Conan: Rise of Monsters
The legions of the serpent god Set march across Hyboria. In their wake the gods fall, the dead awaken, and monsters rise!
To stem this tide of dread magic, the grim barbarian, king by his own hand, draws his sword and summons his allies to battle.
Play mighty heroes, savage war beasts, and courageous troops. Battles are quick and brutal. Pre-painted armies are ready to play right out of the box!
Hewing a path across Kickstarter, 2016
Conan: Rise of Monsters – News
- CROM Lore – Fall of Mitra - It's perfectly possible (and fun!) to simply build a war band and start a battle, but Conan: Rise of Monsters does have a story which creates context for these battles. The game itself is set late in Conan's reign as king of Aquilonia. The evil sorcerer Thoth-Amon seeks to tear down the other gods so Continue Reading
- Crom Sample Quests - Last week we offered a sample Quest for Conan. This week we present one for Thoth-Amon, as well some discussion on how Quests affect your game overall. Sample Quest - Altar of the Serpent This scenario is available for Thoth-Amon. Somewhere on the map is an ancient altar dedicated to Set, and within it (possibly) Continue Reading
- Ulisses North America YouTube Channel - We are excited to announce the launch of our new YouTube Channel! This will be the official English-language YouTube presence for all our product lines. You'll be able to find official videos as well as external reviews. Right now we have mostly Aventuria and The Dark Eye, but we'll be adding content for Conan: Rise of Monsters and Torg Continue Reading
- CROM Variations – Scenarios and Quests - There are many different ways to play CROM. In the most basic version, Victory Points are awarded for destroying enemy units or driving them from the field. Each unit swept away earns 1 VP, and the warlord with the most VP at the end of six rounds wins. This is a fast and simple way Continue Reading
- CROM Public Beta - We are excited to announce that the Conan: Rise of Monsters Public Beta rules are now available on DriveThruRPG! Download them and try them out now! And once you've had a chance to play the game, come tell us about your experiences in the Ulisses North America forums. There's a CROM section there ready for Continue Reading
- CROM Unit Preview #4 – Gunderland Pikemen - "With the knights came what seemed a second, irregular army on tough swift ponies. These dismounted and formed their ranks on foot - stolid Bossonian archers, and keen pikemen from Gunderland, their tawny locks blowing from under their steel caps." -The Scarlet Citadel At the heart of the Circle of Iron are the three units Continue Reading
- CROM Unit Preview #3 – Ancestor Guard - "The supposedly dead man was rushing upon him, eyes blazing with indisputable life, his short sword gleaming in his hand." -The Slithering Shadow (aka Xuthal of the Dusk) The Legion of Set is feared for its ranged attacks, but it also contains a few noteworthy close-combat units. Among these is the stalwart Ancestor Guard. Notable Continue Reading
- CROM Unit Preview #2 – Scion of Set - "Instantly the monster whirled and was upon him like the rush of wind through tall grass. The long knife quivered in its neck, point and a foot of blade showing on one side, and the hilt and a hand's breadth of steel on the other, but it only seemed to madden the giant reptile. The Continue Reading
- CROM Unit Preview #1 – Bossonian Archers - Over the last dozen weeks, we have teased most of the mechanics for Conan: Rise of Monsters. As we get ready to release the Quick-Start rules, we're going to begin looking at the units that you might select for your army. First, let's take a look at one of the signature units from the Circle Continue Reading
- CROM Mechanics Teaser #12 – Fate Cards Part 6 - We're wrapping up our Fate Card previews today with a double dose - four more cards! Our next set of previews will get into specific units so that you can start thinking about how you'll build your force as we get ready to release the Quick-Start Rules. For now, let's get into this last round Continue Reading