Cyberpapacy factories

Atama

Re: Cyberpapacy factories

Postby Atama » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:55 pm

The Cyberpapacy reminds me of Tharkold, in that it does not fully utilize its axiom. With such a high Tech it should be easy to automate so much. But due to world laws and culture it doesn’t, just as Tharkold is not the utopia that is possible with such a high Social axiom. (Much the opposite.)

It just reinforces how axioms represent what can be done, but not what is actually done.
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:45 am

Yoric wrote:
pkitty wrote:Augmented reality. A simple overlay showing which Tab A to insert into which Slot Q for each step of the process.

That might work. I wonder who designs these overlays. I feel plots opening :)

I don't think people do design them, that would imply some kind of trial and error is what works and what doesn't. Someone just woke up one day with divine inspiration on what to do and managed to write it down and get it done before they forgot.

I love the idea that there are rogue scientist in the background trying to get all these half formed ideas of divine inspiration and get them to work... that's a plot idea.
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:50 am

GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:I don't think people do design them, that would imply some kind of trial and error is what works and what doesn't. Someone just woke up one day with divine inspiration on what to do and managed to write it down and get it done before they forgot.

I love the idea that there are rogue scientist in the background trying to get all these half formed ideas of divine inspiration and get them to work... that's a plot idea.

Certainly a good idea for an archetype or a character concept, too! :D

Plotwise, you can have a lot of angles with this … from trying to gather up snippets to rescuing a persecuted scientist whose "Divine visions" were exposed and now is going to be executed to bringing medicine to a region of recently-absorbed territory to show people that Miasma is bollocks and that the "Unsaved" aren't supposed to be suffering when they can take a shot and be fine in a few hours to … well, all KINDS of things.

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”