Nile Empire on Mars

ryric

Nile Empire on Mars

Postby ryric » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:39 pm

Now that the cargo box is in my hands, I'm going to start running a campaign soon. One idea I had that I thought would be fun to share is to have the Nile Empire put a single stelae triangle on Mars. Use some sort of weird science teleporter platform to go back and forth, and there could be a crystal city, canals, and other fun 30s sci-fi pulp Mars stuff going on. Obviously there are no natives to the area to convert, but Mobius is insane, and boy would this region be super hard to switch back, since restoring Core Earth to the area would kill everyone there as the air basically vanishes. Possibly under Nile axioms there are deposits of valuable "crystals" or some such that can be mined and used to fuel Mobius' war effort.

I think I could send the PCs there for some fun "Martian slave revolt" action. Possibly they discover some captured good guys are disappearing and when they track them down they find the teleplatform. Obviously there will need to be some sort of cruel overlord/governess and possibly a space princess.

Thoughts/comments/ideas are welcome.

PrinceEarwig

Re: Nile Empire on Mars

Postby PrinceEarwig » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:13 pm

It could only be the Nile Empire as no other High Lord is mad enough to waste the energy on the absolute lack of return.
However there is precedent. Mobius "might" be hoping to bring into existence some useful allies... There was a Martian invasion taking place in oTorg Terra! The enemy of my Enemy is ripe for conquest by the glorious 10th Empire!! Bwah ha ha !!!

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:57 pm

In our original campaign, we had Mobuus set up a moon base in response to the Akashans Mothership. Ended in a space Battle of Flash Gordon style pulp ships against the biotech ships. I'm not saying was a fair fight but it was fun

Greymarch2000

Postby Greymarch2000 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:51 pm

Ah, but what if.... There is life on Mars in Core Earth? Dun dun dun

PrinceEarwig

Postby PrinceEarwig » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:40 am

But..but there is...
Its all Matt Damon though.

Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:07 am

Ankhu shook inside his stylized robes and headdress. Even at night in the gardens it was hot to wear, but he didn't usually sweat. The heat didn't bother him. It was the pacing High Lord, and the loud sobbing coming from an antechamber that had the perspiration flowing down his face. Dr. Mobius had just "interviewed" one of their spies, and was not pleased with the report.

"Kaah has a research facility in remote Canada? What is that buffoon researching? New spear technology? Advanced rock gathering? Why don't I have a remote realm for secret research?"

The pacing stopped. Ankhu's heart skipped a beat. He realized he had been staring into the night sky, identifying constellations and planets of this new world, trying to relax; astronomy was more than a hobby to him, it was a key to power in this realm. But he had not noticed his High Lord getting closer.

"WHY???" and with a metal thud as the royal scepter smashed into the side of his headdress, Ankhu focused his concentration and began to talk, to say something, anything to appease him...he knew at this point silence would mean his death.

"We have plans!!"

"Yes?" Dr. Mobius glared expectantly.

"Plans for a super secret research facility....." Ankhu's thoughts raced to come up with a plan..."And I can expedite them."

"Tell me of these plans...plans for a facility far more remote, far more exotic, and far more advanced than those of any other Raider," Mobius was dangerously close.

Ankhu nearly panicked...trying to think of something, and his eyes darted back to the red dot he was studying before. That's it!

He pointed up, "We have plans to build the most exotic, most advanced outpost ... plans for Mars!"
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:28 am

PrinceEarwig wrote:But..but there is...
Its all Matt Damon though.

:lol:
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:39 am

Back in my home game, we had Mobious do something similar ... but on the Moon.

Because there is a race of Amazons on the Moon, and he thinks that if he woos their queen to his side, he'll have powerful allies. And if not? Well, his forces can *surely* overcome some Moon maidens and seize some sacred flame, right?

Of course, you can have some Mystery Men catch wind of this dastardly plan and plan a rocket launch of their own to beat him there! But where will they find a group of brave souls who'd be willing to take such a perilous trip?

((Project Moonbase X-M is go!))

Atama

Postby Atama » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:07 pm

A transformed Matt Damon might be my next PC if my current one perishes.

I’d change his name to Tam Nomad. (Tam is a Scottish name short for Thomas.)
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

ryric

Postby ryric » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:12 am

Given that Core Earth is "movie" Earth, it's entirely possible that some country has a secret moon base already. Could make the Apollo flag an eternity shard; that could be fun.

I also ponder what the poor inhabitants of the ISS think of the invasion. The US and Russia are probably not really in a position to launch any new inhabitants or supplies up there(Cape Canaveral is in the Living Land, for example), and I'm not sure the astronauts have the capacity to return until a vehicle is sent up. Could potentially be a fun adventure there around rescuing the ISS astronauts as basically a publicity stunt/morale mission. Hmm, or what if another cosm (Pan Pacifica, Nile, or Cyberpapacy) sent a team up to capture it but it turns out to be a Core Earth hardpoint? I could see an adventure involving finding a country with a still functional space program, getting up there, fighting off agents of some other cosm in zero gee, then a return to Earth/splashdown potentially in a hostile reality's ocean.

In fact, now that I look at the map, Cape Canaveral is in a LL/CE mixed zone...might have to have an adventure about finding Launch Control, now hidden away in some sprawling ruin, and getting to a rocket before a T-Rex can rip it apart...

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”