed under the English version.) However, all the products are there in the "Community Content" section. So you can keep scrolling in the "Hottest Titles" search until you see them all. You can do this either on DriveThruRPG or on the Ulisses PDF store, since they both point to the same set of products.

Very nice. I am really curious to see what the english community will produce.

Eric USNA wrote:I have offered this space for advertising and discussion partially because there is no clear categorization or organization within the Scriptorium.

So it's okay if we open a topic here and advertise our products? Or at least notify people about them?

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:03 pm

Tempest, can you clarify which product you're trying to download? Also, for both of you - try clearing your browser cache. Sometimes when a file or product image is updated on DriveThru, that helps to make sure you're getting the new version. The files SHOULD be fine - I've tested them. But if there's something happening for you I can bring in DriveThru for troubleshooting.

HEX, it looks like the German store is the best way to get a German-focused product search:
http://www.ulisses-ebooks.de/cc/7/scriptoriumaventuris

DriveThru's search favors the English Scriptorium, so that's where we're directing people for now. Again, all the products will appear in both places, since it's all powered by OneBookshelf.

And yes, you may feel free to create a discussion thread for your product. One thread per product please!

HEX the Dark

Postby HEX the Dark » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:09 pm

Eric USNA wrote:
HEX, it looks like the German store is the best way to get a German-focused product search:
http://www.ulisses-ebooks.de/cc/7/scriptoriumaventuris

DriveThru's search favors the English Scriptorium, so that's where we're directing people for now. Again, all the products will appear in both places, since it's all powered by OneBookshelf.

I am more interested the other way round. I am using the german scriptorium and was curious to know if the english material will pop up there, too.
So far it doesn't look like it, though, at least the bundles aren't showing up. Though I might not have found the right place to look up yet.

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:25 pm

They're there:
http://www.ulisses-ebooks.de/product/20 ... ilding-Kit
http://www.ulisses-ebooks.de/product/20 ... ons-Bundle
http://www.ulisses-ebooks.de/product/20 ... ods-Bundle

I would expect that all English-language community products will also be on there once people start making them.

Return to “Scriptorium Aventuris”