Start/End of Act/Scene

Dlw32

Start/End of Act/Scene

Postby Dlw32 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:24 pm

Let me just verify:

Act
Start of Act:
    Discard unused Cosm Cards (even if staying in the same cosm)
    Draw new Cosm Cards
    Possibilities reset to 3.
End of Act:
    Gain 5xp

Scene
Start of Scene
    n/a

End of Scene
    Pick up the Action Pool
    Replenish Hand up to 4 Destiny Cards if less than 4
    Optionally discard one Destiny card and draw back to 4.

ZorValachan

Re: Start/End of Act/Scene

Postby ZorValachan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:09 pm

Start of Scene:
Certain things like pulp powers lost to limitations might be back in use.

End of Battle:
Action pool picked up.

End of Scene:
Action pool is picked up
Cards increased/decreased to 4.
1card may be discarded and draw another.
- Leamon Crafton Jr.
Infiniverse Exchange author:

The Paraverse: An entire alternate Cosmverse
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/237607/

The Knights of the Road: Archtypes designed as a Storm Knight group
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/228365/

Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:19 pm

Yeah, looks ok. But to take into account multiple battles per scene:

Act
Start of Act:
    Discard unused Cosm Cards (even if staying in the same cosm)
    Draw new Cosm Cards
    Possibilities reset to 3.
End of Act:
    Gain 5xp

Scene
Start of Scene
    n/a

End of Each Battle Within a Scene
    Pick up the Action Pool
    Reduce hand down to 4 cards if more than 4

End of Scene
    Replenish Hand up to 4 Destiny Cards if less than 4
    Optionally discard one Destiny card and draw back to 4.

You also discard Cosm cards and draw a new one whenever entering a new cosm during an act, but if you've already used your one Cosm card during the Act you don't get a new one until the next Act.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:32 pm

I was wanting to make a cheat sheet just like this so I don't screw it up in an actual game, so kudos for doing it for me! :mrgreen:

Dlw32

Postby Dlw32 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:57 pm

Thanks guys!

MalicWanderer

Postby MalicWanderer » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:16 pm

I think Start of Act would also technically include drawing new destiny hands, although it's not super clear. The sidebar about continuing acts across multiple sessions says you should write cards down, which implies that you normally wouldn't do that when the act and session end at the same time, further implying that you normally wouldn't keep the same hands from one act to the next.

Although really I'm guessing all of that comes mostly as a natural consequence of the designers wanting act breaks to line up with session breaks and wanting to avoid the excess bookkeeping of writing cards down every time.

I imagine I'd also add shuffling the drama and destiny decks, again just because the assumption is you'd usually do so at session start.

Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:45 am

MalicWanderer wrote:I think Start of Act would also technically include drawing new destiny hands, although it's not super clear. The sidebar about continuing acts across multiple sessions says you should write cards down, which implies that you normally wouldn't do that when the act and session end at the same time, further implying that you normally wouldn't keep the same hands from one act to the next.

Although really I'm guessing all of that comes mostly as a natural consequence of the designers wanting act breaks to line up with session breaks and wanting to avoid the excess bookkeeping of writing cards down every time.

I imagine I'd also add shuffling the drama and destiny decks, again just because the assumption is you'd usually do so at session start.

Regarding shuffling various decks, there is no set rule, @TorgHacker says
TorgHacker wrote:
When you need to/whatever feels natural.

ref viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1601&p=14229

So I don't think shuffling needs to be added. Drawing new cards at the beginning of the act can be added if you want.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

ZorValachan

Postby ZorValachan » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:54 am

Correct, the "official" word is to reshuffle when you feel it is needed.

To redo hands, I recommend/suggest a new adventure. Adventure being made up of 1 or more acts-a plotline.
So if an adventure has 1 act, redo everything at the next adventure/act.
If your adventure is a longer 4 act piece, then don't redo destiny hands until the start of the next adventure, That keeps the sense of "connectedness'.

I would also suggest a "hard" reset to destiny hand size at an adventure start. Glories add a destiny card to the hand, which means more cards are picked up, which means more chance of glories, which makes a cycle of increasing hand size/choices. A reset at the adventure start is a logical time to say "past plotline is over, everything resets"
- Leamon Crafton Jr.
Infiniverse Exchange author:

The Paraverse: An entire alternate Cosmverse
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/237607/

The Knights of the Road: Archtypes designed as a Storm Knight group
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/228365/

DerHuthmacher

Postby DerHuthmacher » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:18 am

ZorValachan wrote:Correct, the "official" word is to reshuffle when you feel it is needed.

To redo hands, I recommend/suggest a new adventure. Adventure being made up of 1 or more acts-a plotline.
So if an adventure has 1 act, redo everything at the next adventure/act.
If your adventure is a longer 4 act piece, then don't redo destiny hands until the start of the next adventure, That keeps the sense of "connectedness'.

I would also suggest a "hard" reset to destiny hand size at an adventure start. Glories add a destiny card to the hand, which means more cards are picked up, which means more chance of glories, which makes a cycle of increasing hand size/choices. A reset at the adventure start is a logical time to say "past plotline is over, everything resets"

Personally, I would agree to reduce Glory-earned added cards at the beginning of a new adventure to one, regardless of how glorious the previous adventure had been if at least one glory had been achieved in the previous adventure. This way, the party can at least bask in the afterglow of their accomplishments without feeling overly cheated.

If they earn a new glory during the next adventure, good for them. If not, the next adventure starts without Glory-added cards.
---
Hell is where the heart is.

lurkingowl

Postby lurkingowl » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:15 pm

I thought you did a full destiny hand reset (discard and draw all new cards) at the start of each act too?

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”