Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

TorgHacker

Re: Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:38 pm

Kreltorr wrote:Regarding the Cyberware sensory enhancements, is it just one per replaced organ or up to 3 as it was in the original Torg? My character currently has two visual enhancements, it that the maximum ( without having socketed ones that could be switched out)?

No limits except for the "one of every kind" and your allowance.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

pkitty

Postby pkitty » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:45 pm

I'm not really getting the cyber-eye socket thing. Why would I want to pay extra to have to switch out my eyes instead of just getting multiple upgrades to my eyes? What's the advantage of having a separate set of BellTrack eyes and BellScan eyes as opposed to just getting the BellTrack and BellScan upgrades together?
Our group's Torg Eternity wiki page
  • House rules, indexes of all perks/spells/etc, form-fillable character sheet, and more

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:58 pm

pkitty wrote:I'm not really getting the cyber-eye socket thing. Why would I want to pay extra to have to switch out my eyes instead of just getting multiple upgrades to my eyes? What's the advantage of having a separate set of BellTrack eyes and BellScan eyes as opposed to just getting the BellTrack and BellScan upgrades together?

<Augra>

Augra can think of several reasons to pop your eye out!!!!!

</Augra>

#DarkCrystal

Edit: You know what? Now that I'm looking at it, I think that's a hold over when we did have limits to how many installs you can have in your eyes.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

johntfs

Postby johntfs » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:37 pm

Am I missing the bit that tells exactly how having non-hacked Cyberwear screws with the person who has it?

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:50 pm

johntfs wrote:Am I missing the bit that tells exactly how having non-hacked Cyberwear screws with the person who has it?

Sanctioned Cyberware. Page 29.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

pkitty

Postby pkitty » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:10 pm

TorgHacker wrote:<Augra>

Augra can think of several reasons to pop your eye out!!!!!

</Augra>

Hehehe...

Edit: You know what? Now that I'm looking at it, I think that's a hold over when we did have limits to how many installs you can have in your eyes.

Cool, so does that mean those might get replaced with 1-2 snippets from the cutting-room floor? :)

(Just wishful thinking!)
Our group's Torg Eternity wiki page
  • House rules, indexes of all perks/spells/etc, form-fillable character sheet, and more

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:15 pm

I didn't actually cut a snipet out of the Cyberware section...had to cut two whole pages. And actually I realized that I didn't put a Disfavored sidebar in this so that's probably what'll go in there.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

johntfs

Postby johntfs » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:50 pm

TorgHacker wrote:
johntfs wrote:Am I missing the bit that tells exactly how having non-hacked Cyberwear screws with the person who has it?

Sanctioned Cyberware. Page 29.

Okay, I kind of get it. If you're a Storm Knight or resistance Ord with Sactioned Cyberwear, the Church hunts you down and kills you/drags you off for torture/conversion within minutes. Still, I admit that I'd like some kind of system to represent "hacked" cyberwear, because that's also a thing. A Perk gives you Cyberwear that's fully clean, safely installed and works perfectly, Mishaps/Cosm Cards/etc. aside. Sanctioned Cyberwear means your first adventure is about getting rid of and/or replacing the sanctioned cyberwear.

It just seems like there's story space in the idea that for the most part you really can't tell much of a difference between hacked cyberwear and "hacked" cyberwear. It's not like you can tell the Delphi Council, "Hey it's cool. I know this stuff is clean because I spent a 13 XP Perk on it."

In truth I'm really thinking about just doing away with Cyberwear Perks entirely except at character creation and then with the idea that players can trade those Perks out for other Perks. Cyberwear can be something that's bought with money or given as payment/favors from the Resistance. As a balancer I'll bring back the Cyber Value. Every $5000 worth of Cyberwear gives 1 point of Cyber. On a Mishap/Setback the player makes a Spirit test against the Cyber value. Fallure on that test lower Spirit by 1. A Mishap lowers it by two. A Spirit reduced below 5 means the character is a soulless machine and/or the Church has taken him/downloaded an alternate personality into AKA out of the game as per failing Corruption checks.

Also, I really like Disability, but I'm going to make it a 0 cost Perk. It's basically a permanent Cosm Card by which you get Possibilities in exchange for suffering risky disadvantages. I don't think you should have to pay XP for that.
Last edited by johntfs on Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yoric

Postby Yoric » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:56 pm

Should we report all the "page xxx" in the text or is it already known that they all show up as "page xxx"?

Yoric

Postby Yoric » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:12 pm

TorgHacker wrote:Setting this up for the inevitable questions once the Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview is released tomorrow.

Regarding Exorcisms:

• Fatigue makes entire sense, but what's the narrative cause and appearance of Vulnerable and Wound? Is it that the exorcist is thrown through the room and onto the wall by the sheer evil of the possessing demon, or is it a risk of aneurysm, or the wounds inflicted onto the possessed's soul that are somehow turned into physical wounds for the exorcist, etc.?
  • "If the exorcist completes Step D, the possession is ended, and the spirit or demon is banished for a year and a day." What does "banish" mean here? Is it the kind of banished that will let the spirit try again on another victim within five minutes or one that will cripple them and/or remove them from this plane for a year and a day?
  • "If the exorcist fails to complete Step D in five rounds, the possession can only be ended through the death of the host." So nobody else can try and exorcise the possessor? Sounds like the best way for a demon to take complete possession of a body is to find a really, really bad exorcist and have them fumble through possession. Is that right?
  • Is there a way to perform an anti-exorcism? Say, trap the possessor in their current body? I mean, just in case Jean Malraux has any immortal enemy just next door who might have a little bit too much fun body-crashing. Just saying :)

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”