Looking for players to run an adventure for

bern

Looking for players to run an adventure for

Postby bern » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:28 pm

I'm a GM and looking for a group to run a single TDE adventure for. One adventure does not mean a one shot, the adventure will take several sessions to complete. It is called Borgar's Blood (Brogars Blut in German) and was release for the 3th edition but we will be using 5th edition rules to play it.

Being from the 3rd edition it plays several years before the current timeline. It takes place in the Shadowlands or rather the territory that will be known as the Shadowlands. At the time of the adventure the land has just been conquered by Borbarad and the war is still going. The heroes quest will be to get through this territory undercover to save a lot of lives. The whole mission is a alveran mission (Aventurian for suicide mission) and needs some heroes who are willing to risk their lives in the war against Borbarad. But at the same time the heroes will have to avoid fights (they can't take on the troops roaming the land alone) and they even might have to let innocent people suffer or die unless they want to risk their mission (and let even more people day). In some situations it might be possible to take on a small squad of Borbarad's army but most of the time the heroes will have to get out of situations without fighting.

I'm German so if you are located in America or Asia there might be a hugh time difference between us. Take this into account when considering to join. I'm willing to play late at night or early in the morning it the group consists mostly of american players, but especially for America the time difference is really problematic.

These are the times when I could be available in CEST (UTC+2)
Monday: 7 PM - 3 AM
Tuesday: 7 AM - 10 PM
Wednesday: 7 PM - 3 AM
Thursday: 7 AM - 10 PM
Friday: 7 PM - 3 AM
Saturday: 7 AM - 3 AM

MadBeard

Re: Looking for players to run an adventure for

Postby MadBeard » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:26 am

Hi Bern.
I would love to play if my little rusty English is not a problem and this would be a great chance to start speak again :)
Also my friend would probably be interested too so I can ask him if you want.
We are both from Croatia which is in same time zone as you are (GMT +1). I can play Mon-Fri from 18:00 - 0:00 (probably even to 01:00) GMT +1.
Saturday and Sunday I usually can't play.
Last edited by MadBeard on Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

bern

Postby bern » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:46 am

Hi, the time sounds good. I'd prefer a time during the week as I often already have sessions on weekends. I'd say besides, me we should at least have 3 players for the game, so feel free to ask your friend. If we don't find more players I would also be willing to play with just the two of you.

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:12 am

Ok Bern, I'll let you know as soon as he reply to me. Btw I presume you use roll20 as a VTT?
I use TTopRPG, free little VTT which is very nice to play with and have much better campaign managing the roll20. Unfortunately is made for playing PF and d20 systems. You can play TDE with it but you have to do some workarounds. If you are interested I can give you a tour. In it I run Revelation from heavens and currently I'm preparing Theater knights campaign.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

jabbasaccount

Postby jabbasaccount » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:00 pm

I'm in! I am German, too btw but I live in Florida. I am relatively flexible time-wise, except for these dates: 6/22, 6/28, 7/10, 7/20, 7/26, 8/2, 8/9, and 8/16. I never played online, so I don't know how much I will enjoy it compared to playing in person, but I want to give it a shot. I am not sure how it works though and I will probably need some help setting that up.

Do we create our characters beforehand by ourselves? If so, at what experience level do we start, what kind of characters are desired and what characters do the others already have?

ohkoolnerd

Postby ohkoolnerd » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:24 pm

If the game leans towards to Saturday I'd love to join. You posted Saturday: 7 AM - 3 AM - Did you mean Saturday: 7 PM - 3 AM?

Thank you,
Mark

bern

Postby bern » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:51 pm

MadBeard suggested a starting time of 18:00/6 PM CEST during the week, i. e. not on Saturday or Sunday. Depending on the weekday I might only be available at 7 AM. This would be starting time at 11 AM or 12 PM in Florida and Pennsylvania. If you can make that work you can join in.

@ohkoolnerd/Mark
As you are only available on Saturday you probably won't be able to play with us, but I would be willing to run the game again for for another group including you. But I would only do this after the group with MadBeard has finished the adventure, this might take some time depending on how often we play.
And I meant 7 AM in the morning. If someone is located to the east of me it will be later there. The times only say when I'm available, it does not mean I want to play from 7 AM till 3 AM :D

@MadBeard
There was a discussion about different VTT systems a while back. I took a look at the ones mentioned back then. The big plus of roll20 is that I someone has made a quite good character sheet which I have translated. It automates a lot of calculations and is quite conveniant.

You can create your own characters, but it will not be a standard one on Expereienced level and I would prefer to have our first session for character creation.

Tenushath

Postby Tenushath » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:28 pm

I'd be totally up for some TDE/DSA if you have room for another. I'm in California but I can game on weekdays pretty much whenever during the summer...I teach and I'm off until September!

~Tenu

bern

Postby bern » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:45 am

Wellcome aboard Tenu.

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:59 pm

I checked with my friend but unfortunately at the moment he can't play.

Bern can you give some pointers for char creation so I can prepare myself ahead?
I would like to create char before the first session (mechanically, just rough sketch) and then I will fine tune it on first session. For now I would like to try elven wyldrunner if that concept is ok with you.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Return to “Players Seeking Players”