TORG Eternity at New Hamsphire OGC

ProfessorK

TORG Eternity at New Hamsphire OGC

Postby ProfessorK » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:21 pm

I'll be running two 1 act sessions. Either the FreeRPG Day preview, Day one scenarios, or both depending on whats available by then.

http://opengamingconvention.com/ogc/

ProfessorK

Re: TORG Eternity at New Hamsphire OGC

Postby ProfessorK » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:34 pm

TorgEOGCPoster.png
TorgEOGCPoster.png (449.29 KiB) Viewed 393 times

ProfessorK

Postby ProfessorK » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:48 pm

So.... this is next week and I'm playing up the "INVASION: Day One" theme. Which turns out to be a bit problematic since we don't have th day one adventures yet.

Is there ANY chance I could get ahold of a beta PDF of one of them to run? If not, I'll have to write my own. I can do that, but I think it would be more fun to introduce people to the game with an official adventure...

ProfessorK

Postby ProfessorK » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:34 am

Okay I bit the bullet and am going to write my own day one set in the bronx zoo.

Should be a whole lot of fun :D

ProfessorK

Postby ProfessorK » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:18 pm

Original module for OGC: A Day at the Zoo.

It started out just like any other slow mid-week day at the Bronx Zoo. Then the storms came, and with them the raiders. Your life as you knew it, is over.

JohnK

Postby JohnK » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:21 pm

Hullo, ProfessorK,

ProfessorK wrote:Original module for OGC: A Day at the Zoo.

It started out just like any other slow mid-week day at the Bronx Zoo. Then the storms came, and with them the raiders. Your life as you knew it, is over.

Sounds like an interesting, quite nice premise for a scenario to open up Torg: Eternity with. How many hours do you envision this running for?

I look forward to hearing how this went.
=====
"They're High Lords, for God's sake! You can't just walk up to one and say, "How you doing? Feel like dying now?" you know!" - Abraham Horowitz, priest

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

ProfessorK

Postby ProfessorK » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:00 pm

Its a 4 hour slor, including teaching system. I've done beginner oTorg runs. In the past explainaing the background has taken about an hour. Should be less this time because I don't have to go over the whole situation and all the cosms.

I'm leaning towards a two act scenario atm, thought I may go to three. I do need to leave some time for my fumbling too, running the new system. I'll probably over-preapre a few extra encounters to run or not depending on time.

JohnK

Postby JohnK » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:03 pm

Hullo, ProfessorK,

ProfessorK wrote:Its a 4 hour slor, including teaching system. I've done beginner oTorg runs. In the past explainaing the background has taken about an hour. Should be less this time because I don't have to go over the whole situation and all the cosms.

That was something that I wondered about with TORG: ETERNITY, as explaining the game and the background could get very convoluted if one allowed it to be. I ran old TORG at the local convention here in Ottawa in the very early '90s - 1991 or 1992, I guess. I remember the background for the game and explaining the basic game mechanics taking much longer than I expected, so this is something I'm going to consider for my convention games. I think the new rules (which are basically the same as the old rules for the most part) will be pretty easy to convey. (One doesn't need to explain combat until one is getting involved in one! That tends to overcomplicate matters.)

I'm likely to go and write up my "Guidelines for Running [TORG: ETERNITY]" document for the game at some point sooner rather than later.

ProfessorK wrote:I'm leaning towards a two act scenario atm, thought I may go to three. I do need to leave some time for my fumbling too, running the new system. I'll probably over-preapre a few extra encounters to run or not depending on time.

Out of curiosity, how many Scenes are you going with for each Act? The more scenes obviously the longer the scenario. And from what I remember, the chances are that Dramatic scenes will take longer to play out than Standard ones.

In any event, I look forward to hearing back from you here in the thread about how the scenario runs at the convention.

And best of luck to you and a wish for a good game as well! :)
=====
"They're High Lords, for God's sake! You can't just walk up to one and say, "How you doing? Feel like dying now?" you know!" - Abraham Horowitz, priest

JohnK

ProfessorK

Postby ProfessorK » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:49 pm

Act 1 has three scenes, with the option of dropping one.

Act 2 has two scenes. The second is a bit shorter then I'd like, its basically a two room dungeon crawl, but I havent come up with a good idea for a third room yet...

JohnK

Postby JohnK » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:27 pm

Hullo, ProfessorK,

ProfessorK wrote:Act 1 has three scenes, with the option of dropping one.

Act 2 has two scenes. The second is a bit shorter then I'd like, its basically a two room dungeon crawl, but I havent come up with a good idea for a third room yet...

I haven't run TORG at a convention in some time, but I'll just say that I'm not sure that you've got a long enough scenario there for a 3-1/2 to 4 hour convention slot. That said, since you're running it this weekend (heck, perhaps even at this moment as I type!), I'll be interested to learn how things worked out with this! :)
=====

JohnK

Return to “Conventions and Events”