DISREGARD Re: Range and LOS of spells etc.

TorgHacker

Re: DISREGARD Re: Range and LOS of spells etc.

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:55 am

vaminion wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:Okay, to be clear, the breaking LoS doesn't _force_ the Concentration test. You only check the LoS requirement when a Concentration test is made. This avoids the "I duck behind a rock" tactic.

I was thinking something like the bad guy drops a smoke bomb between me and Bob and then shoots me or something.

As long as you can see him, you're okay. If he's able to shoot you, chances are, you're able to see him too.

Does Telekinesis end? I'm assuming not given the wording on it.

No, it doesn't.

Presumably combining Cloud Mind and an attack roll would also end a Concentration power targeting the psi.

As long as the attack came from someone else and did damage. If it comes from the psi manifesting Cloud Mind, then they're revealed. If the attack didn't do damage (or an interaction attack didn't succeed) then there's no Concentration test so no ending of the effect.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Sir Awesome

Postby Sir Awesome » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:01 pm

Why would TK not end. If you can no longer see Bob and a Conc check is forced. I would assume that by current raw that the TK would end and Bob would be dropped.

Where is my assumption incorrect?

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:10 pm

Sir Awesome wrote:Why would TK not end. If you can no longer see Bob and a Conc check is forced. I would assume that by current raw that the TK would end and Bob would be dropped.

Maybe, but I would assume how TK would work, you would need to be able to 'feel' how much pressure you're exertion on something so you don't break it or drop it (like you do with lifting your phone with you hands). If you can feel that pressure, why would not being able to see it mean you can no longer 'touch' it. You don't drop your phone just because you close your eyes (if you do, I apologise now for being insensitive to this debilitating affliction).
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

vaminion

Postby vaminion » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:18 pm

Sir Awesome wrote:Why would TK not end. If you can no longer see Bob and a Conc check is forced. I would assume that by current raw that the TK would end and Bob would be dropped.

My understanding is that TK is an effect that is active on the psychic that allows them to move things with their mind. For example, if I activate the power on round 1 I can fly on round 2, grab a gem on round 3, and levitate Bob up to Dr. Evil's window on round 4. If I lose LoS to Bob then I cannot levitate him anymore, but the power itself is still active because I always have LoS to myself.

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:25 pm

vaminion wrote:

My understanding is that TK is an effect that is active on the psychic that allows them to move things with their mind. For example, if I activate the power on round 1 I can fly on round 2, grab a gem on round 3, and levitate Bob up to Dr. Evil's window on round 4. If I lose LoS to Bob then I cannot levitate him anymore, but the power itself is still active because I always have LoS to myself.

On a pedantic note... do you have LOS on yourself? If you look away from your body, you can't see any part of yourself anymore, QED you would drop like a brick.

Which is probably why this thread should be disregarded as per the title.
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:46 pm

vaminion wrote:

Your understanding is correct.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Sir Awesome

Postby Sir Awesome » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:29 pm

Ok does that mean that I can cast Tk on other Psi characters to allow them to move things with their mind? No where does it say that it is self only.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:45 pm

Sir Awesome wrote:Ok does that mean that I can cast Tk on other Psi characters to allow them to move things with their mind? No where does it say that it is self only.

No. While I can see a rules lawyer-y argument that the first paragraph implies that this could be manfiested on "a psi" as in "any" psi...

this is not a legal document. :-)
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”