Aysle Timeline

Exploring the Storm

Aysle Timeline

Postby Exploring the Storm » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:58 am

Now that the Nile Empire Kickstarter has ended I am anticipating the Aysle previews. One thing I'm excited for is some information on the historical timeline of the Cosm. Understandably Eternity Sourcebooks are more focused on the Realms on Core Earth but I what I was wondering is how much of First Edition canon is going to be applicable, especially regarding Uthorians rule over the reality. Is it still 500 years or has that been altered? I was watching the "Save or Dice" playthrough and got the impression from Darrell that it was around 100 years.

Any information would be invaluable as it would help flush out some character backgrounds.

Thanks,
GM Kevin

TorgHacker

Re: Aysle Timeline

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:06 pm

Exploring the Storm wrote:Now that the Nile Empire Kickstarter has ended I am anticipating the Aysle previews. One thing I'm excited for is some information on the historical timeline of the Cosm. Understandably Eternity Sourcebooks are more focused on the Realms on Core Earth but I what I was wondering is how much of First Edition canon is going to be applicable, especially regarding Uthorians rule over the reality. Is it still 500 years or has that been altered? I was watching the "Save or Dice" playthrough and got the impression from Darrell that it was around 100 years.

Any information would be invaluable as it would help flush out some character backgrounds.

Thanks,
GM Kevin

It's 100 years. As for the Original Torg canon, it's reasonable to say that if it hasn't been explicitly contradicted, it should be okay.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Exploring the Storm

Postby Exploring the Storm » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:12 pm

Thanks for the quick response, Deanna. Appreciate the clarification.

GM Kevin

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:14 pm

I'm right there with you on looking for more Aysle info. I'm assuming I'll be able to press the Backer Archetype button in time. If course Darrell will probably tell me not to worry about it till I finish my Nile Backer Archetype. Lol

Sir Awesome

Postby Sir Awesome » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:21 am

I was also curious when the Aysle previews are going to start. We haven't gotten any new Torg news feeds on the main page since December.

Am I missing something?

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:26 am

Sir Awesome wrote:I was also curious when the Aysle previews are going to start. We haven't gotten any new Torg news feeds on the main page since December.

Am I missing something?

No. There's been some organizational changes that we're processing, so we've held off on starting those. But they should be starting pretty soon.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

mica

Postby mica » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:02 pm

Thratchen

Postby Thratchen » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:20 am

One question if I may, that might affect what I'm plotting right now. London is a hardpoint, but Heathrow Airport is rather a long way from the heart of the city. Is the hardpoint large enough to encompass the airport? Or are the terminals now home to Tumnus and Mr. Beaver?
Terminally ill peasants try to lay hands on him.
When he turns undead they refuse to leave... without his autograph.
The gods won't take him into the afterlife, because he would make them look bad.
He is... the Most Interesting Cleric In The World.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:37 am

Thratchen wrote:One question if I may, that might affect what I'm plotting right now. London is a hardpoint, but Heathrow Airport is rather a long way from the heart of the city. Is the hardpoint large enough to encompass the airport? Or are the terminals now home to Tumnus and Mr. Beaver?

To be determined. Gut feeling is probably not though.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Kuildeous

Postby Kuildeous » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:53 am

I have zero knowledge of Heathrow, but I imagine that it is an iconic enough building that part of the fun is presenting all the various changes to a structure that is known by many (but not me the ignorant American).
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”