Old TORG Boxed Set Rulebook PDF?

JohnK

Old TORG Boxed Set Rulebook PDF?

Postby JohnK » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:19 pm

Hullo, folks,

While talking about the old TORG books and their publication order, this came up in a post from Kuildeous.

Kuildeous wrote:Fortunately, I stumbled across a review of Torg products at:
http://rpgreview.net/files/rpgreview_6.pdf

While reading through the entry on the main TORG boxed set, it mentions there were three books, the Rulebook, the Worldbook, and the Adventure Book. In the TORG PDF bundle that came down as part of the Kickstarter, I haven't seen a copy of the Rulebook. Does anyone have a copy of this book? Or perhaps one of the Ulisses Spiele NA team could send one down to me at my e-mail address?

Thanks, in advance. :)
=====
"They're High Lords, for God's sake! You can't just walk up to one and say, "How you doing? Feel like dying now?" you know!" - Abraham Horowitz, priest

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

fougerec

Re: Old TORG Boxed Set Rulebook PDF?

Postby fougerec » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:43 pm

I'm not sure if there was ever a pdf of the original rulebook from the boxed set.

Rabbitball

Postby Rabbitball » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:56 pm

There is such a thing. I found one a long time ago on an old BitTorrent, and still have it, but I don't remember where I got it from.
Dominick Riesland, aka Rabbitball
Creator of the Cosmversal Grimoire
"Those who will not follow are doomed to lead"—Anarchist, Magic: the Gathering
Invertebrate punster—spinelessly unable to resist making a pun. "So slug me!"

JohnK

Postby JohnK » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:43 pm

Hullo, Rabbitball,

Rabbitball wrote:There is such a thing. I found one a long time ago on an old BitTorrent, and still have it, but I don't remember where I got it from.

Hmm, makes me wonder why it wasn't used for the PDF series that the folks at US NA put together for us. Would have liked to have had the PDF of the boxed set complete. Oh, well...
=====
"They're High Lords, for God's sake! You can't just walk up to one and say, "How you doing? Feel like dying now?" you know!" - Abraham Horowitz, priest

JohnK

Kuildeous

Postby Kuildeous » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:11 pm

Oh, I hadn't even looked completely through my PDFs. I didn't realize the main rulebook isn't in there. That's odd.

Was it basically replaced with Torg 1.5 then? I can understand if it was, but yeah, having the original would be fun.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

JohnK

Postby JohnK » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:07 pm

Hullo, Kuildeous,

Kuildeous wrote:Oh, I hadn't even looked completely through my PDFs. I didn't realize the main rulebook isn't in there. That's odd.

Was it basically replaced with Torg 1.5 then? I can understand if it was, but yeah, having the original would be fun.

Yeah, definitely odd.

And to be honest, if I was running old TORG these days, I would run it with the boxed set (if I actually had that intact with the Drama Deck), as I remember not being overly thrilled with some of the rules introduced in v1.5.

So I just have to hope that there's a PDF of the original Rulebook out there somewhere, and someone with stronger Google-Fu than I will find it. :)
=====

JohnK

Lime2K

Postby Lime2K » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:11 pm

I made a PDF of my 1E box set that was falling apart, and would be happy to provide it to Ulisses so they can add it to the DTRPG rulebook for everyone. :D
I can absolutely certify it is my own personal scan (and have the 1200 DPI TIFF files to prove it, although they were downsampled to 300 DPI for not-running-out-of-tablet-memory reasons :mrgreen: )

JohnK

Postby JohnK » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:47 pm

Hullo, Lime2K,

Lime2K wrote:I made a PDF of my 1E box set that was falling apart, and would be happy to provide it to Ulisses so they can add it to the DTRPG rulebook for everyone. :D
I can absolutely certify it is my own personal scan (and have the 1200 DPI TIFF files to prove it, although they were downsampled to 300 DPI for not-running-out-of-tablet-memory reasons :mrgreen: )

That would be terrific, and I hope the folks at USNA take you up on this. :)
=====

JohnK

Jetstream

Postby Jetstream » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:30 am

JohnK wrote:Hullo, Rabbitball,

Rabbitball wrote:There is such a thing. I found one a long time ago on an old BitTorrent, and still have it, but I don't remember where I got it from.

Hmm, makes me wonder why it wasn't used for the PDF series that the folks at US NA put together for us. Would have liked to have had the PDF of the boxed set complete. Oh, well...

He found it on BitTorrent. It almost certainly wasn't an official product, it would've likely been a scan.

So the reason US didn't use it is because they probably don't have one.

Rabbitball

Postby Rabbitball » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:18 pm

Exactly. It appears the entire Boxed Set (Rulebook, World Book, Adventure Book) aren't there, but they were in the BitTorrent. So I am willing to send copies of what I have if Ulisses wants them. (They may want to edit some of the bookmarks out that beg for money though).
Dominick Riesland, aka Rabbitball
Creator of the Cosmversal Grimoire
"Those who will not follow are doomed to lead"—Anarchist, Magic: the Gathering
Invertebrate punster—spinelessly unable to resist making a pun. "So slug me!"

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”