Informal preview of the Secrets of the Nile Empire and Religions of Core Earth PDFs

hawaiianbrian

Re: Informal preview of the Secrets of the Nile Empire and Religions of Core Earth PDFs

Postby hawaiianbrian » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:02 am

No, something a little more external. Deanna pointed out it was very "string cutty" :lol: :lol:

Atama

Re: Informal preview of the Secrets of the Nile Empire and Religions of Core Earth PDFs

Postby Atama » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:40 am

hawaiianbrian wrote:No, something a little more external. Deanna pointed out it was very "string cutty" :lol: :lol:

That’s a feature not a bug! :)
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:31 am

That is a design flaw that is Not inherent to the concept.

Screenshot_20190219-113050_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20190219-113050_Google.jpg (300.99 KiB) Viewed 1275 times

hawaiianbrian

Postby hawaiianbrian » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:51 am

Funny, that was the exact image Deanna shared for how to have a proper zeppelin aircraft carrier without it dangling precariously from guywires. :lol:

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:14 am

I got it from her months ago when I asked if the Nile SB could have a Zepellin Aircraft Carrier. She showed me this as something she used in Dystopian Wars.

It's the thing I'm most excited for about the Nile Empire!

I desperately want to have to sneak onboard to have to rescue someone or something. :D

Greymarch2000

Postby Greymarch2000 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:27 am

Now imagine it becoming possessed like a giant, flying, Walking God

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:48 pm

Zackzenobi wrote:I got it from her months ago when I asked if the Nile SB could have a Zepellin Aircraft Carrier. She showed me this as something she used in Dystopian Wars.

It's the thing I'm most excited for about the Nile Empire!

I desperately want to have to sneak onboard to have to rescue someone or something. :D

Unfortuantely I couldn't justify an art order with this as the subject in the Secrets PDF... so for now anyway, just imagine there's an Ankh instead of an Iron Cross.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:02 pm

I'm picturing it Blue with a Gold Ankh and golden trim.

Can you tell us who is in charge of it when Mobius is not on it?

Also the comment above does make wonder, as big as it is, there seems to be room for a Temple Chamber to perform Miracles. A full sized Temple would have an extra Axiom bump if I'm remembering correctly. That would make Blessing the planes prior to battle easier. This would also allow for a Walking God on the Zeppelin Aircraft Carrier. Which I dont think the characters would be expecting.

Thoughts?

QuarrelBlue

Postby QuarrelBlue » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:51 am

hawaiianbrian wrote:Funny, that was the exact image Deanna shared for how to have a proper zeppelin aircraft carrier without it dangling precariously from guywires. :lol:

Why the deck-on-top design didn't become popular in the Real Life? Was the deck too heavy? Did it make the airship prone to capsize?
(Knowing that lets us specify the required Weird-Science Solutions and make it look more "realistic" under the Nile Reality.)

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:39 am

QuarrelBlue wrote:Why the deck-on-top design didn't become popular in the Real Life? Was the deck too heavy? Did it make the airship prone to capsize?
(Knowing that lets us specify the required Weird-Science Solutions and make it look more "realistic" under the Nile Reality.)

That's an interesting question. I don't know if it would be physically possible or not in the real world, but I can think of plenty of reasons why nobody ever bothered trying. Dirigibles were tried for combat missions in WWI but were deemed too fragile to be practical. And so they were mainly used against subs or in non-combat roles in the World Wars. A dirigible carrier would be a juicy, high-value target, and how do you keep enemy fighters from tearing it apart?

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”