Character Questionnaire

Greymarch2000

Re: Character Questionnaire

Postby Greymarch2000 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:09 pm

I really enjoyed the Storm Knights Guide (I think that's what it was called?) in oTorg which was essentially an extended character creation book that asked a lot of similar questions.

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:43 pm

Greymarch2000 wrote:I really enjoyed the Storm Knights Guide (I think that's what it was called?) in oTorg which was essentially an extended character creation book that asked a lot of similar questions.

I was thinking of creating a character generator like Traveller or CyberPunk 2020 or Space Opera.

The player rolls for life events, getting skills adds and a perk along the way, special equipment or collaborative stories, siblings and parents anything to backfill the character and bring them to life. The great thing would be the need to do it 7 times for each realm!
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

Kuildeous

Postby Kuildeous » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:06 am

Hmm, I wonder what would happen if you shuffle all the cosm cards together and lay them out Tarot-style to create a background for your character?

Say for example, you draw cards in this order.
Starting Cosm: Welcome to our World
Childhood Factor: Kneel!
Recent Events: Lights Out
Fears: Is that a Bite?
Hopes: Escalation
Views on Others: Loot the Body
Views on Self: Suddenly…

So maybe this character is a Core Earther who never really stood up for himself because they were always bullied by siblings or classmates. In college, they accidentally got locked overnight in a walk-in fridge during a power failure and developed an irrational fear of the dark. Their greatest fear is to get terminally ill, and the jiangshi outbreak on the news really freaks them out. Despite the seeming hopelessness of the Possibility Wars, they always think the cavalry is coming. Contrary to their idealized notion of the cavalry, however, they tend to view other people as something to be used. Everyone has a use. They feel like they lived a stagnated life before the Possibility Wars, and this is a chance for revision by learning to be more spontaneous and take more risks.

Hmm, this silly little idea is growing on me.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”