Natural Leader VS. Leadership Card

Zackzenobi

Natural Leader VS. Leadership Card

Postby Zackzenobi » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:58 pm

Natural Leader costs a Possibility but doesnt refill your hand the way the Card does. If I have to pay a Possibility shouldn't I at least get to refill my hand also?

utsukushi

Re: Natural Leader VS. Leadership Card

Postby utsukushi » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:05 pm

Natural Leader can be used over and over whenever you feel like it. A Possibility is frankly worth a little less than a card. Possibilities are pretty easy to come by in Eternity, by design.

There are two Leadership cards in the deck, and yes, they're considered good enough to Master Plan, but then you have to have and use that. It's a much more limited resource. They definitely don't need to be equal.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:35 pm

Zackzenobi wrote:Natural Leader costs a Possibility but doesnt refill your hand the way the Card does. If I have to pay a Possibility shouldn't I at least get to refill my hand also?

Even if it didn't do anything other than refill your hand, spending a Possibility to do that would be overpowered. You basically wouldn't ever have to do Approved Actions again.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

lurkingowl

Postby lurkingowl » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:33 am

Leadership is borderline broken, especially with Lead from the Front and a little pre combat trading. Being able to set up for Glory results on turn one, outside of normal turn order, is amazing. Generating multiple cards on to of that would be completely over the top.

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”