Conan: Rise of Monsters
The legions of the serpent god Set march across Hyboria. In their wake the gods fall, the dead awaken, and monsters rise!
To stem this tide of dread magic, the grim barbarian, king by his own hand, draws his sword and summons his allies to battle.
Play mighty heroes, savage war beasts, and courageous troops. Battles are quick and brutal. Pre-painted armies are ready to play right out of the box!
Hewing a path across Kickstarter, 2016
Conan: Rise of Monsters – News
- CROM – Planning a Kickstarter - For the last few months, you've read rules previews, seen sample Fate cards, and maybe even watched us play a game. We also hope that you've had a chance to try out CROM for yourself using our Beta Rules. We're very close to the point where we can announce the Kickstarter launch date. And when Continue Reading
- CROM Rules – Finer Points - On the surface CROM looks very similar to other skirmish level war games, but there are a few tricky differences that don't stand out at first, especially after a quick read of the rules. These finer points drastically differentiate how the game actually plays from how it looks like it would play at first glance. The first thing is Continue Reading
- CROM – Campaigns and Sagas - Replayability is an important consideration for us. We want Conan: Rise of Monsters to be a game you can enjoy again and again. Don't worry, Conan - there's more! From simple battles to extended campaigns there are many ways to play CROM. Campaigns are are series of linked scenarios where Victory, or completing specific objectives within Continue Reading
- CROM at the Las Vegas Open! - This coming weekend - February 3rd through 5th - is the Las Vegas Open, a tabletop gaming convention with a focus on miniatures, and the CROM team is coming out in force to run demos throughout the entire convention. Among our attendees will be designers Tim Brown, Shane Hensley, and George Vasilakos, plus playtest/demo coordinator Continue Reading
- CROM Scenario Mechanics - This week we take a look at other ways to play and win in Conan: Rise of Monsters. In the standard game, battles are fought and scored at the end with Victory Points (VP). By default, defeating an enemy unit or driving it off the map earns 1 VP. It may seem strange that all units Continue Reading
- CROM Lore – Fall of Mitra - It's perfectly possible (and fun!) to simply build a war band and start a battle, but Conan: Rise of Monsters does have a story which creates context for these battles. The game itself is set late in Conan's reign as king of Aquilonia. The evil sorcerer Thoth-Amon seeks to tear down the other gods so Continue Reading
- Crom Sample Quests - Last week we offered a sample Quest for Conan. This week we present one for Thoth-Amon, as well some discussion on how Quests affect your game overall. Sample Quest - Altar of the Serpent This scenario is available for Thoth-Amon. Somewhere on the map is an ancient altar dedicated to Set, and within it (possibly) Continue Reading
- Ulisses North America YouTube Channel - We are excited to announce the launch of our new YouTube Channel! This will be the official English-language YouTube presence for all our product lines. You'll be able to find official videos as well as external reviews. Right now we have mostly Aventuria and The Dark Eye, but we'll be adding content for Conan: Rise of Monsters and Torg Continue Reading
- CROM Variations – Scenarios and Quests - There are many different ways to play CROM. In the most basic version, Victory Points are awarded for destroying enemy units or driving them from the field. Each unit swept away earns 1 VP, and the warlord with the most VP at the end of six rounds wins. This is a fast and simple way Continue Reading
- CROM Public Beta - We are excited to announce that the Conan: Rise of Monsters Public Beta rules are now available on DriveThruRPG! Download them and try them out now! And once you've had a chance to play the game, come tell us about your experiences in the Ulisses North America forums. There's a CROM section there ready for Continue Reading