Just bought the pdf so I've some questions

Lambert

Re: Just bought the pdf so I've some questions

Postby Lambert » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:17 am

That would be quite exciting, the beggar who actually could run a spy ring with all his connections and the like.
Would make an interesting counterpoint to the traditional warrior, guild mage, blessed one, merchant and pastry chef party.

Warden

Postby Warden » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:34 am

Page 32 Encumbrance
So if a pc is wearing Leather armour (PRO 3/EL 1, MOV/INI -1) and had Inured to Encumbrance I, would he be classed as wearing Heavy/Winter clothing (EL 0)?

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:39 pm

Yes, that's right
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Warden

Postby Warden » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:25 pm

MadBeard wrote:Yes, that's right

Danke

Warden

Postby Warden » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:51 pm

Flash wrote:Well for example for when you try to use a New Application that you haven't spend APs for. Just because you don't have it doesn't mean that you can't at least try to do it. You just get at least a -3 penalty. The same is true for a trade secret.

So for example someone without the special ability Lip Reading (page 217) can still try to use Perception to read lips when the GM gives his agreement. He will just really suck (at least -3 Penalty) at it.

So by that reasoning, anyone attempting to remain active when suffering 4 levels of Pain (page 33), the character must make a Self-Control (Stay Conscious) check with a penalty of –4 and if they haven't paid AP for 'Stay Conscious', an application, they are rolling at -7?

Flash

Postby Flash » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:31 pm

Warden wrote:So by that reasoning, anyone attempting to remain active when suffering 4 levels of Pain (page 33), the character must make a Self-Control (Stay Conscious) check with a penalty of –4 and if they haven't paid AP for 'Stay Conscious', an application, they are rolling at -7?

Yes he could. As long as the GM thinks it is appropriate. As allowing someone to try this with a -3 penalty is his decision. (see box page 186)

As a GM in my games I might for example for example allow this if the person tries to protect something hugely important to him. Lets say a nearly deadly wounded parent trying to save his children from slavers or someone making his last stand to hold the enemies just long enough so that his comrades can escape and so on.

DreadDomain

Postby DreadDomain » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:54 pm

Speaking of skills, is there a chart somewhere describing whar a skill value means? How good are SR or 4, 8, 12, etc..? What is considered competent, professional, master, etc...

Flash

Postby Flash » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:24 pm

DreadDomain wrote:Speaking of skills, is there a chart somewhere describing whar a skill value means? How good are SR or 4, 8, 12, etc..? What is considered competent, professional, master, etc...

Well there is the one on page 39. The maximum skill value for the column might serve as a good gauge for this.

DreadDomain

Postby DreadDomain » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:00 pm

Flash wrote:
DreadDomain wrote:Speaking of skills, is there a chart somewhere describing whar a skill value means? How good are SR or 4, 8, 12, etc..? What is considered competent, professional, master, etc...

Well there is the one on page 39. The maximum skill value for the column might serve as a good gauge for this.

Hmmm... never thought of it that way but it works well enough. Thanks!

SR 0 to 4 - Inexperienced
SR 5 to 7 - Ordinary
SR 8 to 10 - Experienced
SR 11 to 13 - Competent
SR 14 to 16 - Masterly
SR 17 to 19 - Brilliant
SR 20 and up - Legendary
Last edited by DreadDomain on Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thrar

Postby Thrar » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:18 pm

Flash wrote:
Warden wrote:So by that reasoning, anyone attempting to remain active when suffering 4 levels of Pain (page 33), the character must make a Self-Control (Stay Conscious) check with a penalty of –4 and if they haven't paid AP for 'Stay Conscious', an application, they are rolling at -7?

Yes he could. As long as the GM thinks it is appropriate. As allowing someone to try this with a -3 penalty is his decision. (see box page 186)

As a GM in my games I might for example for example allow this if the person tries to protect something hugely important to him. Lets say a nearly deadly wounded parent trying to save his children from slavers or someone making his last stand to hold the enemies just long enough so that his comrades can escape and so on.

Stay Conscious is an application available to everyone by default (p192), as are all applications listed under each skill. The penalty is -4 only.

Return to “Rules Questions (TDE)”