Hello, TORGiees.

Ange Gardien

Hello, TORGiees.

Postby Ange Gardien » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:46 am

Excuse me, I'm French ...
I forgot to introduce myself.
So, here I am, an old timer, and I discovered Torg 25 years ago ...
This is one of my favorite games with Shadowrun and Savage Worlds (especially the setting Necessary Evil).
I had fun mixing elements of these three favorite games in one recently through a few well-traveled journeys in different cosms ...
Recently dad, I hope that the first play of my son will be Torg. I still have a few years ahead of me.
I must also confess that I love heroes ...
And that I will always give a little more than the rules in a game.
I have not yet decided whether the characters in my current campaign (Necessary Evil ) would reincarnate in their Torg 's duplicate (reincarnation) or whether I would actually carry their characters into this universe or if it' s the Necessary Evil's Universe which would be invaded by the lords of possibilities.
The future is uncertain.
The GM (me) haven't decided yet...
A darkness device in three parts is the mc Guffin of my current Necessary Evil Breakout campaign. I'm planning on creating a High Lord of Necessary Evil Earth (one more cosm to hit the fan with his load of crap, somewhere on earth, New York, I was thinking).

TorgHacker

Re: Hello, TORGiees.

Postby TorgHacker » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:08 am

Welcome!

And nobody should apologize for knowing more than one language fluently. :-)
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Ange Gardien

Postby Ange Gardien » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:04 pm

Oooh.. I cheated. I used Google trad, and the I went on changing the 20 % of crap.

Stormchild

Postby Stormchild » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:29 pm

Just for your kid soon to be a Torg player: One of the many ideas for Con adventures I intend to run is a group of boy (or girl) scouts that are out in the woods in England when the invasion starts. They have less attributes than adults and a different set of skills based on the boy scout handbook represented by printed copies of the badges. Of course, if they transform they will get magic skills and their moment of crisis will give them the reality skill. It will be a game of clever planning instead of plain skill use. I played something similar in Space 1889. A bunch of kids on a steamboat in the canals of Mars. The boat was hijacked and the kids fought the kidnappers. As the kids had lower skill levels than the bandits (and Space 1889 has no Poss) the players had to rely solely on their wits. In the end the kidnappers were begging the police to put them away.
I don't make things complicated. That's the way they get, all by themselves.

Ange Gardien

Postby Ange Gardien » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:03 pm

I never ever liked kids as PCs.
I have issues with my suspension of disbelief when someone play a kid.
I don't see why a kid should be adventuring in other places that kids related stories.
The england scouts are a good idea.
But it goes the same with french scouts (oh a miracle) :) Or american scouts (oh a dinosaur)
I have many years ahead of me... My son is only two months old :)
Last edited by Ange Gardien on Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

blackwind1kaze

Postby blackwind1kaze » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:01 pm

It really depends on the storytelling/adventure. In storm child's example, it would be a perfect setting for kids (note that most people when thinking of kids think of middle schoolers and up, or *really* intelligent young kids [like Rabbitball, lol].)

I'm one for allowing it in some games but again, only if it really can fit the story.
I don't always GM, but when i do, I go out in style :ugeek:

Rabbitball

Postby Rabbitball » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:48 pm

blackwind1kaze wrote:It really depends on the storytelling/adventure. In storm child's example, it would be a perfect setting for kids (note that most people when thinking of kids think of middle schoolers and up, or *really* intelligent young kids [like Rabbitball, lol].)

I'm one for allowing it in some games but again, only if it really can fit the story.

Allow me to clarify my nephew's statement about me. He's referring to me having been intelligent as a kid, not that I'm a kid now. :roll:
Dominick Riesland, aka Rabbitball
Co-author, Aysle Sourcebook for Torg Eternity
Creator of the Cosmversal Grimoire
"Those who will not follow are doomed to lead"—Anarchist, Magic: the Gathering

Ange Gardien

Postby Ange Gardien » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:03 am

I made a grammatical mistake (error ?)...
It was than child's stories not that.
And I forgot a sentence ...
Playing children in children's stories, there, yes, stranger times like stories, ok, with adults from time to time ... Yes, yes ... That's why the scouts are a good idea...
Dunno why I forgot that.
It's really the idea of an adult playing a child in a tough rpg that bothers me...
The suspension of disbelief is harder. Unless the kid has super powers.

I can use kids as NPCs when it enhances the story

ZeDiac

Postby ZeDiac » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:08 am

Hi Ange Gardien !
Nice to hear you want to introduce your child to Torg as soon as possible :D
I totally understand ;)
I hope we'll meet one day in a con for instance !
"Storm is coming"

Stormchild

Postby Stormchild » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:09 pm

I already GMed adventures with the kids of players I played with when we were kids. Yes, I am that old.
I don't make things complicated. That's the way they get, all by themselves.

Return to “Newcomer Introduction and FAQ (TORG)”