Warrior Academies of Gareth?

Morgoth

Warrior Academies of Gareth?

Postby Morgoth » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:43 pm

So the Compendium has the Adersin Style which is taught by the Academy of Gareth (which in turn is run by the Adersin family), producing Adersin Wandering Swords. I was wondering what other Garethan styles are there in other supplements (like Compendium II), if any?

If not in the Compendium II yet, were there other Garethan Academies in prior versions of The Dark Eye?

Shinxirus

Re: Warrior Academies of Gareth?

Postby Shinxirus » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:01 am

Note that technically, only academies that are recognised and grant the Warrior's Diploma are called warrior academies. The only warrior academy (that I know of) in Gareth is the Institute of the High School of Riding, which trains mounted warriors. Other schools that that teach fighters in Gareth are the Adersins, who train wandering swords, and the Imperial School of Cavalrists as well as the School of Weapons and Life of the Golden Sword, which each train officer cadets for the army.

Bosper

Re: Warrior Academies of Gareth?

Postby Bosper » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:13 am

cadets havent been included as profession yet in TDE5. i guess no one knows how to turn them into something interesting. Warrrior styles already took the "passive bonus through leadership" role, so i guess they might be ignored for a while until someon comes up with interesting ideas for "ordering the party around without taking away agency" (FYI in TDE 4 officers had no special abilities, they just where fighters with more academics, but thats boring and doesnt need a stat block)

Return to “Setting Discussion (TDE)”