Two Velociraptors?

Kuildeous

Two Velociraptors?

Postby Kuildeous » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:32 am

Hi there. I happened across the text for the Animal Companion in the Living Land sourcebook. It states that the perk may be taken multiple times to gain new companions, but the Storm Knight cannot have more than one of the same type.

But the Dinosaur Whisperer has the Wealthy perk, which allows the character to gain a second velociraptor as an animal companion. Is there some wiggle room for how the Wealthy perk is used? It's a creative use of the perk, but I'd like to know the thoughts behind it for my own campaign.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

utsukushi

Re: Two Velociraptors?

Postby utsukushi » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:51 am

The Ankylosaur and Velociraptor are both in the `gear list' for Beasts and Vehicles (Living Land p34), so it seems to just mean buying one of those. I'd assume if you used it to buy a second raptor, it wouldn't come with the added... er, perks, that you get with the Perk, like being able to spend your Possibilities through it.

Well, I say "like that", but basically I mean, that. It does seem like that one might be more likely to die than just be "incapacitated", but it also seems like you'd still have Wealthy and so could replace it. But the whole thing about Wealth and permanent gear is still very fuzzy to me so maybe not; maybe if that one dies it's just gone, but you could still replace it by rolling a 19 with your Streetwise. In fact, if you can do that, you could presumably build up a whole stable of Velociraptors since anything you get with Streetwise stays.

Kuildeous

Re: Two Velociraptors?

Postby Kuildeous » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:34 am

Ah, I had not considered the gear list. I may have focused too much on the "second animal companion" part, so I had blinders on.

I also know I don't have the final version of the archetypes, so I have to be wary of what is worded in this draft document.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”