What I'm doing differently

Gargoyle

What I'm doing differently

Postby Gargoyle » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:12 pm

The canon setting is great. I really love what U.S. has done with it. But I'm diverging hard in a couple of locations, probably toward the end of year one IMC:

Clockwork London is an event I'm working on. The idea is that a lieutenant of the Gaunt Man is plotting to ouse occult clockwork devices to flip London hard points to Orrorshan reality as a way to keep their eye on Uthorion and to demoralize Core Earth. But London Storm Knights aren't having that; if they succeed, the plot fails, but London's reality still changes to a reality inspired by Bloodshadows, the Dresden Files, and the Thief 2 game. The influence of Aysle, Orrorsh and the culture of London itself collide and it inadvertently creates Clockwork London, a steampunk flavored city of gothic horror, mysterious magic, and a new race of clockwork creatures.

Dr. Mobius needs more eternium and is looking to expand in unexpected directions, and so he invades Hong Kong. Kanawa and Core Earth forces never expected a reality bomb followed by massive mole machines coming up from below, or the cloaked zeppelin carriers from above. The Nile Empire reality in Hong Kong will allow for wuxia and wire-fu genre kung fu stories and the higher magic and spirit axioms brings to life Chinese myths and legends and give pulp martial arts a home. I plan to have the Storm Knights there for the invasion, and the Insidious Wu Han will leave Cairo for a new Governorship in Hong Kong, and establish his control through the criminal elements there as well.

What sort of things are you doing differently? Any new realities, or invasions that aren't in the canon?
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

ZorValachan

Re: What I'm doing differently

Postby ZorValachan » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:59 pm

I diverge drastically.
In my cosmverse, the Gaunt Man stumbled across OT's wars about 6 or so months into the invasion. He watched and took that info back. It allowed the High Lords to take out their biggest threats.

It's even darker than TE. Lost Land in Africa (land below like). Azteca formed because of Storm Knight mistakes,

Eastern and Western LL linked. Orrosh in indonesia and india. PP/LL mixed zone in Vegas (LA was gloried/stela ripped)
- Leamon Crafton Jr.
Infiniverse Exchange author:

The Paraverse: An entire alternate Cosmverse
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/237607/

The Knights of the Road: Archtypes designed as a Storm Knight group
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/228365/

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:24 pm

Does anyone have websites for their changes?

fougerec

Postby fougerec » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:35 pm

My changes so far are small, based on where my PCs Glory and where stela are removed. I'm laying seed to have Reiko be a fairly potent power behind the scenes, not just in Pan-Pacifica but overall. On par with or maybe even more malevolent than the Gaunt Man.

Given the love I have for Deadlands (and my players' love of it as well) I do plan to have a Deadlands cosm show up with Raven as the High Lord. Haven't worked out the details yet though.

ZorValachan

Postby ZorValachan » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:28 pm

Zackzenobi wrote:Does anyone have websites for their changes?

I have an Obsidian Portal page, but it has not been updated in a while. Knights of the Hart.
- Leamon Crafton Jr.

Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:38 pm

ZorValachan wrote:

I have an Obsidian Portal page, but it has not been updated in a while. Knights of the Hart.

How is Obsidian Portal? I was going to create a page there and it wasn't working for me at the time, buggy.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

ZorValachan

Postby ZorValachan » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:03 pm

Gargoyle wrote:
ZorValachan wrote:

How is Obsidian Portal? I was going to create a page there and it wasn't working for me at the time, buggy.

I like it. I have a subscription, because of my file sizes, but it makes a pretty handy wiki. My problem is my group doesn't visit it, so it got pointless. They pretty much think about playing all week long, but never actually read/prepare for anything until the game. the other GM and i have had to come to terms that after XP/level the next session will be mostly spent advancing characters.

If your players will use it, go for it. If not, consider it a vanity project
- Leamon Crafton Jr.

fougerec

Postby fougerec » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:38 pm

Not a website (we use a Facebook group) but I did take the day 90 Google map that Gargoyle did up, made a copy and now plot changes on that for our game. Adding to it as I see fit based on timelines in the Living Land Book and general info from the Beta Primer as well as occurrences in our game.

Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:09 pm

ZorValachan wrote:
Gargoyle wrote:
ZorValachan wrote:I have an Obsidian Portal page, but it has not been updated in a while. Knights of the Hart.

I like it. I have a subscription, because of my file sizes, but it makes a pretty handy wiki. My problem is my group doesn't visit it, so it got pointless. They pretty much think about playing all week long, but never actually read/prepare for anything until the game. the other GM and i have had to come to terms that after XP/level the next session will be mostly spent advancing characters.

If your players will use it, go for it. If not, consider it a vanity project

Ha, that's probably what it would become. I have a Google Plus community where I do write ups, and they keep asking me to update it then they don't visit it very often. They love the game and can't wait to play, but don't spend any time on it "in-between" which is fine. Will check out Obsidian Portal anyway, I think it might be useful to me anyway, I have everything in Google docs and it's not very organized.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:13 pm

ZorValachan wrote:I diverge drastically.
In my cosmverse, the Gaunt Man stumbled across OT's wars about 6 or so months into the invasion. He watched and took that info back. It allowed the High Lords to take out their biggest threats.

It's even darker than TE. Lost Land in Africa (land below like). Azteca formed because of Storm Knight mistakes,

Eastern and Western LL linked. Orrosh in indonesia and india. PP/LL mixed zone in Vegas (LA was gloried/stela ripped)

I figured you'd be the first to reply. :) I love that you have such a long running campaign, always dreamed of that!
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”