Newly Minted Community Manager

USNA Jason Peck

Newly Minted Community Manager

Postby USNA Jason Peck » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:10 am

Greetings everyone!

I'm Jason Peck and I've just been hired to serve in the capacity of Community Manager for Wrath & Glory. Just as a quick intro, I love Wrath & Glory and the setting of 40k in general. I personally worked on the system a bit -- and hope to continue to do so -- but it is others at Ulisses that deserve the credit for this wonderful game. I look forward to seeing it grow and take on a life of its own in the years to come.

In the meantime, I'll be here chatting with all you fine fans, addressing any issues, concerns, or suggestions, and overall just doing my best to make sure that your voices are heard by the company at large. I'm not perfect, but I'll do my best to see to it that it all works smoothly.

So, let's hear all the cool stories of your adventures in the grim darkness of the 40th millennium.
Wrath & Glory Community Manager

Ilias Bethomael

Re: Newly Minted Community Manager

Postby Ilias Bethomael » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:52 pm

Hey there! No pressure, but I think there is already a lot for you to do here ^^
Courage and Honour!

USNA Jason Peck

Postby USNA Jason Peck » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:56 am

Ilias Bethomael wrote:Hey there! No pressure, but I think there is already a lot for you to do here ^^

Fair enough. Out of curiosity, what do you feel are the most pressing issues?

gribble

Postby gribble » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:07 am

USNA Jason Peck wrote:
Ilias Bethomael wrote:Hey there! No pressure, but I think there is already a lot for you to do here ^^

Welcome Jason!

I'm not Ilias, but for me at least the most pressing are:
1) The languishing state of the (badly needed) errata/FAQ, without any kind of update or ETA in months.
2) A lack of any kind of release schedule, or upcoming products, for the game.
3) For that matter, lack of *any* kind of updates or information about the game.

I mean W&G was unofficially released at GenCon - 6 months ago now - and officially released to pre-orders late last year / early this year. We're now almost in March, and we've had nothing but dead air since before Christmas.
At this point it seems like the game has basically been abandoned before launch... would be great to have some kind of update about what we can expect over the next 6-12 months for the game. Even if it's only "We'll update the errata and release 1 new product at GenCon each year - this year it's expansion XYZ, stay tuned for previews closer to August!"... I mean that would kind of suck as an update, but it'd still be better than we have right now.

USNA Jason Peck

Postby USNA Jason Peck » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:10 pm

gribble wrote:
USNA Jason Peck wrote:

Welcome Jason!

I'm not Ilias, but for me at least the most pressing are:
1) The languishing state of the (badly needed) errata/FAQ, without any kind of update or ETA in months.
2) A lack of any kind of release schedule, or upcoming products, for the game.
3) For that matter, lack of *any* kind of updates or information about the game.

I mean W&G was unofficially released at GenCon - 6 months ago now - and officially released to pre-orders late last year / early this year. We're now almost in March, and we've had nothing but dead air since before Christmas.
At this point it seems like the game has basically been abandoned before launch... would be great to have some kind of update about what we can expect over the next 6-12 months for the game. Even if it's only "We'll update the errata and release 1 new product at GenCon each year - this year it's expansion XYZ, stay tuned for previews closer to August!"... I mean that would kind of suck as an update, but it'd still be better than we have right now.

Hey Gribble, this is exactly what I was looking for. Having just come aboard, I'm still finding my feet and trying to get a feel for where we're at. I'll delve into these issues and see what I can do. I can say this though at this point -- the game is not abandoned and there are things planned on the horizon (some of which I even got to work on). Give me a while to see what I can do in way of tackling these issues. We'll get better if I can help it. Pretty sure that's why I was brought aboard.

gribble

Postby gribble » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:10 pm

USNA Jason Peck wrote:Hey Gribble, this is exactly what I was looking for. Having just come aboard, I'm still finding my feet and trying to get a feel for where we're at. I'll delve into these issues and see what I can do. I can say this though at this point -- the game is not abandoned and there are things planned on the horizon (some of which I even got to work on). Give me a while to see what I can do in way of tackling these issues. We'll get better if I can help it. Pretty sure that's why I was brought aboard.

Great to hear!
I don't honestly think the game has been abandoned - if nothing else that seems like a very bad move right after taking on what can't be a cheap licence. But the radio silence the last couple of months has been deafening (and it wasn't great before then either, but at least we could put that down to "everyone working hard to release the game").
My post was pretty critical, but it's nice to see things are being done to try and improve at least.

Ilias Bethomael

Postby Ilias Bethomael » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:06 am

USNA Jason Peck wrote:

Yeah, gribble already was spot on.

There are a lot of good questions with regards to the rules and in my opinion some of the answers made the situation even worse and imho they seemed more of the nature of work-arounds rather than solutions. Hence, to me, the "Errata/FAQ thread" is a complete mess.
Courage and Honour!

Thendoctor

Postby Thendoctor » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:44 am

USNA Jason Peck wrote:So, let's hear all the cool stories of your adventures in the grim darkness of the 40th millennium.

Hello Jason, I run the game that's called 'The Final Invasion of Fel Duran' in the Game Stories In and Out of Character (W&G) channel.

USNA Jason Peck wrote:Fair enough. Out of curiosity, what do you feel are the most pressing issues?

Ulisses communication has been...lax most of the time, and difficult to achieve at best when it comes to full clarifications from the developers in the "Rules Questions (W&G)" channel. I generally have to actually tag the two other Ulisses people I know of before I can get an answer, one being Eric the other being Verispex.

This translates not only to the Forum, but to the Facebook page for Wrath & Glory, which is where a lot of people still are. While they've said direct questions to the forums, that doesn't inherently bring people to the forums. Especially due to the low activity on the forum because there's little back and forth.

I suspect this issue is two-fold. One being that the game isn't around in retail yet so a large portion of the audience doesn't have it to play which which many people on facebook still question and we haven't exactly received much of an answer to beyond "Distributors".

The second issue being, well the lack of involvement in the forums when it initially launched at Gencon. There was a huge upsurge and then as developers didn't get back and forth going on the channels many people left. This community is pretty fractured, some are here (I even see oldguard from the FFG forums on here), some on Reddit in the r/40krpg subreddit, and some on Ordo Discordia. All three of these places along with Facebook hold components of your community that are all actively seeking engagement with the developers and news about the game.

Now to be fair I do my best in an unofficial capacity to keep up with news and spread it to Reddit and Discord, but that doesn't help for official answers.

It'd be nice to know what the dev team is up to. I suspect, given I gave them a decent sized list, that they're busy with getting errata in to the core and probably fixing some layout issues, but we don't officially know that. So, for the time being we have no real idea what's going on in an official capacity.

We've heard mention of the first supplement piece in the form of Imperium Nihilus, but we don't know a timetable on that either.

We just want to know what's going on (especially as it relates to Errata), and personally I'd like rules questions answered by devs or at least the go betweens. I don't mind community answers but at the end of the day those aren't official in any capacity.

USNA Jason Peck

Postby USNA Jason Peck » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:16 am

Thendoctor wrote:
USNA Jason Peck wrote:

It'd be nice to know what the dev team is up to. I suspect, given I gave them a decent sized list, that they're busy with getting errata in to the core and probably fixing some layout issues, but we don't officially know that. So, for the time being we have no real idea what's going on in an official capacity.

We've heard mention of the first supplement piece in the form of Imperium Nihilus, but we don't know a timetable on that either.

We just want to know what's going on (especially as it relates to Errata), and personally I'd like rules questions answered by devs or at least the go betweens. I don't mind community answers but at the end of the day those aren't official in any capacity.

Thendoctor, thank you for the input, I really appreciate it. As I said, I'm trying to get caught up and learn what's been going on. As of now, I can tell you that errata is being worked on and I'm looking into seeing if I can pin down when we can expect it exactly. Same is true regarding a more comprehensive list of upcoming products.

Thendoctor

Postby Thendoctor » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:02 am

USNA Jason Peck wrote:Thendoctor, thank you for the input, I really appreciate it. As I said, I'm trying to get caught up and learn what's been going on. As of now, I can tell you that errata is being worked on and I'm looking into seeing if I can pin down when we can expect it exactly. Same is true regarding a more comprehensive list of upcoming products.

Don't get me wrong either, I don't expect a "next tuesday guys". If any of that layout had to change from errata I expect it to be a bugbear of a thing. Which I get, layouts are horrible and doing a new layout is just as bad.

Even if the answer is "We've been trying to get the German version together" I can understand that as well. I would suspect such obligations given the nature of the relationship between Ulisses NA and Ulisses Spiele.

Just...no news is not good news in the case of rpg development lol. We had email updates pretty regularly (monthly) for a while, last update was December last I checked in my email. Even a paragraph of an update is better than no update.

Return to “Newcomer Introduction and FAQ (W&G)”