Novel - The Fiery Five

User avatar
dungeoneer
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:46 am

Novel - The Fiery Five

Postby dungeoneer » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:50 am

I have just published my novel called "The Fiery Five" to DriveThruRpg (Scriptorium Aventuris):

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/247 ... Fiery-Five


Image

Matsak
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:58 am

Re: Novel - The Fiery Five

Postby Matsak » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:33 am

Nice novel! Thank you for sharing!











____________________________________________________________________
Who would venture upon the journey of life, if compelled to begin it at the end?
All the best,Matsak Diceus

User avatar
Morgoth Feuerklinge
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:57 am
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Contact:

Re: Novel - The Fiery Five

Postby Morgoth Feuerklinge » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:24 am

actually I only collect the official novels, but I will get and read this novel in time.
Please excuse my bad English, I'm a beginner.

TDE since: 1998
Current TDE rule set: 4.1
Played adventures: 55

AnonymousWizard
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:39 pm

Re: Novel - The Fiery Five

Postby AnonymousWizard » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:58 pm

Is it possible to get this in an ereader-compatible format (or at least permission to convert it)? Because this looks like the kind of novel I might enjoy reading on the way to work, but I use my Kindle almost exclusively these days so a pdf is pretty useless for me.

User avatar
dungeoneer
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:46 am

Re: Novel - The Fiery Five

Postby dungeoneer » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:46 am

Hi AnnonymousWizard,

First of all, thank you for your interest in my novel.
I have asked Ulisses Spiele what is possible/allowed with both offering the novel in a different format as well as whether or not a bought PDF version can be converted by the buyer and uploaded to his Kindle storage in the Amazon cloud.

Generally when you convert a Document format like PDF to ePub/MoBi you won't get the graphical elements in the e-reader format.
At least that is my personal experience when I use a tool like Calibre for example.

I'll get back to you as soon as I have the answers.

Kind regards,

Alex

User avatar
dungeoneer
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:46 am

Re: Novel - The Fiery Five

Postby dungeoneer » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:48 am

Matsak wrote:Nice novel! Thank you for sharing!

Hi Matsak,

You're welcome. Hope you enjoy the story.

Kind regards,

Alex











____________________________________________________________________
Who would venture upon the journey of life, if compelled to begin it at the end?
All the best,Matsak Diceus

AnonymousWizard
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:39 pm

Re: Novel - The Fiery Five

Postby AnonymousWizard » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:03 am

dungeoneer wrote:Hi AnnonymousWizard,

First of all, thank you for your interest in my novel.
I have asked Ulisses Spiele what is possible/allowed with both offering the novel in a different format as well as whether or not a bought PDF version can be converted by the buyer and uploaded to his Kindle storage in the Amazon cloud.

Generally when you convert a Document format like PDF to ePub/MoBi you won't get the graphical elements in the e-reader format.
At least that is my personal experience when I use a tool like Calibre for example.

I'll get back to you as soon as I have the answers.

Kind regards,

Alex


Just to clarify I don't need it in cloud storage, it's a simple process to just plonk it in the Kindle's library manually (I went through a period of reading a lot of Creative Commons books). Kind of just more asking if explicit permission can be given, because IIRC it's technically breaking copyright.

User avatar
dungeoneer
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:46 am

Re: Novel - The Fiery Five

Postby dungeoneer » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:50 am

AnonymousWizard wrote:
dungeoneer wrote:Hi AnnonymousWizard,

First of all, thank you for your interest in my novel.
I have asked Ulisses Spiele what is possible/allowed with both offering the novel in a different format as well as whether or not a bought PDF version can be converted by the buyer and uploaded to his Kindle storage in the Amazon cloud.

Generally when you convert a Document format like PDF to ePub/MoBi you won't get the graphical elements in the e-reader format.
At least that is my personal experience when I use a tool like Calibre for example.

I'll get back to you as soon as I have the answers.

Kind regards,

Alex


Just to clarify I don't need it in cloud storage, it's a simple process to just plonk it in the Kindle's library manually (I went through a period of reading a lot of Creative Commons books). Kind of just more asking if explicit permission can be given, because IIRC it's technically breaking copyright.


Thank you for the extra clarification. I have rephrased my question in an email to Ulisses Spiele (with what you have clarified) and am awaiting their response. I will let you know as soon as I have an official answer from Ulisses.

Kind regards,

Alex

User avatar
HEX the Dark
Posts: 368
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:43 am

Re: Novel - The Fiery Five

Postby HEX the Dark » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:06 pm

You can offer several files as one purchase, so you could convert it to epub and load it up along the pdf.
Never trust a smiling gamemaster

User avatar
dungeoneer
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:46 am

Re: Novel - The Fiery Five

Postby dungeoneer » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:44 am

dungeoneer wrote:
AnonymousWizard wrote:
dungeoneer wrote:Hi AnnonymousWizard,

First of all, thank you for your interest in my novel.
I have asked Ulisses Spiele what is possible/allowed with both offering the novel in a different format as well as whether or not a bought PDF version can be converted by the buyer and uploaded to his Kindle storage in the Amazon cloud.

Generally when you convert a Document format like PDF to ePub/MoBi you won't get the graphical elements in the e-reader format.
At least that is my personal experience when I use a tool like Calibre for example.

I'll get back to you as soon as I have the answers.

Kind regards,

Alex


Just to clarify I don't need it in cloud storage, it's a simple process to just plonk it in the Kindle's library manually (I went through a period of reading a lot of Creative Commons books). Kind of just more asking if explicit permission can be given, because IIRC it's technically breaking copyright.


Thank you for the extra clarification. I have rephrased my question in an email to Ulisses Spiele (with what you have clarified) and am awaiting their response. I will let you know as soon as I have an official answer from Ulisses.

Kind regards,

Alex



Hi AnonymousWizard,

I have checked with Ulisses Spiele and you (as the purchaser of my novel in PDF format) are allowed to convert to MoBi (or ePub) and upload the converted to your kindle for personal usage only.
I have not planned to convert my PDF yet and offer it as a second format of my novel (as Eric descibes in another reply to this post).

Best regards,

Alex


Return to “Scriptorium Aventuris”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests