Infiniverse Exchange Editor's Club

ZorValachan

Re: Infiniverse Exchange Editor's Club

Postby ZorValachan » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:29 pm

It's definitely not official.
I was just wondering if people would be interested in editing each other's works. I do not have anything finished beyond what I already released, but if someone needs an edit, they can PM those who said they would help.

I put a list on the first post of current people willing to proofread/edit. I can change that if people need time for life or want to join.

Doc Gordon, you sounded like you would like to, but had too many other things on your plate/lack of gumption, which is completely understandable.

I guess with the internet being so cool now compared to what it was when TORG first came out, there might be a way to set up a cloud thing or something were we could have a folder "needs editing" and then once an edit goes through replies are put into a "finished editing" folder. Unfortunately my tech skills are early 2000s (email and replies), so I am not sure what is out there to do this type of thing, as we all may use different formats (Word, OfficeLibre, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, etc. i would suggest if possible, to save your work as a PDF and submit that to be edited.

If someone can do this easy (I am definitely not asking anyone to devoted a chunk of time to setting this up), you can add PM those on the above list and give us a link.

If anyone has something that needs editing now/soon, I would just suggest picking a few people on the list and PM them, when anyone gets to a place you want an edit (be it rough or final draft) and send it to them via email. If someone gives me a PDF, I am happy to send an email with needed/suggested corrections.

And while constructive criticism is an important tool, Here I am mostly looking for just spelling/grammar mistakes or when something is not understandable/unclear. I don't want toes stepped on, just help (like the bug reports we were doing for the core rules.

I would also ask that if you accept to edit, try to get back within a "reasonable" amount of time, depending on length of product.

If anyone gets too busy, just let us know, we can move you out of the "active" pool and put you back in when you are ready.

No difficulty, just helping :)
- Leamon Crafton Jr.
Infiniverse Exchange author:

The Paraverse: An entire alternate Cosmverse
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/237607/

The Knights of the Road: Archtypes designed as a Storm Knight group
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/228365/

Doc Gordon

Postby Doc Gordon » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:39 pm

You're right, I am very busy, these days, and I can't see when that's going to slow down. My enthusiasm for the game, however, tries to override all of my other busy-ness constantly, hehe. Sorry. :D

Etan Krel

Postby Etan Krel » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:51 am

I am willing to help with proofreading if needed.
I'm french, my speaking and writing aren't so good as I'd like, but my reading is pretty good.
I helped David Chart with the 12 Perils in Living Land (not a big job, all was already in good shape, I just pointed typos).

Tynam

Postby Tynam » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:46 am

I am absolutely in for this; it's a great idea. There is no publishing without proof - or shouldn't be, anyway.

Stewbacca

Postby Stewbacca » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:24 pm

I would be interested. I had hoped to have something prepared for launch, but I missed a roll on a check versus illness and bombed out pretty bad. Have been bedridden and ill through the launch.

I have made subsequent health rolls and am on the mend. I am hoping to have some product ready soon, and would be interested in being among the editor's group.

Rabbitball

Postby Rabbitball » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:47 pm

I am interested, but may not have the time to do everything asked. I do promise to let people know if my schedule prevents handling a particular request.
Dominick Riesland, aka Rabbitball
Creator of the Cosmversal Grimoire
"Those who will not follow are doomed to lead"—Anarchist, Magic: the Gathering
Invertebrate punster—spinelessly unable to resist making a pun. "So slug me!"

Taliesin

Postby Taliesin » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:08 am

I'm interested as well. I teach English in France, and I have a decent experience as a translator (it was a while back, but I still have some skills left). I also have a fair amount of time on my hands during school vacation.
I'd be willing to help with proofreading and/or provide some advice for any content set in the Cyberpapacy.

ZorValachan

Postby ZorValachan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:08 am

I'm close to having my draft ready for proofreading.
Because of size i have it broken up into multiple pdfs: intro, realms (1 pdf for each), and gm section. Should finish up around 110 pages. Realms are around 6-10 pages. PM me if you would like to do an edit. Any/all sections you want. If you want me to put you in the credits as an editor let me know too.

Thanks in advance
- Leamon Crafton Jr.

ZorValachan

Postby ZorValachan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:50 am

I am ready for proofreading/editing. I think I figured out how Dropbox works, so you can get the whole file and not piecemeal.
PM me and I'll send you the Link.

The Otherverse, a new Cosmverse based on both OT and TE. New Perks, spells, miracles, psionic powers, and optional rules/rules variants.
New realm Azteca
The remnants of the Space Gods crash
The Lost Land (not quite the Land Below)
Magical enchantments
Frockware and the Godnet
Kaah's break with Lanala
Weird Science and Terrans
Lycanthropy and Vampyrism
Martial Arts
Tharkoldu as player characters
Stat blocks for 40 Allies from across the realities
A 2-act adventure set in the Living Land and Azteca (With some Core Earth)
- Leamon Crafton Jr.

kgrroth

Postby kgrroth » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:55 pm

I too would be open to editing some stuff. It will help me get a feel for the content output as there are some stuff I may be submitting in the future.

Return to “Infiniverse Exchange”