8 Discounts on 8 Million Gods for 8/8

dchart

8 Discounts on 8 Million Gods for 8/8

Postby dchart » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:59 am

Here's a link for a special discount on 8 Million Gods. If you follow this link, you should be able to buy it for $2.95, rather than its normal price of $5.95. That's less than half price! (Just barely.)

(Link deleted because all the discounts have been used, so it would simply fail to work.)

There are a few reasons for doing this. First, DTRPG recently made some new promotion tools available to us, and I want to try them out. Thus, this may completely fail to work, because this is the first time I've done it.

Second, all the numbers line up! It is 8/8, there are 8 Million Gods, and the discount is set to be usable 8 times (again, assuming that I have understood the system correctly).

Third, I think eight sales of 8MG will push it over the line to Copper Bestseller status, and I want to see whether that happens, and whether that makes a difference to future sales. (If eight sales do not do the trick, the discount may well be quietly extended for a couple more sales, but eight should be enough.) The discounts do not expire today, they just start today, but they will run out, so don't wait if you are interested.

Feel free to share the link with anyone you like; even if it's broken and accidentally allows thousands of people to buy at this price... I won't mind, because thousands of people will have bought it. ;)

Let's see what happens here. Do let me know if you have any problems with it.
Last edited by dchart on Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thatguy

Re: 8 Discounts on 8 Million Gods for 8/8

Postby thatguy » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:35 am

I bought a copy, I just won't be able to read and comment on it for the next week as I'm going on a camping trip with the family.

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:26 pm

I bought it at full price and it was worth every penny!

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:29 pm

I brought one of the discounted ones today.
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

dchart

Postby dchart » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:10 pm

Spatula wrote:I bought it at full price and it was worth every penny!

Very glad to hear that you think so! Thank you.

pkitty

Postby pkitty » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:08 pm

Well, you definitely enticed me to check this out. And I noticed An Edeinos in Core Earth while I was there, so I figured may as well treat this more as a "buy one get one free" discount and grab both. :)
Our group's Torg Eternity wiki page
  • House rules, indexes of all perks/spells/etc, form-fillable character sheet, and more

dchart

Postby dchart » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:47 pm

pkitty wrote:Well, you definitely enticed me to check this out. And I noticed An Edeinos in Core Earth while I was there, so I figured may as well treat this more as a "buy one get one free" discount and grab both. :)

I like the way you think! Thank you.

dchart

Postby dchart » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:57 pm

All the discounts have been used, and this has pushed 8 Million Gods over the line to a Copper Bestseller. So, the first part of the experiment was complete success, thank you.

I will be interested to see whether this makes any difference to its long-term sales, but this month is already the second-best month ever, after the month in which it was released. This suggests that it is worth looking at the promotion tools and making use of them, so I will probably try something else in a few months.

Return to “Infiniverse Exchange”