Infiniverse Update, Please?

Doc Gordon

Infiniverse Update, Please?

Postby Doc Gordon » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:51 am

Good morning.

I have been told twice, now, to set reminders IN THIS FORUM for questions I want to ask about the game... I know you guys are hip-deep in a bunch of stuff, right now, but can we please have an update on the plan to make Infiniverse happen? I mean really happen, not the shape it's in, now, but your vision for the final product, please?

Thank you. Off to the Revenge of the Carredon live-chat!!!

TorgHacker

Re: Infiniverse Update, Please?

Postby TorgHacker » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:40 pm

So, we're not entirely clear what you're meaning exactly, so here's the best shot:

We are currently polling on adventures, and we have an outlet for user material.

We do not have any plans for organized play.

If you're asking when polls obviously trigger things, that'll start in Year 2, but even then it's probably going to be fairly subtle. We aren't intending to do separate Infiniverse Update books, instead incorporating material directly in the main products.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Doc Gordon

Postby Doc Gordon » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:51 pm

I was hoping player experiences would have a bit more depth and effect on future products, I guess. I know that you made a decision for the Living Land from GenCon last year; I guess I was just hoping those of us who won't be able to go, pretty much ever, would like to know we were having an effect on the game, as well. That's one of the things that really brought me fully into the game in the early 90s was my ability, even through just snail mail, to have an effect on the world, a tangible effect.

If that's all the further y'all want to go, though, please just discontinue that program; I guess having the Infiniverse Exchange is pretty great. I'm sorry, but right now that effort is half-assed, so if you don't want to go further on it, just stop it. One less thing on your plate, more time to produce even higher quality products than you already do.

Kuildeous

Postby Kuildeous » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:37 pm

I mean, they ask questions from the various home games like, "Was Kitsune convinced to ally with the Delphi Council," "Did Morimoto survive," and "Did Hideaki Okada survive." Presumably if the answer to these questions are "yes," then these may show up in future products. What more are you expecting?

And, well, even if your table goes one way, there's no guarantee that the books will go in that direction. I reported one of the villains from the Day 1 adventures as killed. But then that villain shows up in a published adventure, so clearly enough tables had the villain live so he came back despite what happened at my home game. This was the same issue with shared campaigns such as Living Greyhawk and Heroes of Rokugan.

Hell, it happened in oTorg too. When I ran High Lord of Earth, one of my PCs stepped forward and became the High Lord, establishing the Aztec realm in my world. But since most GMs submitted results that the Storm Knights won, WEG didn't assume the Aztec realm was real. I had to work around that due to the nature of the shared world.

Even if you had a tangible effect on the world, it's not even guaranteed to match your experience anyway.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:40 am

Doc Gordon wrote:I was hoping player experiences would have a bit more depth and effect on future products, I guess. I know that you made a decision for the Living Land from GenCon last year; I guess I was just hoping those of us who won't be able to go, pretty much ever, would like to know we were having an effect on the game, as well. That's one of the things that really brought me fully into the game in the early 90s was my ability, even through just snail mail, to have an effect on the world, a tangible effect.

If that's all the further y'all want to go, though, please just discontinue that program; I guess having the Infiniverse Exchange is pretty great. I'm sorry, but right now that effort is half-assed, so if you don't want to go further on it, just stop it. One less thing on your plate, more time to produce even higher quality products than you already do.

Wow. :|

Okay, so first off, we're not about to make decisions based on what you, and you alone, think we should do.

Second off, we HAVE been taking events in games that are NOT the GenCon game into account via surveys. This is something that's been going on for two years now.

Here are the surveys for affecting the campaign from home games in the God Box, the Burden of Glory (which was the first GenCon game), and the Living Land Delphi Missions. All of these will have an impact on what happens in Year 2.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3389&p=33332&hilit=god+box+forms#p33332

Furthermore, additional surveys for the Fires of Ra, the Nile Empire Delphi Missions, and last year's GenCon game will also be coming out later.

And those for Aysle, and the Cyberpapacy, and Tharkold, and Pan-Pacifica, and Orrorsh. All told, we're probably going to have somewhere around two dozen surveys influencing events from Year 2 onward.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Doc Gordon

Postby Doc Gordon » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:03 pm

Wow, indeed.

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:07 pm

That's great Deanna!

I'm really excited to be able to fill surveys out. Unfortunately multiple factors lead to our 1st groups adventure starting the beginning of this month. We started with Relics of Power because I begged them. It was my favorite adventure back in the day. We then started with The Serial Gambit since I had just gotten my Nile box and was chomping at the bit. I plan to hopefully run the God Box but 2 of our players just moved so we have to figure out the online platforms.

Which brings up an interesting question, how long will the Living Land Survey Links be available before you start acting on the data?

Thanks for all you do!

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:56 pm

Zackzenobi wrote:That's great Deanna!

I'm really excited to be able to fill surveys out. Unfortunately multiple factors lead to our 1st groups adventure starting the beginning of this month. We started with Relics of Power because I begged them. It was my favorite adventure back in the day. We then started with The Serial Gambit since I had just gotten my Nile box and was chomping at the bit. I plan to hopefully run the God Box but 2 of our players just moved so we have to figure out the online platforms.

Which brings up an interesting question, how long will the Living Land Survey Links be available before you start acting on the data?

Thanks for all you do!

Probably until we get close to the point where we're starting to work on Year 2 stuff. So it's still awhile off.

Here are the links BTW:

Delphi Missions: Living Land Survey

https://goo.gl/forms/wW7Vk9BjgW3xncRh2

The God Box

https://goo.gl/forms/MId193XK7mzbwTZ13

The Burden of Glory

https://goo.gl/forms/e23vpNiaLVqCOMKv2
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Return to “Infiniverse Exchange”