Lycanthrope rules?

Morgoth

Lycanthrope rules?

Postby Morgoth » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:55 pm

I really want to run a game with a werewolf at the center, a murder mystery type of game. Can anyone give me some information on how TDE handles such creatures, and if they are published which book/bestiary they are in? (I'm considering I'll buy the German version from drivethru and figure out a way to translate using google translate or something for my personal use)

Dany40

Re: Lycanthrope rules?

Postby Dany40 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:41 am

Werewolf are in Bestiary 2. Or here in the german wiki :

http://ulisses-regelwiki.de/index.php/B ... rwolf.html

Morgoth

Postby Morgoth » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:43 pm

Awesome, thanks.

Could you also link me to any other entry on Lycanthropes on the wiki and/or Lycanthropy in general? I want to know how much of a boost to base stats a transformation provides; this entry states they are using a standard, everyday aventurian as the baseline.

And this werewolf seems a bit on the weak side, at least for a party of adventurers. Even with regeneration they will be able to hack it to pieces, without a Silver Sword or Magic.

Dyvim

Postby Dyvim » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:04 pm

How I understand it is that even at 0 HP the werewolf will always regenerate when hitted with normal weapons or magic. You can not beat him without a silver weapon.
He's relatively weak because he's based on a lambda people touched by lycanthropy. By the way he's still very resistant to magic.

There are two status and a disease to manage the lycanthropy. Look there in the wiki. I'm not sure they have been included but they are perhaps there.
In the bestiary II you have all the rules to transform anyone in a werewolf.
Last edited by Dyvim on Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bosper

Postby Bosper » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:50 pm

A Werewolf usually wouldnt face a whole group in open combat. A Pack might.

and i wouldnt call AG+5 Con+5 StR+7 speed+4 Toughness+2 damage+4 +1action weak.
They arent meant to be Big singular monsters a whole group is fighting openly as i said though.

But even if he has to fight against some for a bit, he would only get half damage (before subtracting the Armor of 2) by everything but silver. He would retreat soon though anyway to strike again at a better time or get his pack.

Glumbosch

Postby Glumbosch » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:53 am

Since noone answer, I am picking up:
Lycantropy is concidered a magical disease. You need to have secret knowledge to heal this complex disease.
https://ulisses-regelwiki.de/index.php/ ... ropie.html
the infected person gets the state "sick" and "Lycantrop"

the Secret knowlege about lykanthropy costs 10 point you have to have 12 in cure wounds and 12 in magic lore.

a lykratrop needs to pass a check in selfcontrol difficulty -7 (really hard) when at sunset of a a full moon night.
if fails becomes a were creature for 7 hours. the next day the check for difficulty is only -6 and the time is also only 6 hours. so the were-phase is a max of 7 days. if you pass the check, no more transformations will take place in that month.

wer-creatures only take half damage. calculate TP, then TP/2 then apply amour.
Silver weapons do 2*TP, (apply amor after doubling).

whenever some humanoid is in smelling distance a willpower chekc is needed not to fall into a https://ulisses-regelwiki.de/index.php/frenzy.html
and get https://ulisses-regelwiki.de/index.php/bloodrush.html
no stupor for a wer-creature though

Lancaster91

Postby Lancaster91 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:24 pm

Dont forget: the diseased character can only be cured from Lycantrophy before his first transformation and only by using a special plant (the name should be something like "red dragonmaw" in english. Aside from that only a godly intervention can cure the disease (and of course a god doesnt care if he already transformed)
German TDE player (since 2010) and Larper (since 2008)

In darkness and despair - the light prevails!
Against witchcraft and lies - the light prevails!
With fire and sword - the light prevails!
LUX TRIUMPHAT!

Return to “Rules Questions (TDE)”