Questions from my players

thelordoftherats

Questions from my players

Postby thelordoftherats » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:50 am

1) Can priests learn other god's spells or ceremonies? This has come up because in the Aventuria Card game a priest of Perraine can use Lion Shape, which is a Rondra ceremony.

2) Is a character who is frenzied and has the bloodlust condition more resistant to magic? We have a character who has the Frenzy disadvantage and the party is trying to use magic to control her when she pops. She does not like to be controlled.

3) When Somnigravis is cast on someone and they go to sleep due to quality level, do they have penalties due to stupor if they are awakened beforehand or does stupor go away? Since the duration is QL X 3 in minutes, this could put a -4 on them for a long time after awaking prematurely.

4) Can a mage carry and use a crossbow? The specific mage is from the Brotherhood of the Mind (Black) in Lowangen.

These are some of the questions my players were curious about and have come up during our campaign. Thank you in advance for your replies!

Bosper

Re: Questions from my players

Postby Bosper » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:33 pm

1) Can priests learn other god's spells or ceremonies? This has come up because in the Aventuria Card game a priest of Perraine can use Lion Shape, which is a Rondra ceremony.

A: No they can't. Only Priests of the nameless one can learn chants or zeremonies that LOOK like other god's work, to trick the people. No other Blessed one can do this.

2) Is a character who is frenzied and has the bloodlust condition more resistant to magic? We have a character who has the Frenzy disadvantage and the party is trying to use magic to control her when she pops. She does not like to be controlled.

A: "Starting on the next combat round after entering this state, a hero gains a +4 bonus to attacks, a +2 bonus to damage, and a +2 bonus to Feat of Strength checks. In addition, the hero ignores the effects of the condition Pain" Thats all. Nothing else. She loses control and who loses control is easy to be controlled.

3) When Somnigravis is cast on someone and they go to sleep due to quality level, do they have penalties due to stupor if they are awakened beforehand or does stupor go away? Since the duration is QL X 3 in minutes, this could put a -4 on them for a long time after awaking prematurely.

A: Waking the target doesnt end the spell. He would be unable to take an action, but be awake. "Depending on the situation, the GM may allow such characters to use free actions to speak."

4) Can a mage carry and use a crossbow? The specific mage is from the Brotherhood of the Mind (Black) in Lowangen.

A: If he has two arms and at least one eye he can. He just is not allowed by law and most mages that are proud of their profession wouldnt want to be seen with a proof of their incompetence to defend themselves.
Lowangen is an example of extreme conservativism in the black guild. Headmaster Oswin Puschinske teaches mages to rule, and only the worthy are able to rule. He will be tought discipline, pride and confidence along with bodily fitness and combat abilities that suit his profession (staff and magic). And his academy would persecute breaking the guild law like that if they found out, to clean themselves of this stain on their reputation as brutally efficient and worthy mages that might be black mages, but follow the word of the law.

HEX the Dark

Postby HEX the Dark » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:56 am

To 1)
Note that there are some ceremonies that are taught in different churches, thoguh.
Never trust a smiling gamemaster

Bosper

Postby Bosper » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:04 am

But those are marked as common and not "other gods"

HEX the Dark

Postby HEX the Dark » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:43 pm

Well yes. They're marked either as common or with the chruches (not sure if they're already translated).
Never trust a smiling gamemaster

Return to “Rules Questions (TDE)”