What should organized play look like in English?

Tenushath

Re: What should organized play look like in English?

Postby Tenushath » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:32 pm

That sounds pretty awesome. I'm glad you are doing something to differentiate TDE organized play from PFS and D&D Adevnturer's League. If you need volunteers just let us know! I'm totally up for helping.
~Tenu

Grimraven

Postby Grimraven » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:23 am

When can we expect to see Organized Play available? What, if any, thought has been put into Demo Team support? I'd love to run demonstration games of TDE in my area's stores, but there doesn't seem to be any good starting point.
"Fighting for your beliefs is a great thing, but fighting for hope is even greater." - Halvard Grimraven

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:29 am

I hope that they have saved their announcements for the Kickstarter campaign starting Wednesday.

I reckon that is going to be a great 2 weeks. Can't wait.

Shayd3000

Postby Shayd3000 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:59 pm

It's an old topic I know - but a few random thoughts.

Speaking for myself, but I imagine that it applies to others as well.

I cam to TDE because I didn't care for the stuff being put out here. TDE is a different approach and philosophy. That is what attracted me and I imagine others.

So, I would say, stick to what you do best. Maybe it wont go over with a huge bang to begin with, but TDE is NOT Pathfinder, it is NOT D&D, and in fact it isn't any of those other games. So, why do what they do for a "living" campaign?

Yes, it would be cool if we as Americans could influence the timeline and history, but unless you're going to catch us up quick and then start doing simultaneous releases, that probably isn't going to happen...unless you give Kosh to the Americans or something....;) Maybe you can let some thigns that happen in the US influence some things in the game world, though that would require some coordination. Maybe HQ says "hey, we need to see how event X is going to resolve, let's let the US do it".

Also, never been a biog fan of those living games. However, I've always wanted to play in a massive shared player experience but without the codex's, cards, and other organized play trappings. Organized play turns me off. A company that loves and believes in its games and shares them and invovles their players/customers in them an join participation if what I look for. I would rather attend a small TDE only con and play in a single adventure that lasts from 5AM to 9PM then play in three organized events trapped on a schedule.

Maybe you need to examine doing some small US cons. Sure they might not be hugely attended, maybe only a few dozen attendees, but you gotta start somewhere.

Babbling mode off.

Tenushath

Postby Tenushath » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:34 pm

Keeping this topic alive I see!

In San Diego we have a small but dedicated group of players in our local OP organization. We have created our own ad hoc system for OP in Dark Eye and I could certainly post what we've done about timelines etc. I think the best solution for OP for American players, and I mean that as more than just the US, is something along the lines of what the old Living Greyhawk did in the RPGA days. Give us a corner or the Middenrealm to play with and present cohesive story arcs. Ideally, that way American players would feel like they're getting to influence events, even on a very local level.

Best,

Tenu

arkobla conn

Postby arkobla conn » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:16 am

Great Topic - In PA we have a local con that meets 2x per year. (MEPACON, April, November). We have a steady group of gamers (around 300) who attend and I'd love to start an organized TDE Living Campaign...
With Regards,
Arkobla Conn

Tenushath

Postby Tenushath » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:54 pm

Okay gonna put this link out there. I am just setting this up so there is nothing there other than a link to contact me. I have quite a bit of experience with OP for other systems and my players as well as other people in my area interested in TDE have expressed an interest in OP. I'll be posting some if my thoughts there as well as here. Are you going to be at GenCon? I figured meeting up there with anyone/everyone interested in OP for TDE would be great.

http://www.livingaventuria.com

Return to “Official Timeline and Story Arc Announcements (TDE)”