The Reality Choir: A sourcebook for the Covert Reality War

johntfs

Re: The Reality Choir: A sourcebook for the Covert Reality War

Postby johntfs » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:42 pm

pkitty wrote:
Yoric wrote:Mmmmh... the Cyberpapacy Sourcebook changes many things. Different borderlines from the One Year Later document, different stance wrt other countries. I'll need to rethink a few things.

I'll post a (free) update once I've come up with something convincing!

You may have to break canon, but only slightly, to keep Le Bureau viable. Just add a sticky note saying something like:

This take on the Cyberpapacy has taken pains to maintain the identity of its component nations (France, Spain, etc.), so that it presents as a "cultural overlay" atop existing governments rather than as a single unified empire. As such, it remains part of the EU; the other nations' opinions range from wary acceptance to vocal distrust, with only the Vatican being openly hostile.

Honestly, I think that's more interesting as it maintains the CP's "false flag" approach.

You could also consider the idea that as Jean Malraux reveals the cybernetic fist in the velvet glove that part of Le Bureau has to go the Earth Defense route of reinventing itself for resistance instead of government authority. I do love Atlas being a bunch of asshole (if occasionally heroic) mercs.

One thing I will say is that it's difficult to imagine Quinn Sebastion fostering/accepting continued hostility toward the Federation of Saladin - especially after a full year. In the early days with a lot of Global War on Terror holdovers, sure. After that, though, figure Sebastion would vigorously push the idea that the "Global War for Survival" very much trumps (no pun intended) the GWoT. I mean, the FoS has 8000 Storm Knights. If that's not an indication that they're on the right side, I don't know what is.

Yoric

Postby Yoric » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:02 pm

johntfs wrote:You could also consider the idea that as Jean Malraux reveals the cybernetic fist in the velvet glove that part of Le Bureau has to go the Earth Defense route of reinventing itself for resistance instead of government authority.

Without spoiling too much, I have something in mind for a Bureau reinvention. Not exactly the EDF route, though :)

My difficulty for the time being is plugging the holes until One Year Later. I'm sure I'll find a way, but it might take a few weeks. I need to finish digesting the Cyberpapacy Sourcebook first.

I do love Atlas being a bunch of asshole (if occasionally heroic) mercs.

One thing I will say is that it's difficult to imagine Quinn Sebastion fostering/accepting continued hostility toward the Federation of Saladin - especially after a full year. In the early days with a lot of Global War on Terror holdovers, sure. After that, though, figure Sebastion would vigorously push the idea that the "Global War for Survival" very much trumps (no pun intended) the GWoT. I mean, the FoS has 8000 Storm Knights. If that's not an indication that they're on the right side, I don't know what is.

Yeah, I had more on the topic, but the main discussion was in a chapter that I had to cut off because it was starting to look like it would take me three more months just to finish a first draft. It's about internal politics within each Agency.

The way I see it, Quinn Sebastian is not the sole master within the Delphi Council. His main political success, besides getting the Delphi Council together, was to get the OSS directive signed by just about everyone, and this gives almost total freedom to Operatives. However, cobbling together 80+ agencies together created a bureaucratic mess that Quinn Sebastian doesn't have the time to navigate because he's busy fighting a war. There are other NPCs doing that, and they may not see eye to eye with Quinn Sebastian on everything.

Now, you're right that by the One Year Later mark, Quinn Sebastian will probably have found time to dispatch someone to investigate whether someone might be blocking this matter within the Delphi Council. I need to think of the consequences of such an investigation.

Yoric

Postby Yoric » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:05 pm

pkitty wrote:Honestly, I think that's more interesting as it maintains the CP's "false flag" approach.

I'll need a few fixes, but I think I've found how to stick to canon on most things. But yeah, if it becomes canon that the entire world thinks of the Cyberpapacy as an enemy, I'll need to deviate a bit and add a sticky note.

Which is a shame, I enjoyed immensely the idea of the false flag invasion.

johntfs

Postby johntfs » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:20 pm

Yoric wrote:
pkitty wrote:Honestly, I think that's more interesting as it maintains the CP's "false flag" approach.

I'll need a few fixes, but I think I've found how to stick to canon on most things. But yeah, if it becomes canon that the entire world thinks of the Cyberpapacy as an enemy, I'll need to deviate a bit and add a sticky note.

Which is a shame, I enjoyed immensely the idea of the false flag invasion.

To be fair, that was the point of Pan-Pacifica (and kind of still is). The Cyberpapacy was very much "We're winnin' the world for Cyber-Jesus!" The actual nation-states are scared to death of the Cyberpapacy. Where the CPs make progress is local, religiously inclined populations who enjoy heightened medical care/technology/food availability/diseases being cured/etc. "My blinded-by-malnutrition daughter gets new eyes for free? Hells yeah I'll burn some witches for you!"

Yoric wrote:Yeah, I had more on the topic, but the main discussion was in a chapter that I had to cut off because it was starting to look like it would take me three more months just to finish a first draft. It's about internal politics within each Agency.

The way I see it, Quinn Sebastian is not the sole master within the Delphi Council. His main political success, besides getting the Delphi Council together, was to get the OSS directive signed by just about everyone, and this gives almost total freedom to Operatives. However, cobbling together 80+ agencies together created a bureaucratic mess that Quinn Sebastian doesn't have the time to navigate because he's busy fighting a war. There are other NPCs doing that, and they may not see eye to eye with Quinn Sebastian on everything.

Now, you're right that by the One Year Later mark, Quinn Sebastian will probably have found time to dispatch someone to investigate whether someone might be blocking this matter within the Delphi Council. I need to think of the consequences of such an investigation.

Figure by the 90 day mark QS will have noticed and pointed out the lack suicide bombings, mass shootings and general terrorism from the FoS and noted their save civilians/rescue refugees stance. The man's not an idiot, after all. Wasting resources on the FoS instead of using them on the "threat to the entire damn world" High Lords would be ridiculous to him.

Honestly, if any of the groups would be on the Delphi Council's shitlist it would be Le Bureau, which is obviously a tool of the Cyberpope and Atlas because they're maybe a half-a-step up from Storm Breaker (why weren't they detailed in this?) and are working closely with active Nile supervillains.

Yoric

Postby Yoric » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:39 pm

johntfs wrote:To be fair, that was the point of Pan-Pacifica (and kind of still is). The Cyberpapacy was very much "We're winnin' the world for Cyber-Jesus!" The actual nation-states are scared to death of the Cyberpapacy. Where the CPs make progress is local, religiously inclined populations who enjoy heightened medical care/technology/food availability/diseases being cured/etc. "My blinded-by-malnutrition daughter gets new eyes for free? Hells yeah I'll burn some witches for you!"

I realize that. But I saw the false flag operation as a stroke of genius, so it'll take me a little time to change my mindframe away from this.

Figure by the 90 day mark QS will have noticed and pointed out the lack suicide bombings, mass shootings and general terrorism from the FoS and noted their save civilians/rescue refugees stance. The man's not an idiot, after all. Wasting resources on the FoS instead of using them on the "threat to the entire damn world" High Lords would be ridiculous to him.

In my mind, it takes more time for QS to even learn about the Federation.

Let's think this through.

1. The Federation starts from basically nothing around day 1.
  2. The Federation is quickly added to the terrorist list, which QS doesn't even look at, as he has better things to do.
  3. Federation volunteers start doing lots of good stuff (or at least trying to) all around the world, but they're hiding their Federation membership because they don't want to end up in Guantanamo, so QS gets to hear about individual Storm Knights, rather than the Federation itself. QS may delegate investigation on these Storm Knights, but since they have only been members of the Federation for a few weeks, there are good chances that the investigation won't produce anything useful.
  4. Once the Stelae around Mecca gets ripped up (day 100), QS clearly realizes that something is happening, but the Shield of Atlas manages to control communication around Mecca and to pretend they're the heroes of the day.
  5. QS will want to know more about the "Muslim Storm Knights" who saved Mecca. He's a busy man but he probably won't be fooled for long by Shield's media blackout. So let's say that the Federation starts showing up on his radar around day 120. QS realizes that the Federation is on the Terrorist list and dispatches someone to find out why.
  6. About two weeks later, QS finds the time to read the dossiers on Federation and realizes that there's no good reason to keep it on the GWoT list. QS picks up his phone and orders that the Federation be removed from the list.
  7. Around day 140, QS realizes that the Federation is still on the Terrorist list. QS assumes that the message got lost, it won't be the first time, there's a war being fought here.
  8. Let's round this up to the 6 months mark before QS realizes that something is wrong and that there's no way the bureaucracy could take that long to remove an organization from a list and pass the word.

What do you think of this timeline?

The question is what happens after that.

Honestly, if any of the groups would be on the Delphi Council's shitlist it would be Le Bureau, which is obviously a tool of the Cyberpope

Oh, it's definitely on QS' personal shitlist. But QS cannot afford to put them on a Candidate for Termination list, in part because many Bureau members are actually agents from allied countries, and also because the Delphi Council doesn't want to open this new front.

Now, perhaps QS should be taking specific steps to fight against the Bureau. Starting with dispatching a few good people to find the identity of the Director.

and Atlas because they're maybe a half-a-step up from Storm Breaker (why weren't they detailed in this?) and are working closely with active Nile supervillains.

I initially started writing this supplement with way more agencies (plenty of explicitly evil people), but, well, 160 pages is already a lot :)

But you're right, I should probably add Storm Breaker to the chapter on Minor Actors. I just need to catch up on reading up on them. So far, I've only seen a few lines on this group and I don't want to contradict canon.

Even if canon seems to have a way to contradict me :)

johntfs

Postby johntfs » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:11 pm

Yoric wrote:
johntfs wrote:To be fair, that was the point of Pan-Pacifica (and kind of still is). The Cyberpapacy was very much "We're winnin' the world for Cyber-Jesus!" The actual nation-states are scared to death of the Cyberpapacy. Where the CPs make progress is local, religiously inclined populations who enjoy heightened medical care/technology/food availability/diseases being cured/etc. "My blinded-by-malnutrition daughter gets new eyes for free? Hells yeah I'll burn some witches for you!"

I realize that. But I saw the false flag operation as a stroke of genius, so it'll take me a little time to change my mindframe away from this.

It's not about false flag so much as wolves in sheep's clothing and devils you know. Kaah, Uthorian and Mobius are actively using military conquest and destruction to get what they want. Uthorian uses zombies, dragons and other nightmare monsters. Orrorsh is a literal horror show. And Tharkold is run by literal, honest-to-Satan demons. Malraux? He sends in missionaries for food, blankets, medical care and people wielding actual miracles to heal the sick and fight the monsters. Is he pushy and self-righteous? Maybe a little quick with the religious persecution? Sure. But compared to dinosaurs wrecking New York, Nazi mummies, a dude who makes Lord Voldemort look like plush Cthulhu, Whatever-TF is happening in India and, oh yeah, actual demons are in charge of Russia, Malraux is a lower priorty. Maybe a possible ally. So, sure, people can more easily justify a bit of quid-pro-quo with him.

Yoric wrote:
In my mind, it takes more time for QS to even learn about the Federation.

Let's think this through.

1. The Federation starts from basically nothing around day 1.
  2. The Federation is quickly added to the terrorist list, which QS doesn't even look at, as he has better things to do.
  3. Federation volunteers start doing lots of good stuff (or at least trying to) all around the world, but they're hiding their Federation membership because they don't want to end up in Guantanamo, so QS gets to hear about individual Storm Knights, rather than the Federation itself. QS may delegate investigation on these Storm Knights, but since they have only been members of the Federation for a few weeks, there are good chances that the investigation won't produce anything useful.
  4. Once the Stelae around Mecca gets ripped up (day 100), QS clearly realizes that something is happening, but the Shield of Atlas manages to control communication around Mecca and to pretend they're the heroes of the day.
  5. QS will want to know more about the "Muslim Storm Knights" who saved Mecca. He's a busy man but he probably won't be fooled for long by Shield's media blackout. So let's say that the Federation starts showing up on his radar around day 120. QS realizes that the Federation is on the Terrorist list and dispatches someone to find out why.
  6. About two weeks later, QS finds the time to read the dossiers on Federation and realizes that there's no good reason to keep it on the GWoT list. QS picks up his phone and orders that the Federation be removed from the list.
  7. Around day 140, QS realizes that the Federation is still on the Terrorist list. QS assumes that the message got lost, it won't be the first time, there's a war being fought here.
  8. Let's round this up to the 6 months mark before QS realizes that something is wrong and that there's no way the bureaucracy could take that long to remove an organization from a list and pass the word.

What do you think of this timeline?

The question is what happens after that.

That's a reasonable timeline. It still leave QS a good six months to get stuff done about it. Having that black site in Australian shut down (or at least freeing the non-terrorist FoS folks in it) would certainly be on his "to do right now" list. I could see him personally reaching out to the head of FoS for a face-to-face meeting. Recall that in the Day One adventures QS personally showed up to say "Hi." after most of them.

Yoric wrote:
Oh, it's definitely on QS' personal shitlist. But QS cannot afford to put them on a Candidate for Termination list, in part because many Bureau members are actually agents from allied countries, and also because the Delphi Council doesn't want to open this new front.

Now, perhaps QS should be taking specific steps to fight against the Bureau. Starting with dispatching a few good people to find the identity of the Director.

I initially started writing this supplement with way more agencies (plenty of explicitly evil people), but, well, 160 pages is already a lot :)

But you're right, I should probably add Storm Breaker to the chapter on Minor Actors. I just need to catch up on reading up on them. So far, I've only seen a few lines on this group and I don't want to contradict canon.

Even if canon seems to have a way to contradict me :)
[/quote][/quote]

For my part, I'd suggest dropping Doctors Without Borders. They're a nice bunch of people doing really good work, but they don't really have a "Storm Knighty" feel to them. Ditto the CDC (which should probably just be folded into the Delphi Council). Opus Mariae seems to cover a lot of the same ground as the Silent Order. I like the idea of the smaller organizations within the invading realm. I suggest dropping DWB, CDC (making it part of the DC) and OM. Use that space to put something together on Storm Breaker as being something like the evil rapechild of the DC, FoS and Atlas.

Storm Breaker is where the terrorists unwelcome in the FoS, the "burn the village to save it" folks in Delphi and the people too full-on sociopathic for Atlas went. But it should have links to everyone. And a lot of nations/agencies should be reluctant to go hard against them because they think they might really have to burn a few villages to save them. Most of them time you want a smart, heroic person who can go after the bad guys but cares more about saving the good/innocent people. But occasionally you have a use for the "kill every mother-fucker in the room to get the one I need to get" guys.

Yoric

Postby Yoric » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:51 am

johntfs wrote:

It's not about false flag so much as wolves in sheep's clothing and devils you know.

I agree with most of what you write, but the unleashing of demons to protect against them is very nearly the definition of a false flag operation :)

That's a reasonable timeline. It still leave QS a good six months to get stuff done about it. Having that black site in Australian shut down (or at least freeing the non-terrorist FoS folks in it) would certainly be on his "to do right now" list. I could see him personally reaching out to the head of FoS for a face-to-face meeting. Recall that in the Day One adventures QS personally showed up to say "Hi." after most of them.

I can definitely see the latter. That kind of thing takes time to organize, so let's say day 200 for a first meeting. After this, QS will have a communication channel to the Federation.

As for the former, it's not even certain that QS knows about the black site. Remember when I wrote that the Delphi Council is complete chaos? Well, it is. Operatives are pretty good at what they do and QS tries to read every single field report, but the bureaucracy itself is madness. It's in a permanent state of panic, with many agencies that just can't agree who has the right to read what information, with many subdivisions who find themselves without a director because that person has been lost to the Invasion and nobody has realized that they needed to be replaced, with many people stepping up to replace missing decision-makers but without having the rights, the codebooks or the passwords and without being in the right mailing-lists, with many people who find themselves out of the loop simply because their name was misplaced and there is no process to fix such errors anymore, and of course a number of people who take advantage of this for personal ambition.

In fact, QS might learn of the black site from the Federation.

Now, that story doesn't end there. We have people who have been drilled into the GWoT and truly believe that the Federation is evil, or have an agenda. Digging deeper, I'm sure that Mobius has found a way to plant a few moles within the Delphi Council's administration. Since the Federation is a thorn on his side, these moles are going to actively do their best to ensure that the Delphi Council remains at war against them. Mobius' spymaster is more than able to organize her own false flag operations for this purpose.

For my part, I'd suggest dropping Doctors Without Borders. They're a nice bunch of people doing really good work, but they don't really have a "Storm Knighty" feel to them. Ditto the CDC (which should probably just be folded into the Delphi Council). Opus Mariae seems to cover a lot of the same ground as the Silent Order. I like the idea of the smaller organizations within the invading realm. I suggest dropping DWB, CDC (making it part of the DC) and OM. Use that space to put something together on Storm Breaker as being something like the evil rapechild of the DC, FoS and Atlas.

I actually like DWB and CDC, if only as backgrounds for new characters. If they're lacking personality, though, it probably means that they need to be rewritten. If Opus Mariae and the Silent Orders cover the same ground, I did something wrong. The former is basically a mix of the "Vatican Secret Services" mentioned in the Cyberpapacy Sourcebook and the Mafia while the latter is kind of the Witches the Cyberpapacy.

On the upside, I don't really need to remove stuff to add stuff. It's not as if the book was ever going to end up printed, the Infiniverse Exchange license forbids it :)

Storm Breaker is where the terrorists unwelcome in the FoS, the "burn the village to save it" folks in Delphi and the people too full-on sociopathic for Atlas went. But it should have links to everyone. And a lot of nations/agencies should be reluctant to go hard against them because they think they might really have to burn a few villages to save them. Most of them time you want a smart, heroic person who can go after the bad guys but cares more about saving the good/innocent people. But occasionally you have a use for the "kill every mother-fucker in the room to get the one I need to get" guys.

I was thinking of QS starting what is effectively a purge to get rid of "congenital stupidity" (his words) within the Delphi Council. Of course, a number of them would find their way to either Atlas or Storm Breakers.

johntfs

Postby johntfs » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:27 pm

Yoric wrote:
johntfs wrote:

It's not about false flag so much as wolves in sheep's clothing and devils you know.

I agree with most of what you write, but the unleashing of demons to protect against them is very nearly the definition of a false flag operation :)

Sure, but that's just one aspect (and exposing it might go some ways toward weakening Malraux hold on people). And Malraux really is sending food, blankets, clean water, healing/medicine etc. to people who really do need it. So you can see how people might put him as a lower priority than those High Lords who do their conquering in a more obvious way. Mobius is somebody who could be directly fought. If the industrial base was sufficiently retooled, planes, tanks and guns could potentially overwhelm his forces. With Malraux, you have entire nations worth of people who are effectively in a cult and have to be deprogrammed, which is a very different challenge.

Yoric wrote:
johntfs wrote:That's a reasonable timeline. It still leave QS a good six months to get stuff done about it. Having that black site in Australian shut down (or at least freeing the non-terrorist FoS folks in it) would certainly be on his "to do right now" list. I could see him personally reaching out to the head of FoS for a face-to-face meeting. Recall that in the Day One adventures QS personally showed up to say "Hi." after most of them.

I can definitely see the latter. That kind of thing takes time to organize, so let's say day 200 for a first meeting. After this, QS will have a communication channel to the Federation.

As for the former, it's not even certain that QS knows about the black site. Remember when I wrote that the Delphi Council is complete chaos? Well, it is. Operatives are pretty good at what they do and QS tries to read every single field report, but the bureaucracy itself is madness. It's in a permanent state of panic, with many agencies that just can't agree who has the right to read what information, with many subdivisions who find themselves without a director because that person has been lost to the Invasion and nobody has realized that they needed to be replaced, with many people stepping up to replace missing decision-makers but without having the rights, the codebooks or the passwords and without being in the right mailing-lists, with many people who find themselves out of the loop simply because their name was misplaced and there is no process to fix such errors anymore, and of course a number of people who take advantage of this for personal ambition.

In fact, QS might learn of the black site from the Federation.

Now, that story doesn't end there. We have people who have been drilled into the GWoT and truly believe that the Federation is evil, or have an agenda. Digging deeper, I'm sure that Mobius has found a way to plant a few moles within the Delphi Council's administration. Since the Federation is a thorn on his side, these moles are going to actively do their best to ensure that the Delphi Council remains at war against them. Mobius' spymaster is more than able to organize her own false flag operations for this purpose.

Sure, but remember that QS knows all that. The big advantage that QS brings to the table is that knows (generally) the enemy in terms of what they're capable of and how they tend to act and react, while they are (for the most part as I wouldn't be sure of anything when it comes to the Gaunt Man) ignorant of the same thing.

Basically, you titled this supplement "The Reality Choir." Choir sing together. Not perfectly and necessarily in tune, but they perform together.

I can believe that many people in the DC distrust the FoS because of the past. I can believe the same thing of the FoS given that the CIA and other American agencies don't have the best rep in the Middle East. However, while they might not share information or directly support each other all that well, I don't see either of them being at war with some kind of arrest/shoot on sight orders in place. An FoS agent in the USA is going to be watched and likely made to feel unwelcome, but won't be arrested unless the commit (or are reasonably thought to have committed) some real crime.

Meanwhile, the FoS might be very suspicious of DC members (who could easily be part of CIA/Military forces who drone-bombed family member by mistake or on purpose), but at the same time, the Delphi Council probably won't destroy Mecca and/or turn it into a place for the worship of heathen gods. Mobius will absolutely do either or both of those things.

Figure they same thing is true regarding the DC and EDF. Yes, the EDF is pretty sure at this point that QS is some kind of invader. But they still need to "play nice" with the DC. So, again, when DC agents are in EDF they'll be "politely" but thorough followed/watched/etc but won't be arrested/killed unless they do something obviously wrong.

Yoric wrote:
johntfs wrote:For my part, I'd suggest dropping Doctors Without Borders. They're a nice bunch of people doing really good work, but they don't really have a "Storm Knighty" feel to them. Ditto the CDC (which should probably just be folded into the Delphi Council). Opus Mariae seems to cover a lot of the same ground as the Silent Order. I like the idea of the smaller organizations within the invading realm. I suggest dropping DWB, CDC (making it part of the DC) and OM. Use that space to put something together on Storm Breaker as being something like the evil rapechild of the DC, FoS and Atlas.

I actually like DWB and CDC, if only as backgrounds for new characters. If they're lacking personality, though, it probably means that they need to be rewritten. If Opus Mariae and the Silent Orders cover the same ground, I did something wrong. The former is basically a mix of the "Vatican Secret Services" mentioned in the Cyberpapacy Sourcebook and the Mafia while the latter is kind of the Witches the Cyberpapacy.

On the upside, I don't really need to remove stuff to add stuff. It's not as if the book was ever going to end up printed, the Infiniverse Exchange license forbids it :)

That's fair enough. One thing I think you should add is some kind of toolkit for GMs to put together their own organizations, enemy, allies or patrons. Maybe instead of being with the "Big 5" or one of the "smaller 10 or so" the characters are working for/with somebody else ala Clive Cussler's NOMA group or something like the Aeon Trinity from White Wolf games (think Red Cross but with guns). Or maybe they've just been hired as "troubleshooters" by Wal-mart, Exxon or whatever passes for Stark-Stane Industries. Perhaps some kind of "not-so-nasty" criminal organization that wants to make sure money is still a thing (not likely to happen if Baruk Kaah wins). Perhaps Anonymous has decided to put together some actual firepower instead of just memes.

Yoric wrote:
johntfs wrote:Storm Breaker is where the terrorists unwelcome in the FoS, the "burn the village to save it" folks in Delphi and the people too full-on sociopathic for Atlas went. But it should have links to everyone. And a lot of nations/agencies should be reluctant to go hard against them because they think they might really have to burn a few villages to save them. Most of them time you want a smart, heroic person who can go after the bad guys but cares more about saving the good/innocent people. But occasionally you have a use for the "kill every mother-fucker in the room to get the one I need to get" guys.

I was thinking of QS starting what is effectively a purge to get rid of "congenital stupidity" (his words) within the Delphi Council. Of course, a number of them would find their way to either Atlas or Storm Breakers.

Again that sounds quite reasonable. They're even mentioned in the CP sourcebook as having ties to parts of the French Resistance, so it'd be cool to have some kind of idea I could use to include them in a game.

Yoric

Postby Yoric » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:16 am

johntfs wrote:With Malraux, you have entire nations worth of people who are effectively in a cult and have to be deprogrammed, which is a very different challenge.

Nice formulation!

The big advantage that QS brings to the table is that knows (generally) the enemy in terms of what they're capable of and how they tend to act and react, while they are (for the most part as I wouldn't be sure of anything when it comes to the Gaunt Man) ignorant of the same thing.

Side-note: Yeah, I suspect that the Gaunt Man plays by the same book as Quinn Sebastian.

[...]
An FoS agent in the USA is going to be watched and likely made to feel unwelcome, but won't be arrested unless the commit (or are reasonably thought to have committed) some real crime.
[...]
Meanwhile, the FoS might be very suspicious of DC members (who could easily be part of CIA/Military forces who drone-bombed family member by mistake or on purpose), but at the same time, the Delphi Council probably won't destroy Mecca and/or turn it into a place for the worship of heathen gods. Mobius will absolutely do either or both of those things.

I agree that, after the meeting, QS should be able to eventually de-escalate the situation down to this point. At some point before the One Year Later mark, let's say.

Figure they same thing is true regarding the DC and EDF. Yes, the EDF is pretty sure at this point that QS is some kind of invader. But they still need to "play nice" with the DC. So, again, when DC agents are in EDF they'll be "politely" but thorough followed/watched/etc but won't be arrested/killed unless they do something obviously wrong.

Yeah, that's how I see it. EDF might not play so nice with FoS, though, once the FoS starts supporting (or appearing to support) separatist/revolutionary movements.

One thing I think you should add is some kind of toolkit for GMs to put together their own organizations, enemy, allies or patrons. Maybe instead of being with the "Big 5" or one of the "smaller 10 or so" the characters are working for/with somebody else ala Clive Cussler's NOMA group or something like the Aeon Trinity from White Wolf games (think Red Cross but with guns). Or maybe they've just been hired as "troubleshooters" by Wal-mart, Exxon or whatever passes for Stark-Stane Industries. Perhaps some kind of "not-so-nasty" criminal organization that wants to make sure money is still a thing (not likely to happen if Baruk Kaah wins). Perhaps Anonymous has decided to put together some actual firepower instead of just memes.

I like the idea of Anonymous :)

I'll see what I can do.

Yoric

Postby Yoric » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:32 am

I've started updating the Reality Choir based on the above conversations and the Cyberpapacy SB. Relations between the Delphi Council and the Federation of Saladin have improved somewhat, Stormbreakers is more present and I'm in the process of clarifying what's going on between the Cyberpapacy, the Bureau des Tempêtes and the rest of the European Union.

Stay tuned for more updates :)

Return to “Infiniverse Exchange”