Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

pkitty

Re: Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

Postby pkitty » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:45 am

The cybernetics Combat Package and Cyborg Package overlap in that both include the Compte CyberSkel. What happens if I want both?

A1) I pay $5,000 less for the second install, get benefits from both, and the fact that I have two CyberSkels is just handwaved/ignored.

A2) As A1, but I have to pay full price for the second install.

B1) I pay $5,000 less for the second install and I lose the +1 Toughness from the Combat Package (lose the lesser benefit).

B2) As B1, but I have to pay full price for the second install.

C1) I pay $5,000 less for the second install and my Strength increase from the Cyborg Package drops to +1 (lose the greater benefit).

C2) As C1, but I have to pay full price for the second install.

D) I can't do this (booo, boring).

E) Something else (inconceivable!).
Our group's Torg Eternity wiki page
  • House rules, indexes of all perks/spells/etc, form-fillable character sheet, and more

Yoric

Postby Yoric » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:42 am

The rules about Cyberware removal are interesting, but I imagine that they're not telling everything. Removing a CyberEye won't restore your eye and removing your Cyber heart will simply kill you no matter how well you roll the dice, right?

I suspect that this should be mentioned somewhere.

cloudshaper2k

Postby cloudshaper2k » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:48 am

johntfs wrote:Honestly, the "possession is permanent" bit seems a little "anti-TORG." TORG seems a game built on hope. Desperate, unlikely hope, but still hope. Plus it kind of kills off the story hook of "The local priest tried to exorcise the demon but failed. We pray you can do better." I think a better consequence of a failed exorcism might be the permanent loss of an add in Faith or Alteration Magic depending on which method was used (which means the possible loss of access to spells/miracle if Faith or Alt Magic fall below their skill minimums). I'd recommend that even if Faith/Alt. Magic falls to 0 that the GM still allow the use of Miracles and Spells just using the base Attribute.

Plot complication: The local 'priest' faked it and is the one who summoned the demon into the victim in the first place. :twisted:

pkitty

Postby pkitty » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:53 am

QuarrelBlue wrote:
pkitty wrote:I'm not really getting the cyber-eye socket thing. Why would I want to pay extra to have to switch out my eyes instead of just getting multiple upgrades to my eyes? What's the advantage of having a separate set of BellTrack eyes and BellScan eyes as opposed to just getting the BellTrack and BellScan upgrades together?
TorgHacker wrote:Edit: You know what? Now that I'm looking at it, I think that's a hold over when we did have limits to how many installs you can have in your eyes.

It seems like to be intended for cybereyes with automatic drawback, like CSI RobeEye, and ones come out of wearer's body and work there, like CSI Eyebomb.

*)And what is "Eyebomb upgrade"? Is Eyebomb an upgrade which needs existing cybereye to put explosive in?
*)CSI Socket Upgrade for CSI Eyebomb must be paid separately, so they cost $1500 just to be a concealed grenade which isn't suicidal, right?
*)Can you use Eyebomb without losing the other visual implants in that eye?
(You can put the other visual implants into the other eye from the beginning, but some may want to keep a natural eye for some reason, and there may be characters with Eyebombs in both eyes.)
*)I thought of FFO CamEye(which in mentioned at TSE HUD entry) for another example of cybereyes working outside the body, but where is it?

Okay, so the Eyebomb is pretty much the ONLY reason why we need rules for removable eyes . . . but is it really necessary to come up with complex add-ons and modifiers for this?

I would love to see the CSI Socket and CSI Socket Upgrade deleted and instead replaced with a single sentence added to the paragraph on visual cyberware: "If necessary, cybereyes can be removed from their sockets or reinserted as an action." So much simpler!
  • House rules, indexes of all perks/spells/etc, form-fillable character sheet, and more

cloudshaper2k

Postby cloudshaper2k » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:00 am

TSE Cybergunner (p. 32): Does firing the vehicle weapons take the place of the character firing a personal weapon or can they fire both a pistol and the vehicle weapons as a Multi-Action?

pkitty

Postby pkitty » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:13 am

Designer intent question: How are drone-controller characters intended to start with drones?

Are drones considered "cyberware"? They're in that chapter, but I'm confused as to why because they, well, aren't cyberware. Is the idea that it's RAW legal to spend money out of your cyberware budget on them? Or do you need to be Wealthy as well?

It seems prohibitively pricey that I need to spend $22K if I want to be able to summon any of the three kinds of drones, especially considering how cheap the actual hardlight emitters are. Any consideration to dropping the prices a bit, or is there a design reason why having multiple types of drones is intentionally out of the reach of PCs?

Savioronedge

Postby Savioronedge » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:33 pm

EXORCiST
• Prereq: At least three adds in faith, at least one add in scholar, and knowledge of the banish miracle.
, even if the priest does not know the banish miracle or have the required skill. If the priest does know banish, the invocation is Favored. Invoking banish in this manner has a range of Touch.

There is a mismatch here. I wanted to get designer input before making a report.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:48 pm

QuarrelBlue wrote:
And what is "Eyebomb upgrade"? Is Eyebomb an upgrade which needs existing cybereye to put explosive in?

It's a grenade. That's a cybereye.

CSI Socket Upgrade for CSI Eyebomb must be paid separately, so they cost $1500 just to be a concealed grenade which isn't suicidal, right?

If you don't want to get it, nobody's forcing you to.

Can you use Eyebomb without losing the other visual implants in that eye?

No, it's intended to be the only enhancement in that eye, but it can be replaced in the next Act if you're in Cyberpapacy. I'll make a note to add that to the description.

You can put the other visual implants into the other eye from the beginning, but some may want to keep a natural eye for some reason, and there may be characters with Eyebombs in both eyes.)

Yes.

I thought of FFO CamEye(which in mentioned at TSE HUD entry) for another example of cybereyes working outside the body, but where is it?

Was cut. Not needed because of how the TSE Recorder works.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:00 pm

QuarrelBlue wrote:I'm working on some Gears, but...

Actually, which guns are Firearms, Energy Weapons, or Heavy Weapons? Some may think it's obvious, but I have seen a GodMeeter(which I believe to be a Firearm) ruled as an Energy Weapon TWICE and now have no trust on "the common sense" at all.

No, it's a firearm. If it's a laser or plasma ranged weapon it's energy weapons, unless it's a heavy weapon (which are usually vehicle mounted).

Does GWI HallowMesh completely outdate Plexiflex Sheathing?
GWI HallowMesh 24 +3 400 (12) Can be concealed under clothing
Plexiflex Sheathing 24 +3 450 (13) 10 May be concealed under clothing.

No, I thought I'd differentiated those two but I obviously didn't.

The table says TL Liberté cancels Painful weapons, but the text says it protects the wearer from "Painful electrical weapons". Is it useless against non-electeical Painful weapons like Living Land Redthorn Whip? Was Tharkold Pain Gauntlet electrical?
(It seems like it is intended to be against Cyberpapal electrical weapons, but making it effective against any kind of Painful attacks makes future bookkeeping a lot easier.)

MIght just dump it.

MAS Herod IV use a SmartGun attachment which comes standard, but does it mean the cost of SmartGun attachment is included in the price of the gun itself? and, does "taking advantage of the attachment" or "firing with SmartGun feed" require some visual gear like Eyekill or PureSight Glasses, which doesn't exist on Tech 25?

Yes, it's included in the price. As for taking advantage of it:

From the corebook:

"Smartgun attachement: Has no effect on its own
other than to allow the use of smart ammunition
(page 159) with the weapon. The attachment
records footage of the weapon’s targets, and a
connected cyber eye (see Cyberware, page 160)
also sees through the weapon’s sensors."

MAS SmartGun Attachment text says "devices or cyberware that interface with SmartGun features (such as the BelleView 20-20 Cyber Eye and TL PureSight Glasses)", but does Belle 20-20 have SmartGun interface, not EyeKill? How about TSE HUD cybereye and Augmented Reality HUD? And, first of all, what kind of advantage comes from "seeing through the weapon sights"?

When examples are given, unless it specifies that the list is exhaustive, it is not exhaustive.

As for the advantage...say, like sticking the gun around a corner.

Vehicles table has "GWI Javelin Anti-Aircraft Vehicle", but in the text Anti-Aircraft Vehicle is "GWI Icarus". which is wrong, or are they separate vehicles?
(In my humble opinion, both doesn't sound very cyberpapal either.)

It's the Icarus.

There is Peugeot Seraphim hypersonic VTOL, but no game stat on the table.

The Wrath Cyberdeck has "Flesh App: xxx".

Cyberpapacy Possibility Energy symbol says Aysle.

For these, please use the error reporting link. The reason we use that is so I don't have to go through the book and find out that I've already made the corrections.

Champion For God Perk is said to be for Knight Templar and Hospitalers, but actual Hospitaler in Threat section doesn't have it, and the threat actually using it is a Cyberknight. Is that right?
(Maybe the Hospitaler in threat section represent the variety with more mundane gear, which can be downgraded to be a hero with Wealthy and Cyberware Implant Perks, with no Miracle...)

Named Hospitalers are more likely to use it. It's not universal.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:01 pm

pkitty wrote:The cybernetics Combat Package and Cyborg Package overlap in that both include the Compte CyberSkel. What happens if I want both?

I'll remove it from the Combat Package.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”